Page 861 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 ... LastLast
Results 21,501 to 21,525 of 46281
    Just turn off your ringtone, and never answer your phone. If it’s important, they’ll leave a message, and you can call back when it’s convenient. Back in the pre-answering-machine days, my dad used to say, “The phone is a convenience, not an obligation.” He would let it ring and ring, giving no shits.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Looks like we’re gonna have to kill another one. She was broody anyway...

Attachment 242389
    Well that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    She is killing me. I stand my ground, she doesn't and gets worked by the 4 year old. We need to be on same page....arrgghhhh
    Sounds like you need to put her in her place, in front of the kid. 2 birds with one stone, or whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    An older sounding man called me yesterday saying that he had missed a call from my number 20 minutes earlier. I hadn't called anyone. Spammers ghosting my number to place calls and then I have to talk to a confused old man to tell him that I'm not the spammer that called him is annoying.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using TGR Forums mobile app
    Had this happen to a buddy last week. He talked to the old guy enough to find out he was a Vietnam War Vet and seemed interesting. So he invited him to meet for a lunch out. His treat and the guy accepted. I'll have to follow up how it went.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    biking in to work only to realize I'd forgotten a shower towel
    That would be Shit that annoys your coworkers, you stanky bastard.

{{[[[{{{{javascript}}}})})})})}{}

(){
    fuck;
    this;
    shit}

{barely restraining myself from throwing computer out the window}
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Sounds like you need to put her in her place, in front of the kid. 2 birds with one stone, or whatever....
    It's a bit more complex than that of course but I completely see where you are coming from, ha. Really I just need to talk to her without the kids, like anyone would in any sensible relationship and work it out. But this thread is about venting! Not solutions.

Now we have three chickens, goddammit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9769.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	242416

Coq au vin
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    That would be Shit that annoys your coworkers, you stanky bastard.
    Haha It's been hot and humid so I was sweating like crazy, no way was I not having a shower. I still had yesterdays change of clothes in my locker so I put those on which pretty much dried me off then I put on new change of clothes. Actually worked pretty well. Was still annoying though.

Shit that annoys you

On that note, when I hold my ground on something that turns to be stupid with my kid, my wife will interrupt and say IN FRONT OF THE KID, "I think it's fine she does this, why are you making this a big deal?." I usually turn bright red and try to maintain my composure.

She is killing me. I stand my ground, she doesn't and gets worked by the 4 year old. We need to be on same page....arrgghhhh
    Sounds familiar

I'm still trying to get the wife to understand that when you threaten to take something away from the kids it has to be reasonably achievable.

She always threatens them with the worst possible thing then won't actually do it because it's too much.

Ex. She'll threaten to cancel the trip to Disney because they won't get in the shower.

I keep it simple. Don't listed to me...consequence isn't severe but you can bet your life on me following thru 100% of the time because I set it up to be easy for me to follow thru on.

Ex...if you don't get in the shower right this second you can't have electronics tonight. They get right in the shower...easy

I love her but she's not exactly sharp when it comes to solving problems, like how to deal with asshole kids
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Just turn off your ringtone, and never answer your phone. If it’s important, they’ll leave a message, and you can call back when it’s convenient. Back in the pre-answering-machine days, my dad used to say, “The phone is a convenience, not an obligation.” He would let it ring and ring, giving no shits.
    That's how games of phone tag happen

People. The person who decided they wanted to be in the left turn lane at the last moment. It would have been fine if i wasn't towing a camper. I did manage to stop in time, thankfully, despite needing a little extra distance than normal. I did crawl right up on their bumper and flick my brights a few times. However, this all left the trailer hanging out in the 'box'. It's a stupid intersection where the 'cross' street has a jog in it creating a three car distance between two sets of lights. It ended well, it was just annoying. And bewildering. People. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    People. The person who decided they wanted to be in the left turn lane at the last moment. It would have been fine if i wasn't towing a camper. I did manage to stop in time, thankfully, despite needing a little extra distance than normal. I did crawl right up on their bumper and flick my brights a few times. However, this all left the trailer hanging out in the 'box'. It's a stupid intersection where the 'cross' street has a jog in it creating a three car distance between two sets of lights. It ended well, it was just annoying. And bewildering. People. Fuck.

On that note, when I hold my ground on something that turns to be stupid with my kid, my wife will interrupt and say IN FRONT OF THE KID, "I think it's fine she does this, why are you making this a big deal?." I usually turn bright red and try to maintain my composure.

I feel your pain. Or, she'll take stand on something, kids pushes back, and she folds. It doesn't seem to register that the only reason he pushed back in the first place was because he knew there was a good chance she'd capitulate.

Rhomboid Strain. Fork me. Cannot sleep comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I feel your pain. Or, she'll take stand on something, kids pushes back, and she folds. It doesn't seem to register that the only reason he pushed back in the first place was because he knew there was a good chance she'd capitulate.
    We always got "ask your father" which was answer enough because we knew what he'd say to what we were asking. My parents were a united front.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Rhomboid Strain. Fork me. Cannot sleep comfortably.
    That some sort of WA grown special found at the place on 12th and Main?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    That some sort of WA grown special found at the place on 12th and Main?
    LOL! Guess it does sound like that! Can you believe a 3rd shop just opened up in our little town? And they said we wouldn't be able to support 1 store let alone 3. Bunch of pot head farmers!

Goddamn it.

Name:	IMG_9770.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	242458

Goddamn it.

Name:	IMG_9770.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	252.8 KB 
ID:	242458
    what you've got there are a bunch of pro-choice chickens or maybe they're concerned about your cholesterol levels.

:-) Little dinosaurs are upset that the mammals are in charge.

On a positive note, the chickens have a huge fenced area that I could easily convert to another orchard. They’re on notice.

Need a cock in that henhouse. Right now those hens know they have nothing invested in this business!

We had a rooster, but he was so fucking loud we got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    LOL! Guess it does sound like that! Can you believe a 3rd shop just opened up in our little town? And they said we wouldn't be able to support 1 store let alone 3. Bunch of pot head farmers!
    A third shop?? My buddy that grew up there said the one in the old Napa Auto Parts has moved down the road. I like the guys and gals in the one on 12th and Main.

It is an economic basic principle, none of those devil's lettuce supplying shops in the Tri-Cities so all those nuclear engineers have to come to you, supply and demand.