Page 1277 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 ... LastLast
Results 31,901 to 31,925 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanks! But of course, I may have had just a wee bit of influence on skiing being part of her chosen activity.

I have no ski racing background and didn't push her to racing at all (and in some ways would have preferred that she chose something else), but skiing was not an optional activity as she has been growing up.
    Just be prepared for when the rigors of racing start to become annoying as they are prone to do with young skiers, and the allure of the mogul/freestyle team with their casual attitudes and negotiable virtues takes her to the dark side of the ski hill.

At least, that's how it happened to me around that age.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Is that a euphemism for masturbating during a zoom meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yes.
    Yeah this was covered around page 4 of the Rat Flu thread when it was called something else and it was less of a giant meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Ha...sounds familiar

My 8 yr old daughter now says "yes ma'am" to everything I say now
    This is hilarious.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just be prepared for when the rigors of racing start to become annoying as they are prone to do with young skiers, and the allure of the mogul/freestyle team with their casual attitudes and negotiable virtues takes her to the dark side of the ski hill.
    ID Ones aren't cheap either, but you don't usually need 3 pairs of them so it'll seem like a bargain.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Did it wake you up? Mine only starts chirping around 3am. It would suck to have that wake you up mid zoom call.
    I don't know how people can go on with their day with the constant chirping.

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's been scientifically proven - the batteries will only start to die in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The cost of skiing is rather insignificant compared to luxury yachting. A 60' slip at Port Hurcule in Monaco can go for $US 3-4K a day. I personally preferred the Monaco Yacht Club but father always thought the harbormaster there was a bit of a buffoon.
    Ahoy polloi!

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Is that a euphemism for masturbating during a zoom meeting?
    Name:  4jhkzp.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  47.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just be glad she's not into yacht jumping.
    It is actually surprisingly financially accessible.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ID Ones aren't cheap either, but you don't usually need 3 pairs of them so it'll seem like a bargain.
    True (and I still can't figure out why those are so expensive). Thankfully my competitive mogul skiing was in those glorious times known as the 90's when just about every company offered a bump ski, and some like Hart offered several. I was unapologetically loyal to my Sollys though which did raise the cost of everything by a factor of 3.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Man, let me tell ya'll bout show jumping. I'm not the one forking the bill as it is my sister that rides but it is astronomically expensive. Board, vet fees, show fees, trainer fees, truck, trailer, hotels, diesel, and, oh yeah, those animals are expensive as fuck, too. It is driving my old man up the wall.
    Is sis over 18?
    If so, need some pics, or it will be annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit that annoys you

Secure email is annoying to me.... it’s not fucking email if I have to go to a website to read it. The exception is Zix’s managed TLS.... but everything else.....

I’d probably be less annoyed if they just stopped referring to it as email. It’s not email. Just say “we aren’t going to interact with you conveniently anymore and take responsibility for managing what we do and don’t allow to be included in email communication. Now you need to log into our shitty secure message board to read important messages from your account representative, like: “No update yet. We’re still hoping to have this fully resolved by the end of the day, though.””
    focus.

Yeah, that's annoying
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Neighbor doing super mega thorough gutter cleaning and leaf blowing.

Hey buddy, we both have 100 foot deciduous trees and only 5% of the leaves are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Microsoft Teams annoys me. What a pile of shit. And it's only getting worse as Microsoft's pointy-elbowed tactics further spread across the enterprise.
    Fucking hell, could they have done a worse job? We just started using it and I don't use it much but it failed as a work texting app and we're back to Zipwhip. Our boss called my partner on Teams. WTF just use the mother-fucking phone "app" that you have for years.

Yeah, fuck teams too.

We don’t use it internally, but we’re getting lots of conference calls being set up as teams calls from partners. We’ve taken to asking them to please use something else, and offering to set up a zoom call if they don’t have an alternative. I’m sure you guys are mostly talking about the full solution, but fuck is it terrible for video conferencing.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Yeah, fuck teams too.

We don’t use it internally, but we’re getting lots of conference calls being set up as teams calls from partners. We’ve taken to asking them to please use something else, and offering to set up a zoom call if they don’t have an alternative. I’m sure you guys are mostly talking about the full solution, but fuck is it terrible for video conferencing.
    Teams is actually way better as a video conf tool than as a full package, which is really saying something. As a co working platform it sucks way worse

I’ve never used Teams but we just recently shifted to Skype calling as the company was spending millions of dollars a quarter on conference bridge costs. I’m a big fan of Skype over the 800 conference bridge number. The voice quality is so much better with Skype over having everyone dialed in via cell phone.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

My wife teaches the child of the coupe who heads MS Teams. Funny how she found out. She was conferencing with them individually early in the year when the woman asked how my wife was getting along with Teams. She made a few vague comments not wanting to talk down on the schools chosen platform. The lady nonchalantly said well we helped create it are CFO (and I think CEO of the division) and if you have any issues what’s so ever we can help you.

Do you guys have a hang up / question or just overall dissatisfaction?

they introduced teams in our office not long before covid hit, but we never used it. Then covid hit, and suddenly it was very important. But still, I only use it as a video conferencing app, and it seems ok for that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m a Teams admin, could I help?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Teams is actually way better as a video conf tool than as a full package, which is really saying something. As a co working platform it sucks way worse
    QFT. It's amazing what they managed to screw up that worked just fine in a dozen other IM/VOIP apps. Skype, for one, before MS screwed that up.

Luke, if you really want to carry back some specifics: hardware recognition is awful, a headset that gets plugged in and removed (because otherwise sounds go to the headphones) stops being recognized by the second or third call of the day. The calendar lacks the functionality of Outlook and makes it much harder to guess the availability of co-workers. The workaround of starting a meeting invite locks you in so you can't do anything else until you've thrown away the meeting invite you started because you're not ready to send it out yet and until then you can't chat with or call a co-worker. And you have to throw it away because, unlike Outlook, there's no saving it. And the status messages are limiting and the auto-away is sticky: it leaves you on Away in many instances until you click into Teams specifically.

Teams sucks is shorthand for America has lost 10% of our productivity this year not to Coronavirus but to MS Teams.

Opening an excel file in teams, which is the default that I seem to be locked into, and is how people in my office always share files, is an exercise in insane stupidity n futility. It makes opening it in a web browser look highly functional.

And screen sharing! 3 teams windows and none of them get the attention of the viewer so you get to sit there discussing something that only one person is looking at. Fknteamz.

Just to change the topic from teams for a minute, it annoys me that I went to the weed store and bought a couple vape carts and when I got home I opened one of them and I can't use it. Incompatible with my ccell palm. Who knew Airopro was a vape manufacturer? Not me. I thought it was a brand of cart, like Rhythm or whatever. Now I can buy an airopro battery for $45 or chuck the cart which cost me $45 or I guess I could open it and try to transfer the liquid somehow. They have like 10 brands but one of them requires their own proprietary battery. Got it. Annoying.

No idea what teams does. We use WebEx for conference calls and screen sharing. Only middle and upper mgmt use the video feature. Many of us are on linux which doesn't support the video feature anyway. And almost all of us tape over the camera the moment we get a new laptop. I've been WFH for 12 years full time, 3years part time before that.

I think you need direct supervision man.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    I’m a Teams admin, could I help?
    If you can take it down from the inside I'm sure we could get some cash for you.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 10-24-2020 at 07:38 PM.