Page 1368 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 ... LastLast
Results 34,176 to 34,200 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    When rich tech bros say shit like this “Our dream is to free the world from traffic,”

No, your dream is to be a billionaire doing blow with hookers in your hot tub while your business operates in a regulatory free for all and, of course, you pay zero taxes for any of it.
    Haha. Yup. They all supposedly dream of "making the world a better place." Kind of a running joke in HBO's Silicon Valley. If you haven't seen that show, go binge it stat!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Companies that place outside sales calls from a spoofed local number annoy me. When I get one of these calls at work I try to be polite, because work, but drilling down to their location is always an easy path out of the call.
    “Hey, you’re in (some tiny town 10 miles away that has 7 residences and a gas station), huh?”

“Oh, no, we aren’t….”

“Why does caller ID say you’re local, then?”

“Um, well, we’re looking to partner with you on…”

“Dude, you started this call with a lie. You want to partner now?”
    Mega annoying

I answer but don’t say anything

If it’s a local human they say hello. Hello.

If you say hello they transfer you to the call center.

Fuck spoofing. That should be illegal
    . . .

Nah, these are live agents. Usually they go through a few different people before they get to me, which means they have to lie or talk a good game to not get filtered out. Wastes so much damn time….
    focus.

Ha, their doing it wrong. I'd cold call the guy high enough on ladder to have a secretary.

Sec: Hello, Mr. Verybig's office, this is Molly.
    Me: Hi Molly, actually you are the person I really wanted to speak with. I'm Wooley12 and wonder if you could help me? Whom should I call to speak with that would be in charge of rewarding your salespeople with a travel mug or custom gold ring?
    Sec: Sure, I love to help people and you made me feel important. That would be Ms. Notasbig at 555-555-0002

So I call and leave a message on Ms. Notasbig's voice mail.
    Hi, I'm Wolley12 and Mr Verybig's office told me that you would be the person to talk to about travel mugs and gold rings for your top salespeople.

Almost always got a callback.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Wait, I thought you sold bras?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I've sold lots of other stuff. From classic sportswear for the Rubenesque figured women and camera straps to Kodak. Sold the Bills their XXV Superbowl losers ring. My final sale before hanging it up was tee shirts ordered by a mountain guide while he was climbing Mt Rainier.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Sid Farkus. He's the best in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    At least that's what he told said secretaries. Remember, this is back in nineteen dickety-two when such things were considered acceptable office culture.
    Wooley in his fast talking, Transatlantic accent: "Hey, sugar tits. Boss is out for the day, eh? You know I'm a salesman of world class braziers, right? Straight from France. Nothing but the finest. Now step on over to this supply closet so I can get an accurate measurement."

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Attachment 377069

Special shoes for dirt mopeds?
    At least they have laces and not that fucking BOA shit.

Anybody else catch how just about every major corporation out there has changed their logos to be all rainbow during Pride Month? Yeah, that's fine. I really don't care about that. But what's NOT cool is how they conveniently left their logos alone in the Middle East and elsewhere. My point being that if they TRULY cared about the LBGT cause, they'd leave it as is EVERYWHERE, and if those countries have a problem (which they will), then said corporations should have the balls to tell those countries to go fuck off. Ain't happening, which proves their compassion is 100% phony, and that's what I find annoying. Especially since they're bombarding us with how rad they are for supporting the cause all over commercials, LinkedIn posts, Twatter, etc. They are SO nauseatingly sanctimonious about it in their art-piece short film commercials. Walk the walk, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Anybody else catch how just about every major corporation out there has changed their logos to be all rainbow during Pride Month? Yeah, that's fine. I really don't care about that. But what's NOT cool is how they conveniently left their logos alone in the Middle East and elsewhere. My point being that if they TRULY cared about the LBGT cause, they'd leave it as is EVERYWHERE, and if those countries have a problem (which they will), then said corporations should have the balls to tell those countries to go fuck off. Ain't happening, which proves their compassion is 100% phony, and that's what I find annoying. Especially since they're bombarding us with how rad they are for supporting the cause all over commercials, LinkedIn posts, Twatter, etc. They are SO nauseatingly sanctimonious about it in their art-piece short film commercials. Walk the walk, guys!

yeah, this x100. all the corporate rainbow-washing is such a thinly veiled cash grab, especially when you look at many of these companies' continued donations to anti-LGBT+ politicians and causes. the duplicity is astounding.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

There’s money at the end of the rainbow?

Fucking leprechauns

Shit that annoys you

G rated Disney TV shows talking about the Kardashians.

What.The.Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I've sold lots of other stuff. From classic sportswear for the Rubenesque figured women and camera straps to Kodak. Sold the Bills their XXV Superbowl losers ring. My final sale before hanging it up was tee shirts ordered by a mountain guide while he was climbing Mt Rainier.
    you would have liked my Uncle Marty. He sold everything that could be sold. Barrels of eye glass frames. Cheap cookware sets--he'd go into a bar or gas station and sell his "last samples" of $250 cookware sets for $25 which was a fair price. Lalique in his prosperous days. He eventually did very well cold calling machine shops and selling machine tools. At the time all machine tools were sold in person. He eventually had a boiler room full of guys selling--totally legit.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    yeah, this x100. all the corporate rainbow-washing is such a thinly veiled cash grab, especially when you look at many of these companies' continued donations to anti-LGBT+ politicians and causes. the duplicity is astounding.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    Corporations give money to anyone with half a chance of winning. They don't have political opinions beyond what's good for their profits. Corporations aren't people after all.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Corporations aren't people after all.
    This is why you’re never gonna get that seat on SCOTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Companies that place outside sales calls from a spoofed local number annoy me. When I get one of these calls at work I try to be polite, because work, but drilling down to their location is always an easy path out of the call.
    “Hey, you’re in (some tiny town 10 miles away that has 7 residences and a gas station), huh?”

“Oh, no, we aren’t….”

“Why does caller ID say you’re local, then?”

“Um, well, we’re looking to partner with you on…”

“Dude, you started this call with a lie. You want to partner now?”
    I’ve told the HomeAdvisor sales people go fuck themselves more than once because of this, I haven’t heard from them for awhile, sometimes they call and act like they are looking to hire a contractor for a job...that annoys me as well
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I think the dude infront of me at the drive up banking is taking out a loan. JFC. He's sent the carrier back and forth 3 times so far. Lobby is open now too.
    Last edited by KQ; 06-15-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

If he is taking out a loan I hope you aren't planning to withdraw cash, because those machines only hold so much.

I ordered a bathrobe today from Amazon. It shipped and they charged my card the next day. It's suppose to arrive by July 22. From China. Not just made in China, shipped from China. The fact that there were identical robes being sold on Amazon by a bunch of different companies with weird names and spectacular reviews in odd English should have been a clue. I guess I figured Amazon kept it in stock here. Anyway, maybe it will show up by July22, although they didn't specify the year.
    Last edited by old goat; 06-15-2021 at 09:35 PM.

My lab was going crazy this am….go downstairs and the neighbors dog (mini mutt) is on our front porch (right at the front door)…..taking a crap.

Not sure what we all did to him…..but that was a statement shit……a direct attack on our sovereign household.

Hopefully my lab is planning her revenge….

That was literally a “shit that annoys me”.

I ordered a bathrobe today from Amazon. It shipped and they charged my card the next day. It's suppose to arrive by July 22. From China. Not just made in China, shipped from China.
    Happened to me recently. Ordered shorts from "Moon Mogul"(somethinglikethat) and found out a couple of days later that it was being shipped from China. It arrived almost a month later. But it fits nicely and doesn't make my butt look big.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I think the dude infront of me at the drive up banking is taking out a loan. JFC. He's sent the carrier back and forth 3 times so far. Lobby is open now too.
    Why are you in the drive through? It’s almost always faster to use the atm or go inside. Plus you’re not wasting gas.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If he is taking out a loan I hope you aren't planning to withdraw cash, because those machines only hold so much.

I ordered a bathrobe today from Amazon. It shipped and they charged my card the next day. It's suppose to arrive by July 22. From China. Not just made in China, shipped from China. The fact that there were identical robes being sold on Amazon by a bunch of different companies with weird names and spectacular reviews in odd English should have been a clue. I guess I figured Amazon kept it in stock here. Anyway, maybe it will show up by July22, although they didn't specify the year.
    Gotta flip that Prime toggle to ON, even if you don't have Prime. That way you know its coming from an amazon warehouse or equivalent and should show up quickly. If you did that, and still got China'd, then that sucks - just click refund and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Happened to me recently. Ordered shorts from "Moon Mogul"(somethinglikethat) and found out a couple of days later that it was being shipped from China. It arrived almost a month later. But it fits nicely and doesn't make my butt look big.
    In normal times, waiting for it to come from China wouldn't be a problem--it's a bathrobe, not a heart valve--but these aren't normal times. But maybe it will show up this summer. I'm sure they can find space in a shipping container for one bathrobe.

As far as your butt--post pics and let us decide. With the shorts on please.

Customer service phone lines at banks. Jebus, when did they get so shitty? Please hold, let me transfer you, I can’t do that here but this other number can, your wait time is over ten minutes (repeated for 45 minutes). The nearest branch is 1500 miles away, so I have no option but to call. I’ve been a customer of theirs for almost 30 years; I expect concierge service with a bow on it.