Page 1021 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,525 of 46278
    Received a notification from UPS that my package was delivered only to come home to no package, WTF! Can't file a claim until Monday now according to UPS

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Peyronie's disease commercials on TV, wtf
    I don't always talk about my penis at the doctor's office, but when I do I bring a cucumber with me.

Tailgaters with Peyronie's.

What really pisses me off is not having a regular sleep cycle. By regular, I mean one that conforms to business hours and such. Sure, I'm up all night and responding to e-mails at 8:30. Seeing every sunrise and sunset because I can't sleep is a bitch.

I feel like it's taking years off my life. After 40, I don't know why this is happening. Maybe because I don't have someone to snuggle with. For instance, it's 11 P.M. and I'm about to roast a chicken. Thank god it's Friday night. But, WTF?

Why is it so fucking hard to log in to this goddamned fucking forum from a web browser?

I click the log in button and enter my credentials on the top black bar. You would think that would do it. But it does not. I have to do some other bullshit, none of which involves any kind of “log in” button, before I can get to the magical VBulletin login.

I’m probably missing something obvious.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Why is it so fucking hard to log in to this goddamned fucking forum from a web browser?

I click the log in button and enter my credentials on the top black bar. You would think that would do it. But it does not. I have to do some other bullshit, none of which involves any kind of “log in” button, before I can get to the magical VBulletin login.

I’m probably missing something obvious.
    cookies blocked?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    cookies blocked?
    Yes. That should not make it impossible to log in.

It’s shitfuck website design.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    What really pisses me off is not having a regular sleep cycle. By regular, I mean one that conforms to business hours and such. Sure, I'm up all night and responding to e-mails at 8:30. Seeing every sunrise and sunset because I can't sleep is a bitch.

I feel like it's taking years off my life. After 40, I don't know why this is happening. Maybe because I don't have someone to snuggle with. For instance, it's 11 P.M. and I'm about to roast a chicken. Thank god it's Friday night. But, WTF?
    Get a night shift job. Profit.

Yes. That should not make it impossible to log in.

It’s shitfuck website design.
    It's legacy default to use cookies.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

It's definitely not helping you. It's a common problem though and there's all kinds of ideas out there on things to help with it, are you doing anything in particular to deal with it? I had about a week of sleeplessness recently and that was enough to make me desparate, I can't imagine how shitty it must be to be like that all the time, get some help man.

In my case I figured out the new coffee I had started drinking was insanely caffeinated and once I stopped drinking that shit it stopped. Easy fix once I figured it out, not suggesting that yours will be an easy fix but you need to try things I think. My brother can't sleep worth shit so he drinks himself to sleep and at 55 it's really fucking catching up to him, don't go that way.

Since I quit drinking my sleep has never been better. Alcohol fucks with sleep, big time.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It's legacy default to use cookies.
    Sure it is. I’m ok with signing in every time. There are tools that allow me to sign in to the sites that I use efficiently and securely without compromising same with cookies. TGRs design makes that unreasonably difficult, to a degree that I haven’t encountered in literally any other website login I interact with (and I interact with or oversee administration of, literally, dozens).
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Since I quit drinking my sleep has never been better. Alcohol fucks with sleep, big time.
    Wine with dinner last week, after a bit of a break. Slept like shit. I’m giving up on alcohol.

Sure it is. I’m ok with signing in every time. There are tools that allow me to sign in to the sites that I use efficiently and securely without compromising same with cookies. TGRs design makes that unreasonably difficult, to a degree that I haven’t encountered in literally any other website login I interact with (and I interact with or oversee administration of, literally, dozens).
    Seriously. Websites are complicated enough without making them even more complicated out of laziness or incompetence.

TGR is def not the only one with problems like this.

OMG! I'm in hell with my wireless carrier!

This morning I got my ebill like always. Go to pay it and it says my account doesn't exist. 2 hrs later and 10 calls I still can't get help because apparently after a dozen years as a client I no longer exist and without a valid number no one can help me yet I have an email bill that needs to be paid BUT THEY WON'T LET ME PAY IT BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FIND ME IN THEIR SYSTEM.

I've asked repeatedly to be connected with a supervisor but cannot get there from the first level.

I've been told the 1-800 number I called was the wrong one yet it's the one on my ebill.

I've been told my account hasn't been serviced since July 1, 2010 yet I've had service and have been paying them since long before that.

Oh and... I still have service. Using it right now but I can tell you that as soon as I manage to get someone to take my payment I will be cancelling the service and going elsewhere.

What an incredible clusterfuck!
    Last edited by KQ; 04-06-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Shit that annoys you

Or just ignore payment and then see how long it takes them to sort it out then?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Or just ignore payment and then see how long it takes them to sort it out then?
    willing to bet they will be johnny-on-the-spot to cut me off for non-payment and then send me to collections.

Did I mention that one service rep told me my service had been sold to Frontier (news to me!) yet when I called Frontier they said they don't service Walla Walla Washington?

I called the local store I bought the service from and they can't help me either. I begged them to contact a supervisor and get me through to them but no-can-do.

How can such a big established company be so fucked up?

Edit/Add:

An online search for "Nameless carrier says my account doesn't exist" pulls up many with the same problem and same narrative as mine. I tried to log onto their community page but can't because ... wait for it... my account doesn't exist and if I try to use my email it says "that email is already in use" and won't let me use it. Yeah... already in use by ME assholes.
    Last edited by KQ; 04-06-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    TGR is def not the only one with problems like this.
    That is fair. Other sites I run into with the same issues lose my traffic. Not that they care.... but I stop going there. TGR is the exception.
    focus.

That is fair. Other sites I run into with the same issues lose my traffic. Not that they care.... but I stop going there. TGR is the exception.
    You can't quit us. <3
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Lean ground beef
    Wtf

Wifey bought 94% lean. Again.
    It won’t fry. It just boils in it’s own water.
    And you need to oil the pan first.
    And it has no flavor!

Made a pot of chili with 80/20 beef last week.
    Fried up nice. Left a slick of grease that had to be drained.
    Tasted like awesome.

And don’t even talk to me about ground turkey
    . . .

Natural saturated fat has been vilified for way too long. It’s healthy. The low fat alternatives we’ve been sold are killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Lean ground beef
    Wtf

Wifey bought 94% lean. Again.
    It won’t fry. It just boils in it’s own water.
    And you need to oil the pan first.
    And it has no flavor!

Made a pot of chili with 80/20 beef last week.
    Fried up nice. Left a slick of grease that had to be drained.
    Tasted like awesome.

And don’t even talk to me about ground turkey
    I take 94% lean ground turkey, mix it with my secret spice recipe, sit for three hours in fridge, run it through the meat grinder to get a perfect mix and the right texture, then broil 2oz patties for 4.5 minutes a side. Makes a great tasting lean protein that fits well with my diet. I stick a bunch in the freezer. Perfect for egg sammiches. And a whole bunch of other tastey dishes. We have been using ground turkey for years in lots of things like spaghetti sauce and tacos. I prefer it to ground beef in those dishes. You have to know how to cook it. And you have to drain the water.

MTM

Quitting alcohol will improve your sleep cycle. Trust me on that one.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Natural saturated fat has been vilified for way too long. It’s healthy. The low fat alternatives we’ve been sold are killing us.
    Saturated fat is still bad for you. Low Density Lipids will still clog your arteries, that hasn't changed.

It is the mono and polyunsaturated fats that are good.

Turkey really isn't that much healthier than beef, if you compare similar fat contents, beef might actually be better.

If the meat is too lean, you can add back fat with Olive oil, Coconut oil, MCT oil or butter. Better fats than you'll get from the 80/20 meat anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    willing to bet they will be johnny-on-the-spot to cut me off for non-payment and then send me to collections.

Did I mention that one service rep told me my service had been sold to Frontier (news to me!) yet when I called Frontier they said they don't service Walla Walla Washington?

I called the local store I bought the service from and they can't help me either. I begged them to contact a supervisor and get me through to them but no-can-do.

How can such a big established company be so fucked up?

Edit/Add:

An online search for "Nameless carrier says my account doesn't exist" pulls up many with the same problem and same narrative as mine. I tried to log onto their community page but can't because ... wait for it... my account doesn't exist and if I try to use my email it says "that email is already in use" and won't let me use it. Yeah... already in use by ME assholes.
    Switch to ATT. You will pay through the nose but you will never, ever have trouble paying them.
    Or are you old enough to switch to Community Cellular?