Page 1445 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 ... LastLast
Results 36,101 to 36,125 of 46050
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Really was hoping to pst in the Wagon Stoke thread, but here we are:

I ordered a brand spanking new Subaru Outback Wilderness edition back in first week of August. At the time, dealership says “8-12 week” build out and delivery. Come end of October, I start getting the “ we are sorry, please be patient, blah blah blah”. I wasn’t to stressed about it, until today. Sales rep calls, “your car is here but unfortunately suffered some ‘light’ damage in transport”…..Um, what. “Ya we need you to come look at it tomorrow and let us know what you want to do”……What the fuck, I’m paying a lot of $for a brand new car, I’d like a brand new car. He goes on to say that then we’ll have to order you a whole new one. What’s the build out time, I ask? “ 8-10 weeks” says he, without missing a beat. I am annoyed. Seriously. What says the Collective? Fuck.
    Just wait….don’t take the banged up “new” car.

I ordered a brand spanking new Subaru Outback Wilderness edition back in first week of August. At the time, dealership says “8-12 week” build out and delivery. Come end of October, I start getting the “ we are sorry, please be patient, blah blah blah”. I wasn’t to stressed about it, until today. Sales rep calls, “your car is here but unfortunately suffered some ‘light’ damage in transport”…..Um, what. “Ya we need you to come look at it tomorrow and let us know what you want to do”……What the fuck, I’m paying a lot of $for a brand new car, I’d like a brand new car. He goes on to say that then we’ll have to order you a whole new one. What’s the build out time, I ask? “ 8-10 weeks” says he, without missing a beat. I am annoyed. Seriously. What says the Collective? Fuck.
    Curious to see what the damage is. I ordered one maybe three weeks ago. Was originally told March, but then they updated the schedule and was told possibly February as long as the plant doesn’t get shut down again with a COVID outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've been hammering it into my parents for years never to give out credit card or banking details to anyone over the phone, or really any information to anyone who calls. They've got the message which is good because they're constantly getting calls from "Microsoft" billing, "police" telling them there is a warrant out for their arrest if they don't pay an outstanding tax bill, etc.

I'm more concerned with them clicking something they shouldn't online. So many ways hackers can get you, and they're becoming less computer savvy by the day. Constant system updates that unnecessarily move things don't help so they can't find things don't help

Get them a https://www.grandpad.net]
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Best way to combat that is to participate in the apple ecosystem. Which I recognize is fucked up.

I bought a pack of airtags for my keys and wallet, and gave my girlfriend one for her keys (not that she ever loses them). Any time I borrow her car I get all kinds of alerts that somebody might be tracking me.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Best way to combat that is to participate in the apple ecosystem. Which I recognize is fucked up.

I bought a pack of airtags for my keys and wallet, and gave my girlfriend one for her keys (not that she ever loses them). Any time I borrow her car I get all kinds of alerts that somebody might be tracking me.
    my post from up thread:

Apple makes it easy for stalkers:

Bottom-feeder in Arkansas put an Apple AirTag on a woman's car
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

I heart KQ! Posting from the daily Kos! You rock it to 11!

I got an ad in my feed for direct flights on United from Newark to Steamboat starting at $149. I am salivating as i get ready to plan a long weekend there and visit the United site. Cheapest ticket i see is $949. WTF.

And yeah, I know i could have stopped at United

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I heart KQ! Posting from the daily Kos! You rock it to 11!
    LOL! Yeah well......in an October 2018 Simmons Research survey of 38 news organizations, the Daily Kos was ranked the fifth least trusted news organization by Americans

I did vet the story through Google and found other mainstream news carriers covering it.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I got an ad in my feed for direct flights on United from Newark to Steamboat starting at $149. I am salivating as i get ready to plan a long weekend there and visit the United site. Cheapest ticket i see is $949. WTF.

They're doin' you a favor... Steamboat gonna get SHIT for snow this year.

I've been hammering it into my parents for years never to give out credit card or banking details to anyone over the phone, or really any information to anyone who calls.
    Right there is the root cause: for some reason old people feel compelled to actually answer the phone. I think for most of us under 70 our gut instinct is to not answer unless it's a number we recognize.

First new car I bought on my own, the salesman asked if I wanted “factory” air conditioning. Sounded good to me. Found out later it was after market air conditioning made by the “Factory Air Conditioning Company” located in Florida.

When they installed it, one of the clamps was positioned wrong so that it caused a dent when they closed the hood. Being a dumb kid at the time, I let them fix it rather than insisting on a brand new hood. A few years later the paint job looked like shit where the repair was made. Always kicked myself in the ass over that. Learned a lesson, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Right there is the root cause: for some reason old people feel compelled to actually answer the phone. I think for most of us under 70 our gut instinct is to not answer unless it's a number we recognize.
    Yup.

I am in sales, my work phone rings, I answer it.

LOL! Yeah well......in an October 2018 Simmons Research survey of 38 news organizations, the Daily Kos was ranked the fifth least trusted news organization by Americans

I did vet the story through Google and found other mainstream news carriers covering it.
    I don't read it for the news. It's entertainment. And the regular posters all link a news article or five.

Most people over 70 are lonely and bored, so they take the hook, hoping it's someone they know or just because they want to talk to someone or are curious. It's not like they have anything better to do.

Most people over 70 are lonely and bored, so they take the hook, hoping it's someone they know or just because they want to talk to someone or are curious. It's not like they have anything better to do.
    Recommendation: get a non-scamming smallish dog to keep busy; have tech-savvy great grand child program phone to send ALL in coming calls to VM, bypassing any ring tone. Yeah, they'll get confused with VM and miss a few important calls, but still come out ahead.

the little dog is all good until the kids who don't want it have to inherit it.. Best to get an older one.

Puppies are too much work anyways

I think I've told this one here, but perhaps not.

My mom is rather particular about her image. She never wanted to be called "Grandma" by her grandkids. (Or worse, gran-ma)
    She's "Grandmother."
    She's not an ass about it or anything, but the grandkids all know that, if you want to make her happy, calling her "Grandma" isn't the ticket.

So, she gets one of those scam calls.
    I'm in Mexico and in jail, I need to get bailed out, send money via western union etc....
    And worse, she thinks the caller sounds just like one of her grandkids!

But right off the bat, the guy calls her grandma.

My mom says "Grandma eh?"
    "Yes" says he, "Grandma, I need help!"

"Grandma?" My mom says it a little louder, and with more distain.
    "Please Grandma" he says.

CLICK.

Was the funniest thing all week.

Yup.
    My sister and I have these same concerns with our dad, who turns 80 this year. Our mom seems to be a bit more savvy and wary when it comes to the internet. Dad almost fell for one of the scams when they called and pretended that my nephew was in trouble and he needed to send money ASAP.

People driving 15mph under the limit on surface streets.

There is probably a $149 ticket on a Wednesday in June

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    There is probably a $149 ticket on a Wednesday in June
    For a red eye.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No cell phones, no call display on the landline either. So yeah they answer the phone every time it rings. As long as they're good about not giving out personal info I'm fine with that.

I could set something like auto to voicemail for them but they'd hate it. Eventually they'd unintentionally hit a random button on the phone that would screw the system up or they'd have trouble accessing messages. My parent's house is where technology goes to die.

No cell phones, no call display on the landline either. My parent's house is where technology goes to die.

Name:  MV5BNjQxODA2OTUwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjkwMDY2MjE@._V1_.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  33.5 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^ user avatar checks out