Page 1143 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 ... LastLast
Results 28,551 to 28,575 of 46281
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    US Customs.
    I've been getting a monthly shipment from a company that does contract work for us in India for about 18 months now. There's a fair amount of paperwork to clear customs so they have an entire team dedicated to making sure everything is in place before the package goes out. Contents are on dry ice and time sensitive, if they get to room temperature they go bad. We had 17 shipments arrive in 48 hours with no issues. The 18th is held up by CBP for some mysterious reason. I've contacted Fedex and they're as confused as I am. The box is 3 days late, there's probably enough dry ice to last until Friday night but if not we're throwing $30k down the drain.
    Even worse, 5 years ago they held up a shipment of French cheese for 2 weeks and it wasn't salvageable when it finally arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Gotta keep them kidneys refrigerated, amIrite?

US Customs.
    I've been getting a monthly shipment from a company that does contract work for us in India for about 18 months now. There's a fair amount of paperwork to clear customs so they have an entire team dedicated to making sure everything is in place before the package goes out. Contents are on dry ice and time sensitive, if they get to room temperature they go bad. We had 17 shipments arrive in 48 hours with no issues. The 18th is held up by CBP for some mysterious reason. I've contacted Fedex and they're as confused as I am. The box is 3 days late, there's probably enough dry ice to last until Friday night but if not we're throwing $30k down the drain.
    Even worse, 5 years ago they held up a shipment of French cheese for 2 weeks and it wasn't salvageable when it finally arrived.
    man, the price of dead Indian hookers has really skyrocketed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hopefully they charge an arm and a leg in addition to being assholes?
    Well, I put in new fuel with some octane, and left it in the sun for an hour.
    Fired right the fuck up.
    That didn’t annoy me.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Gotta keep them kidneys refrigerated, amIrite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    man, the price of dead Indian hookers has really skyrocketed.
    I wish the kidneys were the only thing to go bad...
    Danno, we like to call them generous donors, hookers is so demeaning.

Just got off the phone with Fedex. Dude basically told me it's probably a trainee who fucked up and at this point all bets are off. This isn't gonna help my budget.

Is that type of thing insurable?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is that type of thing insurable?
    Hooker kidneys? Not really...

This stuff may be insurable but I'm sure we'd never see a $ from a delayed shipment since nobody will take responsibility for the delaying and eventually will blame CBP which will sure as fuck not give us a dime. In this case the package was supposedly missing a form which I know for a fact was included in the shipping docs. The India guys always send me a copy of whatever goes in the shipping pouch & an actual picture of the box + documents to cover their asses. The Fedex lady I just spoke with got all testy with me about the form not being there until I sent her said pics. How do you not find a form when there are only 4 pages of documents?
    DHL pulls the same shit all the time and they're the only other option to overnight weird stuff from across the world.

Edit: and just like that...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  26.2 KB

Isn't the shipper responsible to the addressee for delayed, lost, or stolen packages until the completed delivery is documented? By shipper I mean the person sending the package, not the carrier. Maybe that doesn't apply in cases like this, especially with the customs hold.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Isn't the shipper responsible to the addressee for delayed, lost, or stolen packages until the completed delivery is documented? By shipper I mean the person sending the package, not the carrier. Maybe that doesn't apply in cases like this, especially with the customs hold.
    I'm not 100% sure who is legally responsible. It would make sense that once you hand out a package to Fedex and pay them to deliver it they assume responsibility and if they lose it/delay it it's on them... but very few things follow the rules of common sense these days. Crisis averted in this case, until next month. Can't wait to see what new trick is pulled to delay my kidney, erm, undisclosed pricey object shipment.

Edit: and just like that...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  26.2 KB
    We have some muscle here son. What else do you need done?

@Boissal

Probably you don't want to get into the details - but anything going through customs is subject to completely arbitrary treatment, it seems nearly solely on whether someone got hung-over last night or not. And I'd guess that no-one will do anything serious about resolving it, if it goes south. "Hey man, it's customs!" [I mean terrorists and pedophiles, THINK OF THE CHILDREN! And, as Popehat says, "PONIES!"]

It just makes me say "Why?" when you're at the mercy of Customs and it's time sensitive. If it's $30K, I'd guess a lot more dry ice and a larger shipping container to help ensure you don't lose $30K. [I'm sure you've already thought about it, but my experience with government and border controls, even our own, is they are pretty (pretty? no, totally) capricious.]

[Edited to add...]
    It's kind of like that tree you nearly run into off a drop-in. Yeah, it's a PITA and it'd sure be nice if it'd move. But dammit, it's a TREE. Now replace TREE with US CUSTOMS.

With a shipment of that dollar value, would it be better to pay someone to hand carry it on a flight? I gather you still run the customs risk AND there might be issues with dry ice in a carry on. Or, you might not be able to fit a dead body in the overhead bin.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I thought there was a special route through customs for perishable items?

We already have the lab pack the stuff on 25 kilos of dry ice (that's to keep under 1 gram of material cold)... It's in a seriously insulated box, the polystyrene container is inside some sort of soft insulating pouch which is packed inside another box with 1" foam walls coated in reflective material. The package is usually about 16x20x24", I don't even want to know how much they're charging us to get that to the US. They typically ship at the end of their day on Monday (Monday AM for us) and we usually get the box by Thursday at 10:30, sometimes Wednesday. Half the dry ice is already gone by then and if for some reason the package doesn't clear customs in time and is delayed over the weekend the stuff shows up warm. It happened once and we couldn't trust any of the results we got, when things didn't work we couldn't be sure if it had to do with the material itself or the fact that it had heated up. Maybe I need to ask them to pack it in a Yeti cooler and fill it with liquid N2...

It's not really a novel issue, just the first time it affects me, and it's on a pretty small scale (still worth a rant IMO)... There are horror stories of companies losing $MM over temperature excursions during shipment of large amounts of materials (we're talking biologic here, I'm a chemist, my stuff is dirt cheap in comparison). There's usually no re-qualifying the stuff, if it gets too hot it gets quarantined then tossed, no second chance.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Too many many ginntonics combined with too much reeses leading to monster hangover that i shouldhvae knownnbetter. Login to use polyass to aid a bowelmovent and find the ever not mentalky deranged GGs threatened wooley with doxxing by police swat team. So I flushed an epic bean burrito GGS and came over here to let errybody know that I am annoyed.

#maga

#modsweneedanintervention

#bringbacktagsjerheartscock

/endpolyass
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

You can't put a mod on ignore. That's annoying.

It’s annoying that next year the 90s will be thirty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It’s annoying that next year the 90s will be thirty years ago.
    Fuck.

This annoys me - if they had just waited 3 more months and given the child to a couple who would have love it the mother and child would still be alive and the father would not be facing life in prison. All because of a pregnancy which is supposed to be a doG given beautiful thing but only if you're the right age and married. <roll eyes>

This country is one fuck-up place.

Indiana teen pleads guilty to killing cheerleader who was pregnant with his baby
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I was going to go skiing today but when I woke up my knee was locked up (can't straighten it due to extreme pain past a certain point.) That comes and goes. Usually lets go within a few minutes but can sometimes last hours or even a couple of days. 5 hours later it's still locked and I can barely hobble around. No skiing for me today. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. Fucking annoying.

Also, I really don't know what causes it. Sometimes if I stretch the leg right away it'll let go immediately, so I think it's muscular, some muscle pulling things out of place. But I don't know, so I can't control it. Also annoying.

Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    I was going to go skiing today but when I woke up my knee was locked up (can't straighten it due to extreme pain past a certain point.) That comes and goes. Usually lets go within a few minutes but can sometimes last hours or even a couple of days. 5 hours later it's still locked and I can barely hobble around. No skiing for me today. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. Fucking annoying.

Also, I really don't know what causes it. Sometimes if I stretch the leg right away it'll let go immediately, so I think it's muscular, some muscle pulling things out of place. But I don't know, so I can't control it. Also annoying.

Fuck.
    Heal up, man. BTW - that's old age.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    You can't put a mod on ignore. That's annoying.
    Which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

We already have the lab pack the stuff on 25 kilos of dry ice (that's to keep under 1 gram of material cold)... It's in a seriously insulated box, the polystyrene container is inside some sort of soft insulating pouch which is packed inside another box with 1" foam walls coated in reflective material. The package is usually about 16x20x24", I don't even want to know how much they're charging us to get that to the US. They typically ship at the end of their day on Monday (Monday AM for us) and we usually get the box by Thursday at 10:30, sometimes Wednesday. Half the dry ice is already gone by then and if for some reason the package doesn't clear customs in time and is delayed over the weekend the stuff shows up warm. It happened once and we couldn't trust any of the results we got, when things didn't work we couldn't be sure if it had to do with the material itself or the fact that it had heated up. Maybe I need to ask them to pack it in a Yeti cooler and fill it with liquid N2...

It's not really a novel issue, just the first time it affects me, and it's on a pretty small scale (still worth a rant IMO)... There are horror stories of companies losing $MM over temperature excursions during shipment of large amounts of materials (we're talking biologic here, I'm a chemist, my stuff is dirt cheap in comparison). There's usually no re-qualifying the stuff, if it gets too hot it gets quarantined then tossed, no second chance.
    Move your lab to India and drink G&T in the shade?

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    This annoys me - if they had just waited 3 more months and given the child to a couple who would have love it the mother and child would still be alive and the father would not be facing life in prison. All because of a pregnancy which is supposed to be a doG given beautiful thing but only if you're the right age and married. <roll eyes>

This country is one fuck-up place.

Indiana teen pleads guilty to killing cheerleader who was pregnant with his baby
    Not even gonna read that shit.