Page 1017 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... LastLast
Results 25,401 to 25,425 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Got it. I do reuse the mesh bags oranges come in (I buy a lot of oranges, squeeze OJ every morning). We put grapefruits and lemons in them and give the away. We do throw out the mandarin bags. Still, if you buy a bunch of unpackaged mandarins aren't they going to wind up in a bag anyway?
    I hate trying to figure out what plastics we can recycle. I admit to throwing a lot of non recylable stiff in the blue bag, but I do provide work for a lot of sorters as the landfill. Isn't most recycling turning out to be a big scam anyway?
    https://youtu.be/Jac96QNtRmU

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Oh, California. Where it's now easier to get needles (free from the govt at that) than it is to get a straw for your drink, a plastic bag, or a standard gpf toilet.
    Yup. Though the needle thing isn't really comparable IMO due to public health aspect.

A while back I was shopping for new shower head. Found one on home depot.com that sounded good. Higher flow rate and mixed in air to make volume feel even greater. Click to buy. "Can't ship to California". Which meant it must be really good. Didn't have to go to Eastern Europe like Kramer. Found the same one on Amazon which had no qualms about CA shipping. Thanks Bezos!

Oh, California. Where it's now easier to get needles (free from the govt at that) than it is to get a straw for your drink, a plastic bag, or a standard gpf toilet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    How dare people have to ASK! for a straw like some fucking communist. Fuck the turtles and the ocean. It’s just America’s toilet. MAGA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    How dare people have to ASK! for a straw like some fucking communist. Fuck the turtles and the ocean. It’s just America’s toilet. MAGA!!
    I personally appreciate drinks coming without a straw. I drink things like a NORMAL adult... not through a straw like a goddam 3yo.

Straws are nice when you're flat on your back in the hospital, otherwise I never use the straw when they give me one. Maybe people think they're more sanitary because they come wrapped while the cup is exposed to germs, but IMO and IME germs make you stronger (most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Yup. Though the needle thing isn't really comparable IMO due to public health aspect.

A while back I was shopping for new shower head. Found one on home depot.com that sounded good. Higher flow rate and mixed in air to make volume feel even greater. Click to buy. "Can't ship to California". Which meant it must be really good. Didn't have to go to Eastern Europe like Kramer. Found the same one on Amazon which had no qualms about CA shipping. Thanks Bezos!
    The needle “exchange” is a scam. If they made you give one to get one I would be all for it. Instead they hand them out like candy, leaving needles everywhere.

Damn junkies.
    . . .

PS, I’m okay with making someone ask for a straw or ask for water. No need for useless waste.

But they banned plastic bags, and now my trash is full of paper bags and I have to pick up dogshit with my bare hand!
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The needle “exchange” is a scam. If they made you give one to get one I would be all for it. Instead they hand them out like candy, leaving needles everywhere.

Damn junkies.
    People who don't understand what clearly isn't a scam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Fkn Popping Ears...
    Me and Cinders have had head colds/coughs.
    Mostly over it now, but going up to/back from ski hill (4800 - 8200) makes for some incredibly painful *pops* in my ears.
    Seems worse coming downhill.
    Hope it goes away, and it's not some kinda sinus infection.
    I remember as a little kid I had problems with earache.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

April Fool's Day. I'm all for a good prank, but every damn person, company, store, etc. has to come up with some stupid gag to "celebrate" this remarkable day.

-now: get off my lawn.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

But they banned plastic bags, and now my trash is full of paper bags and I have to pick up dogshit with my bare hand!
    You are not a smart man.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    People who don't understand what clearly isn't a scam.
    scam, misnomer. same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    At least they leave us a nice little note. Thanks GWB!
    Somewhere I saw someone point out that they confiscate all of our super dangerous drinks, conditioners, and shampoos they throw them into the trash right behind them with all the other super dangerous stuff. Fucking geniuses.

Security theatre that is all

You know what's really gross? These commercials on TV for food delivery services. What's that one that uses the Queen song "I want it all"? (God, I hate fucking Queen. Another annoyance) Some dude orders enough takeout food to feed a battalion, just, I guess, because. This is cool? They didn't use a fat fuck in the ad, which is weird, because it would be entirely appropriate, and they're using more and more fat people in ads because, well, everyone is so fat. Then there's the loser who orders fucking Taco Bell delivery, and smiles about it. You slob. You can't get up out of your stinky Lazy Boy and drive a few blocks to the Taco Bell window? You know, fresh air and all that. It's disgusting.

Just got back from a week in California - what is with the "this establishment causes cancer" - signs on absolutely everything?

So what am I supposed to do with that information? Not ride the bus, - the taxi, uber and lyft drive the same fucking highway as the bus does

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Just got back from a week in California - what is with the "this establishment causes cancer" - signs on absolutely everything?

So what am I supposed to do with that information? Not ride the bus, - the taxi, uber and lyft drive the same fucking highway as the bus does
    Blame California Prop 65. I'm sure it may have had good intentions at the beginning, but at this point it's downright comical with the signage they have to slap on EVERYTHING over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You know what's really gross? These commercials on TV for food delivery services. What's that one that uses the Queen song "I want it all"? (God, I hate fucking Queen. Another annoyance) Some dude orders enough takeout food to feed a battalion, just, I guess, because. This is cool? They didn't use a fat fuck in the ad, which is weird, because it would be entirely appropriate, and they're using more and more fat people in ads because, well, everyone is so fat. Then there's the loser who orders fucking Taco Bell delivery, and smiles about it. You slob. You can't get up out of your stinky Lazy Boy and drive a few blocks to the Taco Bell window? You know, fresh air and all that. It's disgusting.
    Benny you are gay. Freddy Mercury gives you man lust.

But I’m with you on the Uber eats shite.
    New hire, not making enough money, stupid girl Uber eats at least 3 times a day!
    Brown bag it biatch! Save some coin and some calories.
    . . .

Is she fat?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Haha. I do get it's intentions! And I really have no problem with the straw thing anyway. Personally I never want a straw, so yeah, a total waste and don't want that garbage in our oceans either. I just find it hilarious in an ironic sort of way. And furthermore, in a great example of unintended consequences, whereas they were simply trying to curb the spread of HIV, in these needle "exchange" locations where the addicts tend to congregate, NOW they're dealing with massive amounts of Hepatitis A floating around like never before. Ruh roh Raggy!

Is she fat?
    Chubby, on the way to obese disability.
    . . .

Given that most of the people who order Taco Bell delivered are stoned out of their heads I think Grubhub is a pretty good idea. Also when you're stoned out of your head on oxycodone. And do you mean to tell me you never had a pizza delivered? They were delivering pizza and chinese before I was born, and that was a long fucking time ago. If you're really against food delivery you should have spoken up a long time ago.

"chalk" & its various parts of speech referring to sports powers

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Given that most of the people who order Taco Bell delivered are stoned out of their heads I think Grubhub is a pretty good idea. Also when you're stoned out of your head on oxycodone. And do you mean to tell me you never had a pizza delivered? They were delivering pizza and chinese before I was born, and that was a long fucking time ago. If you're really against food delivery you should have spoken up a long time ago.
    I can honestly say that I haven't personally called and ordered a delivery pizza since college. And that was a long fucking time ago.

I cook. It's cheaper and healthier, and grown up.

Damn junkies.
    Paying the public health bill when someone turns up with AIDS, Hep-C and a lot of other diseases is _REALLY_ expensive. It's a damn sight cheaper to pay for clean needles. Even if the "save" rate is really low, you can pay for a LOT of needles for the 65K+ it will take to cure Hep-C [or worse the Liver transplant and maintenance.]

You may not love needle exchange programs, but they are a lot cheaper than the alternative. [Assuming you're not of the mind to simply let them die. But lets not go there, ok? That's an even more charged argument.]

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Paying the public health bill when someone turns up with AIDS, Hep-C and a lot of other diseases is _REALLY_ expensive. It's a damn sight cheaper to pay for clean needles. Even if the "save" rate is really low, you can pay for a LOT of needles for the 65K+ it will take to cure Hep-C [or worse the Liver transplant and maintenance.]

You may not love needle exchange programs, but they are a lot cheaper than the alternative. [Assuming you're not of the mind to simply let them die. But lets not go there, ok? That's an even more charged argument.]
    You're missing the point. I'm not arguing the merits of the needle exchange. I'm laughing at the fact that in some places it's almost easier to get a needle to shoot up your drug of choice (and in broad daylight if you're so inclined) than it is to do a good many normal things, ie get straws, buy a normal flow toilet, get a regular showerhead, or even Happy Meals (not kidding). Seriously, look up all the silly things SF has banned or attempted to. It's hilarious! They're working on vape products now too. But shoot up all ya want, bro!