Page 1362 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 ... LastLast
Results 34,026 to 34,050 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    How do we hold harm to these dimwits who have not cut down the cottonwood trees ? MFs. I’ve got a fresh white blanket over my yard for you to come handle.
    Ever throw a match on a pile of cottonwood cotton? It can be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    How do we hold harm to these dimwits who have not cut down the cottonwood trees ? MFs. I’ve got a fresh white blanket over my yard for you to come handle.
    The drifts of cottonwood by heritage park recently were impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    The drifts of cottonwood by heritage park recently were impressive.
    Yup. From Heritage to Juanita Beach- it’s aggressive. The city whacked a bunch during early lockdown last year, I was optimistic..

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Ever throw a match on a pile of cottonwood cotton? It can be exciting.
    Never occurred to me. Will try.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Never occurred to me. Will try.

Edit for a better one.

Oh, wow.

Shit that annoys you

Went for a recreational road/trail ride with the fam. Mistimed/misjudged a big curb by my house while we were getting ready to go and endo-ed into the sidewalk, in full display of my kids and a couple different groups of neighbors who were gathering for Memorial Day.

Outwardly I am mostly unscathed and I shook it off like nothing happened at the time. But it all hurts now and I’m not sure my pride will ever fully recover.
    focus.

Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Went for a recreational road/trail ride with the fam. Mistimed/misjudged a big curb by my house while we were getting ready to go and endo-ed into the sidewalk, in full display of my kids and a couple different groups of neighbors who were gathering for Memorial Day.

Outwardly I am mostly unscathed and I shook it off like nothing happened at the time. But it all hurts now and I’m not sure my pride will ever fully recover.
    I unlocked my left foot from the pedal and fell over to the right with my right foot still locked in, in front of my beautiful next door neighbor.
    Party of 4 with big packs and touring gear going on the BC gate at the top of Sugar Bowl--the leader fell over the instant he got through the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I unlocked my left foot from the pedal and fell over to the right with my right foot still locked in, in front of my beautiful next door neighbor.
    Party of 4 with big packs and touring gear going on the BC gate at the top of Sugar Bowl--the leader fell over the instant he got through the gate.
    This is pretty much how it always goes. I’ve never tipped over because I didn’t unclip when I’m by myself. Always at a busy intersection or when riding with a new group or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Who is the insurer?
    State Farm. Fuck them. Im out.

Their final offer was this:

We will pay for the cheapest possible replacement we can find online plus the labor a shop will charge.

Of course this is barring the fact that no shop will warranty any work done if you bring your own parts, and if you buy parts from the shop, they will cost much much more than you can find online by yourself.

I calmly (given my irateness) explained how bogus this was to the adjuster (that took me 10+ calls to finally reach). He said “I’m sorry you feel that way but that’s how we calculate claims”

So. Any recommendations on bundled car/homeowners insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    State Farm. Fuck them. Im out.

Their final offer was this:

We will pay for the cheapest possible replacement we can find online plus the labor a shop will charge.

Of course this is barring the fact that no shop will warranty any work done if you bring your own parts, and if you buy parts from the shop, they will cost much much more than you can find online by yourself.

I calmly (given my irateness) explained how bogus this was to the adjuster (that took me 10+ calls to finally reach). He said “I’m sorry you feel that way but that’s how we calculate claims”

So. Any recommendations on bundled car/homeowners insurance?
    sounds like a complaint to your insurance commissioner might be in order. Pay the difference between the shop's charge for the part and the cheapest online price, use the shop's part, then file your complaint.
    We've had a number of claims with SF mostly car, one or two homeowner, plus one on an umbrella policy and always have found them fair, prompt, no hassle, and generous. Until recently. My wife had a collision with an at-fault uninsured driver. At first SF wanted us to pay the deductible until we pointed out we have uninsured driver coverage. This was after not contacting us for a month or two after we filed the claim. Eventually the car got fixed at no cost to us, I don't know if SF has decided to change their policies and practices about handling claims or if they've got a lot of inexperienced people working from home.

this.. they hate having complaints on file with state insurance boards. their license to operate in the state depends on them having a good record.

People who say “Happy Memorial Day” is annoying
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

It's only a matter of time before people will start saying happy 9/11 (or at least Patriot Day)

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    People who say “Happy Memorial Day” is annoying
    I just came here to rant the same thing. Glad to see I’m not the only one.

Edit: it wasn’t specifically “people” that triggered me, but an email from Powder Addicts with “Happy Memorial Day” as the subject.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Memorial Day is the day we can't remember anything we did last Memorial Day. And the day we won't be able to remember next Memorial Day. And who knew St. Patrick is the patron saint of alcoholics and Cinco de Mayo is the day Mexico liberated the tequila factory.

Lot of fucking coughing on the plane I’m on.

re: the cottonwood discussion.
    started painting my exterior doors of the house this weekend... just as I noticed it's the 1st day the cottonwoods have started to blow out their pollen.
    Got one done and now I'm waiting on the others for a bit until it stops raining cotton
    skid luxury

Firefox's new update.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    started painting my exterior doors of the house this weekend... just as I noticed it's the 1st day the cottonwoods have started to blow out their pollen.
    Got one done and now I'm waiting on the others for a bit until it stops raining cotton
    I fuggin hate the cottonwood jizz. We get it a lot later here in VT. Only bright spot is this year I am gonna fill up the fire pit and toss a flaming torch in it.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Maybe you should reconsider. You could have yourself a nice furry wall with little effort and no extra expense.

Even more annoying than the normal paywall fuckery. F off, Disney

Name:  FU.JPG
Views: 866
Size:  78.5 KB

“Vibing.” Most of the shit kids say doesn’t really annoy me, but for some reason this one does.
    focus.