Page 1136 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 ... LastLast
Results 28,376 to 28,400 of 46183
    All the extra water that is injected into chicken. All for the money. I shouldn’t have to drain my cut up chicken breast after cooking it. Fuck You!

Save the juice for the next time you're sick. It's full of antibiotics and hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Left, came back, CPC replaced the sign I took down. Playing election sign whack-a-mole here.
    Deface it in a creative manner.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I knew a guy that had a DIP sign right next to his house. He had made up a stencil with the same font that said SHIT, he'd go out at night and spray it and it would say DIP SHIT for several weeks or months before they'd change or clean the sign. As soon as they did, he'd respray it. This went on for years until he made another stencil to make the sign say ONION DIP.

another sign from my town that was constantly changed was this one, it eventually stayed this way.

Name:  Ed's Ass Works.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  22.6 KB

Ridiculous password requirements. Just got an email at work that I've got a password expiring so I need to change it. The new password must be at least 32 characters long including a special character, a number, and both upper and lowercase letters. How the hell are you supposed to come up with a password with those requirements that you can actually remember without writing it down?

I'll bet there are a lot of passwords out there that are something along the lines of: HowTheFuckAmISupposedtoCreateAPasswordThisLong?123 4

You are not supposed to remember it. You are supposed to use a password manager.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Get one of those Calvin pissing signs and mount above the offending party sign. I have prime corner real-estate and we've had a couple party reps try and place signs here. I just release the hound out of the yard and they don't stick around long.
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I found the PPC sign guy down the street and VERY POLITELY AND NOT RAGEY AT ALL had him take it down from the (brand new) fence. The CPC sign got ripped down by me. Then again a few hours later when the put a second one up.

32? That's absurd.

We had to go from 8-12. So I now have the old password with 1234 at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You are not supposed to remember it. You are supposed to use a password manager.
    Not true. We don't have a password manager available from our software download site.

Wouldn't a password manager sort of defeat the purpose of having very strong passwords? If someone can get into the manager then they've got your passwords. Sort of a chain is only as strong as its weakest link thing...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Not true. We don't have a password manager available from our software download site.

Wouldn't a password manager sort of defeat the purpose of having very strong passwords? If someone can get into the manager then they've got your passwords. Sort of a chain is only as strong as its weakest link thing...
    They need to "bless" a password manager for you to use.

As to your second question - your password manager needs to be protected by a good, strong password *and* two-factor authentication. And yes, theoretically, if someone gets into your password manager, that would be bad.

That said, it's still a WAY better idea than having the same shitty password for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They need to "bless" a password manager for you to use.

As to your second question - your password manager needs to be protected by a good, strong password *and* two-factor authentication. And yes, theoretically, if someone gets into your password manager, that would be bad.

That said, it's still a WAY better idea than having the same shitty password for everything.
    This. I don’t know any of my passwords except my master pass, and that’s protected by 2FA. Broadly deploying it to all staff is a PITA cuz everybody bitches.

Plus, use a pass phrase if you can’t use a password manager. The one you typed is just fine. But don’t use that one cuz now it’s out there. And use spaces. Easier to type. “Lose 5 pounds before ski season!” Meets all your requirements and is easier to type than F6)?aagP!.
    focus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passwordstrength.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	298727

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    <snip> “Lose 5 pounds before ski season!” Meets all your requirements and is easier to type than F6)?aagP!.
    But don't use this one, now... 'cause it's out there.

I took my utility trailer up high on muddy roads this weekend cutting firewood. I just took the mud caked vehicle and trailer to the car wash and am splattered head to toe with mud globs. Mud annoys me

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Save the juice for the next time you're sick. It's full of antibiotics and hormones.
    Take rectally?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Ridiculous password requirements. Just got an email at work that I've got a password expiring so I need to change it. The new password must be at least 32 characters long including a special character, a number, and both upper and lowercase letters. How the hell are you supposed to come up with a password with those requirements that you can actually remember without writing it down?
    What's worse is when they don't tell you up front what the requirements are, so you get to discover them one by one.
    Attempt 1: Cannot be the same as your last 4 passwords
    Attempt 2: Must be at least 50% different from your last password
    Attempt 3: Must have at least 10 characters.
    Attempt 4: Password cannot have more than 12 characters
    Attempt 5: Must have one lower case, one upper case, one number and one special character.
    Attempt 6: Cannot contain recognizable words
    Attempt 7: Cannot repeat the same character

More annoying still - that regular password expirations are WORSE for security, not better.
    "This dead-bolted door isn't secure enough. Lets put three dead-bolts on it!" (The users then hang all three keys on a nail next to the door.)

See:
    https://www.sans.org/security-awaren...expiration-die
    Last edited by gregorys; 10-21-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Take rectally?
    if that's your thing

And karma bites me. Password expiry on one of my financial accounts. Now on attempt 4 creating new pwd.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    And karma bites me. Password expiry on one of my financial accounts. Now on attempt 4 creating new pwd.
    LastPass...

Shit that annoys you

The gas station is a zoo from 7:15 to 8:30, but they have good coffee so I stop on my way to work.

This is the same time that all the supply trucks hit it, too. Wtf?
    Last edited by Mustonen; 10-22-2019 at 05:43 AM.
    focus.

I was in jury duty all day. 9 people were dismissed for cause because they blatantly and unapologetically said that even if all elements of the crime were proven beyond a reasonable doubt, they would refuse to apply the law. These were all females, and the case was against a male BTW.

6 people were excused because they knew someone who was a victim of sexual assault, and that connection (all just acquaintances) made them unable to apply the law.

They would just "go with their heart, and not the law."

Are you fucking kidding me? This is after those people swore that they would uphold the law.

I've been there trying to field a jury, but I've never seen it this bad. There are so many priceless quotes over the 6 hours that I heard voir dire. I encourage everyone to sit in on a jury selection. It's like a Jerry Springer show.

#mindblown
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 10-23-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Anyone who gets dismissed from jury duty for reasons like those should immediately be sent over to the city to do a day of community service, like highway trash pickup or similar work. Bet a lot of the blatant excuses would end.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Anyone who gets dismissed from jury duty for reasons like those should immediately be sent over to the city to do a day of community service, like highway trash pickup or similar work. Bet a lot of the blatant excuses would end.
    I think they would gladly do it. Nothing against them and their * beliefs, but don't be a hypocrite. Don't say that you are going to hold up, and then be a let down. I have no dog in this fight, but jebus, the hypocrisy was too much to handle. Each person had to be called into chambers to tell their friend's story because they didn't want to tell it in front of the other prospective jurors. Took hours. Hours.

I went to lunch and used a straw. Murder me too. This wishy washy culture is too much to bear. I can only imagine trying to schedule something with any of them.

Hold on, just got a text. Honestly, this happened, the D.A. had to put on the record that he consented to a juror calling her husband about feeding the dog. This is justice?

Well, it didn't fit in with my ...

'Merca

*Yes. This is for a reason. I believe it is one of your only civic duties as a citizen of this nation to vote and serve on a jury, otherwise, who runs this place?

You know what they say, you're judged by 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.
    Personally I've been on a few panels. I got kicked off a drunk driving case when they asked me if I had ever seen the broken bleeding bodies of accident victims in the ER. I answered honestly yes.
    Another case I was asked if I knew any of the witnesses, which I did.
    Another case was a 6 week trial and I was the only doc in my specialty at my hospital.
    The one I regret getting kicked off of was a third strike case of a guy for possession of drugs in prison. We were supposed to pretend we didn't know it was a third strike. I answered honestly that drugs should be legal (I'm not sure I believe that now but I did then.) I wish I had stuck around and voted not guilty--if I were a prisoner I'd do all the drugs I could and giving a guy life for simple possession is bullshit.
    Sitting on those panels was quite an experience hearing the stories people had to tell the judge.
    I'm not sure I could get on a jury if I tried.