Page 1541 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 ... LastLast
Results 38,501 to 38,525 of 46052
    You don't have an Allen set? That annoys me.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    You don't have an Allen set? That annoys me.
    I do have several. But they were at home. 450 miles away. Nobody gave me any idea they were needed. I asked several times if I needed to bring any tools.

Aha, that changes things. But I am sure it was a 4mm, you could have asked a crack addict to find you one for a Looney or two.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Aha, that changes things. But I am sure it was a 4mm, you could have asked a crack addict to find you one for a Looney or two.
    It seems like even the crack addicts took Canada Day off. Freaking ghost town.

Cape towns ban plastic bottles.
    Box water price gouging takes over

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656857780.528404.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	420567

I was at a concert last night standing by a kiosk where they were selling beer and water. Guy asked for a water, the lady gave it to him and said, five bucks. Guy said, you don't have to pay for water, it's free. And walked away. Lady was incensed but didn't do anything about it. So I guess he was right. You could try that.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

Wow. What a crock of shit.
    It’s like Fiji water. Let’s ship water thousands of miles and claim it’s green.

We collect our water from Shasta Springs, located on Mt. Shasta in Dunsmuir, California. Covered with self-replenishing glaciers and eternal snow, Mt. Shasta rises to an altitude of 14,162 ft.

Our water travels a long way from the place where the glaciers melt; it slowly passes through gemstone-infused rock, layered granite, green jade, and gold.

At 3,000 ft, the water springs in energetic streams from the cracks in the stone. It surfaces into caves and is untouched by human hands. Our water is preserved behind special doors, made from stainless steel; gravity fed water system helps us in water collection.

Thanks to the radiocarbon dating tests, we learned that the water is not less than a hundred years old (and possibly even 10,000). Also, we learned that it comes from 7,000 to 10,000 ft snow and glacier level, from testing the oxygen isotopes.

A comprehensive study of glaciers on Mt. Shasta was conducted in 2002, examining the growth of the glaciers over the fifty-year period – from 1951 to 2002, to be exact. The results were incredible; two have almost doubled over that time, one increased by 50%, and two more glaciers by over 33%.

You, Sir, are insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    We needed a hex key in order to take apart and transport a bed frame. We couldn't find an open store to buy one. Not even Canadian tire or Walmart It took many hours for thing#1 to find a friend who was awake and not dysfunctionally hungover in order to borrow said key. And then we had to transport said frame plus the mattress to Saint John from Fredericton before heading towards VT. It was a goat rodeo. Of the highest order.
    Vibes++

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Vibes++
    Thanks man. My Canada adventure was short and I made it back home yesterday with thing #1. The hex key and having to take the bed to Saint John cost me a $130 hotel room in NH as I just didn't have that extra 2.75 hours of driving in me Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Tell me about it.
    Whoa! Welcome back!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wow. What a crock of shit.
    It’s like Fiji water. Let’s ship water thousands of miles and claim it’s green.

We collect our water from Shasta Springs, located on Mt. Shasta in Dunsmuir, California. Covered with self-replenishing glaciers and eternal snow, Mt. Shasta rises to an altitude of 14,162 ft.

Our water travels a long way from the place where the glaciers melt; it slowly passes through gemstone-infused rock, layered granite, green jade, and gold.

At 3,000 ft, the water springs in energetic streams from the cracks in the stone. It surfaces into caves and is untouched by human hands. Our water is preserved behind special doors, made from stainless steel; gravity fed water system helps us in water collection.

Thanks to the radiocarbon dating tests, we learned that the water is not less than a hundred years old (and possibly even 10,000). Also, we learned that it comes from 7,000 to 10,000 ft snow and glacier level, from testing the oxygen isotopes.

A comprehensive study of glaciers on Mt. Shasta was conducted in 2002, examining the growth of the glaciers over the fifty-year period – from 1951 to 2002, to be exact. The results were incredible; two have almost doubled over that time, one increased by 50%, and two more glaciers by over 33%.
    And meanwhile, in reality they are just filling bottles with tap water.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    And meanwhile, in reality they are just filling bottles with tap water.
    Pretty much. Bottled water annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Parents is free too, no home delivery.

If you are bitching about the price it's a luxury. Go find the 1st world problem thread.
    When I was living in the 80477, like Jax i think, it was pretty much a necessity for renters to have po boxes. For most of the area home delivery was limited to cluster boxes and IME many landlords wouldn't give renters access to the cluster box, or PO Box associated with the dwelling. Not to mention that a lot of people claimed that the cluster box service was worse than dealing with a po box as delivery was contracted out. I've lived in a few towns that had usps mail delivery setup that way.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Have you ever noticed the only USPS employees that seem happy are the mail carriers who are out delivering on foot? The people who actually work the desks, etc. are the archetype for apathetic government employees.
    Sounds familar...my most memorable experience was with a postal worker named Bambi. I was moving to another state and stopped by to drop off my PO Box keys for a box I was renting. She wouldn't accept the keys because there was still time left on the rental. Her solution was to mail the keys back to that post office once our box expired, which we did. What could go wrong??? It got messed up on their end, and ultimately my wife had to speak with Bambi's supervisor over the phone to work it out. Last I heard Bambi's supervisor wasn't too happy with her.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post

At that price just drink light beer.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    At that price just drink light beer.
    Same price per bottle as fever tree, so…

Follow up complaint:
    The law is so narrowly written around plain bottled water that you can apparently get around it by buying “alkaline water” for slightly more than regular water

Name:	Image1656886494.483271.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	420602

But that’s not Nantucket water shipped across country from Mt Shasta

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I can count the number of leaky batteries I've had to deal with on one hand (out of a ton of batteries in 70+ years) - how come y'all are so lucky?
    No idea why I'm so special. Here's another one I just found this afternoon.

Name:	PXL_20220704_002106439.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	914.5 KB 
ID:	420615

Perhaps you shouldn't pee on them????

I didn't know that silicone caulk went bad over time.

Resealed a window seal (seal was lifting and not staying in place) on our new used camper... wondering why the caulk wasn't curing, even two days later. Googled, learned that it goes bad over time even if unopened, then looked at the tube: expiration date was 2015.

Cleaning up uncured old sloppy caulk really sucked. Luckily none of it adhered, so after many paper towels, and wiping with a rubbing alcohol soaked rag, it came out OK.

Recaulked with a brand new tube.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Trying to come up with a good caulk joke, but coming up short.

Something something old sloppy caulk sucker something.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Cleaning up uncured old sloppy caulk really sucked.

Recaulked with a brand new tube.
    That's what she said.

This has never happened to me before....

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.