Page 626 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 ... LastLast
Results 15,626 to 15,650 of 46281

Thread: Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    "it's not garbage, it's a habit! it's biodegradable! we're persecuted! lungs need attention to!"
    Not biodegradable...
    https://www.csmonitor.com/Environmen...-litter-impact

(but I think you already knew that

Before my dad quit smoking, when he stopped by he would always put out his cigarette and toss his butt out in my lawn. In the Spring when the snow started to melt I would pick up probably 40-50 butts.

Watch a storm drain along a busy street in town sometime when a big rain comes along (after several week of little rain). The catch basins are a constant flow of butts floating along the surge of water for the first several minutes of the storm runoff.

I hate butts
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Oh I hate that shit, too!!

People so concerned that their precious car doesn't smell like cigarettes from their putrid smoking, and yet think nothing about just dumping the cancer stick butts on the road, as if they will decompose in the next rain.

The only thing decomposing is their fucking lungs from smoking for years.

Jesus, foggy. How long does a gallon of pure maple syrup last you? If I bought one I'd probably be dead before it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Jesus, foggy. How long does a gallon of pure maple syrup last you? If I bought one I'd probably be dead before it was gone.
    A gallon lasts about 2-4 months in my house (depending on time of year). On the other hand a bag of refined sugar probably goes several years before it gets used up.

Not sure why the maple syrup stuff is in the "Stuff that Annoys You" thread. Is it for people looking for Christmas gift ideas that don't involve cars?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Thread drift is what makes TGR. You have to read everything so you don't miss the good stuff buried deep in random threads.

Like NEK, we don't use a lot of regular sugar at my house. My wife probably has maple syrup everyday. Mostly on yogurt and cereal. Pancakes and fried eggs is one of my comfort foods. I have it for dinner about once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    People generally deserve a tsunami of boiling fryer grease to wash over the entirety of their lives. Dogs are awesome unless a person fucked them up. What of it?
    You must make new friends every day! Do you walk up to them and smell their butt to, you know, get aquainted?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I have an almost 7 year old, maple syrup goes fast.

Thanks Foggy for the link. I may buy me a gallon.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Speaking of maple syrup. I let a guy tap trees on my property and he usually leaves me a gallon and a half of syrup in exchange...this year he said he left it but it wasn't there, so somebody musta stolen it...or he didn't leave it. I have to buy it now. This shit annoys me.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I will not use non-VT maple syrup. I also buy it by the gallon and store it in the freezer.

That price for a gallon shipped from Square Deal Farm is pretty good.

Since this is the shit that annoys you thread, I hate the new VT syrup grading. Specifically, because I used to buy “Grade A Dark Amber”. That grade now falls across “Grade A Amber Color with Rich Taste” and “Grade A Dark with Robust Taste”. WTF?!?!?!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Anyone that uses speakerphone or Facetime/Skype in a public place.

ugh

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    I will not use non-VT maple syrup. I also buy it by the gallon and store it in the freezer.

That price for a gallon shipped from Square Deal Farm is pretty good.

Since this is the shit that annoys you thread, I hate the new VT syrup grading. Specifically, because I used to buy “Grade A Dark Amber”. That grade now falls across “Grade A Amber Color with Rich Taste” and “Grade A Dark with Robust Taste”. WTF?!?!?!

The new system is super annoying. I still don’t know what is what.

Any Grade B syrup fans? Damn I love that darker stuff. That light & thin Grade A is good but B is a whole ‘nother level of flavor and sort of smokiness.

We have Sugar Bob’s smoked maple syrup locally too. If you’ve ever had a smoked maple glazed chicken wing, you’d fkn know it! Awesome on chicken and pork. Highly recommended.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Also annoying: throwing up. I just puked for the 7th time this morning. Food the first time and water/bile the rest. I’m so fucking thirsty. At least I’m getting a day off and a great ab workout?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

The flu is the quickest way to get those last few pounds off on the way to your target weight.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Any Grade B syrup fans? Damn I love that darker stuff. That light & thin Grade A is good but B is a whole ‘nother level of flavor and sort of smokiness.
    Grade B used to be my go-to but it's been relabeled Grade A Dark Color and Robust Taste. There also used to be a Grade C but it was hard to find.

Mrs. Bootyworth...may be NSFW

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Grade B used to be my go-to but it's been relabeled Grade A Dark Color and Robust Taste. There also used to be a Grade C but it was hard to find.

Meh grade C goes too far. I didn’t really like it all that much. From what I’ve gathered, it’s used in cooking more than adding by itself.

Absolutely. Grade B fo life'. I actually had this conversation with the owners of the farm when I was last there. They hate the new system as well due to the fact that their customers are conditioned to the old system.

The maple syrup trade, Northeast Kingdom Style, would make a great reality show. The backwoods politics are hilarious until you realize how much money is involved.

At retail prices, a barrel is worth at least $3500

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Absolutely. Grade B fo life'. I actually had this conversation with the owners of the farm when I was last there. They hate the new system as well due to the fact that their customers are conditioned to the old system.

The maple syrup trade, Northeast Kingdom Style, would make a great reality show. The backwoods politics are hilarious until you realize how much money is involved.

At retail prices, a barrel is worth at least $3500

There’s GOLD in them thar hills!

DoWork, I think you live in Southern VT...so...you know...Northern MA so I don't know too much about what it's like down there. Up in the Kingdom, people really are paying there bills working the land. It's pretty interesting. Just on my Father-in-laws road between Walden and Hardwick are the Square Deal Farm, I small time logger who pays quite a bit to selectively log private property, and my Father-in-laws tree farm. Hand planted and tended evergreens as far as the eye can see. He's now only farming about 2 acres of the 80 he owns. You ask how much he gets for the trees (mostly wholesale to nurseries around Burlington and Stowe) and you realize it is a pile of money.

Annoying: unsalted cashews. no thanks.

Quebec dwarfs VT in Maple Syrup production by a factor of about 10 (of course it's a lot bigger, too). Did you guys ever read about the Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist? It's quite a story: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016...le-syrup-heist (there's a lot of articles out there, no idea if this is the best one, I grabbed it pretty much randomly). Millons of dollars worth of syrup stolen from the Strategic Maple Syrup reserve and replaced with water.

Back to annoying things: t-shirts with a too small neck opening. Followed closely by t-shirts with a too large neck opening.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Back to annoying things: t-shirts with a too small neck opening. Followed closely by t-shirts with a too large neck opening.
    And the short short sleeves that are are for pencil arms. Wtf is up with that weird trend?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    And the short short sleeves that are are for pencil arms. Wtf is up with that weird trend?
    Skinny pants = skinny shirts I guess. Basically boxy shit isn't stylish right now.