Page 1593 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 ... LastLast
Results 39,801 to 39,825 of 46278
    The whole point of 4wd is to be able to push the envelope in sketchy conditions. The sole reason they probably never fixed the rust issues on the Toyota Tercel 4x4 wagons was that they were hella fun in the sketch and had traction for days. Fast forward to my Highlander. The snow traction button only works below about 30 mph. What's the fucking point??? At 30 or less you shouldn't need it unless your are driving on smooth ice that better have fish under it.

Some friends stopped by last night while they were trick-or-treating with their 4 y.o. We invited them in and chatted for a bit. As they're about to leave our friend casually mentions that the kiddo had a fever yesterday but seems fine today. WTF? GTFO of my house, we could have talked on the f#$cking porch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Some friends stopped by last night while they were trick-or-treating with their 4 y.o. We invited them in and chatted for a bit. As they're about to leave our friend casually mentions that the kiddo had a fever yesterday but seems fine today. WTF? GTFO of my house, we could have talked on the f#$cking porch!
    Standing in a coworkers office this morning for 5 minutes when they casually mention to me that their weekend sucked because they can't shake the sore throat and fatigue that started Friday. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Standing in a coworkers office this morning for 5 minutes when they casually mention to me that their weekend sucked because they can't shake the sore throat and fatigue that started Friday. WTF?
    Ahahaahaha fucking classic. I got COVID from a work party over the summer and I had a coworker tell me (after an hour long face-to-face meeting with them) "I won't be at happy hour because I am feeling pretty ill". Uh, thanks for that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I rarely watch TV. Just saw a commercial for (I think) Kia where these 2 hipsters arrive in front of a restaurant and the parking spot in front of the door is too narrow for them to park and still get out of the car. So what do these douchebags do? They get out of the car and allow it to park itself so now there’s 3 cars where nobody can get in or out of their cars. I mean, WTF? Is that a desirable option on a car? Fucking everybody around you? Yeah, people suck…
    I agree. I've even mentioned this exact thing to my wife while the commercial was on.

The other thing that drives me nuts is how every commercial that shows the self-parallel parking option on a car the driver has to hold his hands up like the steering wheel is on fire. Yeah, we get it, the car is doing the parking for you...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I agree. I've even mentioned this exact thing to my wife while the commercial was on.

The other thing that drives me nuts is how every commercial that shows the self-parallel parking option on a car the driver has to hold his hands up like the steering wheel is on fire. Yeah, we get it, the car is doing the parking for you...
    I always took the Hands Up Here move as his way of saying ‘nope not masturbating while my car drives itself’

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I always took the Hands Up Here move as his way of saying ‘nope not masturbating while my car drives itself’
    Or sleeping. Can’t sleep with your hands in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    But it only takes one .........
    wait, how many hands do women need?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Ahahaahaha fucking classic. I got COVID from a work party over the summer and I had a coworker tell me (after an hour long face-to-face meeting with them) "I won't be at happy hour because I am feeling pretty ill". Uh, thanks for that.
    We are loosing 1-2 people per day right now. Coworker tested neg yesterday, but pos today.

Just waiting to be symptomatic.....

Headlights, what are they for?

It’s like a battle between the morons who don’t have them on and the morons rocking high beams and aftermarket fog lights on a full freeway to see who can be the most dangerous.

Rats 9 and 10 killed today. I made a pee barrier around my truck tonight. I then appealed to the gods to protect my truck from rat shit nuggets. I sleep well knowing I marked my territory, I'm sure it is going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Rats 9 and 10 killed today. I made a pee barrier around my truck tonight. I then appealed to the gods to protect my truck from rat shit nuggets. I sleep well knowing I marked my territory, I'm sure it is going to work.
    Following your saga. Very entertained. As someone who has wrapped his vehicle in chicken wire amongst other methods, I'm looking forward to the escalation that will happen to eradicate these varmin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    The show Extreme Couponing put an end to that when the mfrs and stores found out our little tricks. I think about the times i would have a full shopping cart of stuff for $18 and now I get nothing and it's $120. WTF.
    I'm fine if they're cut off. Got caught at the grocery store behind an extreme couponer a couple times. Didn't really process that the six loaded shopping carts were all for one guy. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, there was only one till open. After taking forever to scan all the items, dude pulls out a stack of coupons about six inches thick and clerk has to scan them all while dude watches with this smug look on his face. Then proceeds to argue over expired coupons and how certain ones should be applied. I think his bill for the entire haul was about $15.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Headlights, what are they for?

It’s like a battle between the morons who don’t have them on and the morons rocking high beams and aftermarket fog lights on a full freeway to see who can be the most dangerous.
    The number of people driving around at night without lights is terrifying. I seem to be the only one left who flashes their lights at them. At best, 1/10 get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I probably would if I saw one. Like I said, I almost never watch TV with commercials

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Did you see the post about how nose picking in rats causes infection to go up the olfactory nerve to the brain where it cause Alzheimer's. So if you can teach those rats to pick their noses they'll forget where your truck is. Problem solved.
    https://www.prevention.com/health/a4...heimers-study/ in case you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The number of people driving around at night without lights is terrifying. I seem to be the only one left who flashes their lights at them. At best, 1/10 get the message.
    Man, I've almost stopped flashing at people who are blinding me with high beams. I'd say that 50% of the time that I've done that to a truck, they aggressively/long flash me back with some center of the sun aftermarket light setup that blinds the fuck out of me.

I don’t even bother flashing anymore for high beams or lights off. These people are clueless.

Occasionally I will just turn my high beams on (not flash, just on) for someone with obnoxious aftermarket headlights.

Man, I've almost stopped flashing at people who are blinding me with high beams. I'd say that 50% of the time that I've done that to a truck, they aggressively/long flash me back with some center of the sun aftermarket light setup that blinds the fuck out of me.
    Reminds me of these classics:

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    I don’t even bother flashing anymore for high beams or lights off. These people are clueless.

Occasionally I will just turn my high beams on (not flash, just on) for someone with obnoxious aftermarket headlights.
    Ms Boissal's new car has a sensor that detects oncoming cars and turns the high beams off. It works surprisingly well. I'm sad to say that I think it's the only solution to the issue, it looks like the majority of people have completely stopped giving a fuck and drive with the high beams on whenever they need any light. Fuck everyone else, they're in their world.

I still flash people who drive with lights off (a shockingly frequent occurrence in SLC) and maybe 5% of them get the message. I also notice that nobody else flashes them. I actually had a guy get out of his car at al light all confrontational after I flashed him a bunch of times while following. I rolled down the window and told him he was rolling dark, took him a couple seconds to understand and he sheepishly thanked me and got back in the car. Glad he was slow moving, could have gotten punched in the teeth before I managed to tell him I was trying to help.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I think part of it is the lights and part of it is aging eyes. I remember when I was young I couldn't understand why my dad was always bitching about glare and headlights and now I'm right there with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Ms Boissal's new car has a sensor that detects oncoming cars and turns the high beams off. It works surprisingly well. I'm sad to say that I think it's the only solution to the issue, it looks like the majority of people have completely stopped giving a fuck and drive with the high beams on whenever they need any light. Fuck everyone else, they're in their world.

I still flash people who drive with lights off (a shockingly frequent occurrence in SLC) and maybe 5% of them get the message. I also notice that nobody else flashes them. I actually had a guy get out of his car at al light all confrontational after I flashed him a bunch of times while following. I rolled down the window and told him he was rolling dark, took him a couple seconds to understand and he sheepishly thanked me and got back in the car. Glad he was slow moving, could have gotten punched in the teeth before I managed to tell him I was trying to help.
    I’m convinced that defensive driving hasn’t been more relevant in my life than it has in the last 6 months.

You want your headlights off? Ok, I’m just going to stay away from you because you aren’t paying attention or are inebriated.

Want to weave through traffic so you can get ahead 2 cars? Please, allow me to get out of the way.

Want to tailgate me because you think everyone should get out of your way in 25 mph bumper to bumper traffic? Yes, let me get over because you are clearly the most important of the thousand of us on this mile of highway.

I think part of it is the lights and part of it is aging eyes. I remember when I was young I couldn't understand why my dad was always bitching about glare and headlights and now I'm right there with him.
    My eyes have gotten worse, but people didn’t have 6 extra lights strapped to the front of their car pointed incorrectly and on while driving around in an urban area 15 years ago.

I wouldn’t even give a shit if this was occurring out on some rural road where it made sense. These are people driving around in urban, 35 mph zones with overhead lighting on a clear night/morning and shit loads of other cars.

This, oh so much this, Dog help us geezers if it's raining at night.
    I got a custom pair of clear glasses with a light mirroring on them specifically for night driving, and it does help.

Reminds of the the blublockers ads from the 80’s

Yeah, here it's either they've lifted their truck or put aftermarket bulb/reflectors or both, so that is their low beams.

Same. My eyes have alway been sensitive to light, and now with the onset of age related night vision loss, the aftermarket billion candlepower lights are extra annoying.