Page 1162 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 ... LastLast
Results 29,026 to 29,050 of 46050
    Boost Mobile, LOL. True that I do see a lot of ricer vehicles at these little cellphone outlets.

In my neighborhood most of the people hire a plow service. One of the plow services takes snow from people's driveways and parking pads and dumps it on other people's lots, creating massive piles of snow, often full of rocks that have washed down the hill during rainstorms. The piles continue to run off long after the other snow is gone, well into spring, and the rocks have to be moved. Last year we put up a bunch of closely spaced snow poles and a temporary fence which kept most of other people's snow off our lot. This year about 6 of our neighbors with the same problem put up poles like we did. It's a sight to behold.

I don't understand architects and builders who put up houses with no thought of where the snow is supposed to go or town plan checkers and inspectors who let them do it. Keep your own fucking snow on your own fucking property, period.

Top 5% of the First world problem?

Shit that REALLY annoys me? Communication technology today. Just trying to use computers and phones suck up 30% of the time I want to use them. And then they shout at me to buy something ALL............THE..................TIME.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    My wife’s old VW had a hook you would screw into a hole in the front bumper. Pretty smart actually
    if you leave the hook ^^ screwed into the frame it will rust permanently into the hole

With a fresh set of studded haks I could plow thru a foot of new pow in my golf

maybe the problem is cheap fuckers who don't buy snow tires ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Top 5% of the First world problem?

Shit that REALLY annoys me? Communication technology today. Just trying to use computers and phones suck up 30% of the time I want to use them. And then they shout at me to buy something ALL............THE..................TIME.
    And you think snow dumping is a first world problem. Hah.

I went to my girlfriend’s house and shoveled her out. I was running an errand, so didn’t stop in. I talked to her on the phone a little bit later and she said her neighbors must have shoveled her out, and aren’t they so much nicer than mine?! (Her neighbors do help.) Amused me more than annoyed me.

I’m famous for this, though. She went to a city a few hours away a couple months ago for two weeks for work. I had a friend in town.... had him go get her a big bouquet of flowers, then talked to the hotel and they agreed to get them up to her room before she arrived. She calls me when she gets to her room, and remarks that this hotel is really nice! They even delivered a big fresh bouquet of flowers to her room!

Sigh....
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    if you leave the hook ^^ screwed into the frame it will rust permanently into the hole

With a fresh set of studded haks I could plow thru a foot of new pow in my golf

maybe the problem is cheap fuckers who don't buy snow tires ?
    Ex wife gave a lecture about how her boyfriend told her she doesn’t need snow tires for her new Subaru Outback, and he would know because he is a used car salesman. She got stuck yesterday. Shit. Everybody got stuck yesterday.... but the AWD + snow tires + having some idea how to drive in snow has been a winning combo. I just have a hard time seeing through the cloud of smug.

Again, belongs in the shit that amuses you thread, but context....
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I went to my girlfriend’s house and shoveled her out. I was running an errand, so didn’t stop in. I talked to her on the phone a little bit later and she said her neighbors must have shoveled her out, and aren’t they so much nicer than mine?! (Her neighbors do help.) Amused me more than annoyed me.

I’m famous for this, though. She went to a city a few hours away a couple months ago for two weeks for work. I had a friend in town.... had him go get her a big bouquet of flowers, then talked to the hotel and they agreed to get them up to her room before she arrived. She calls me when she gets to her room, and remarks that this hotel is really nice! They even delivered a big fresh bouquet of flowers to her room!

Sigh....
    So what you're saying is she's hot.

Because I'm used car salesman is not a prefix or suffix to anything of value.

IME you want a GF who has her own snowblower

MY ex GF wanted Haks for her car, I told her they were more expensive than the car was worth sothere were cheaper alternatives

she asked what tires I have ... Haks of course

she said I want the best too
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I was getter mine towed enough at one point that I thought about just leaving the cap off all the time. But then a tow driver solved my problem by losing it for me. Buying another piece of 5’’x5’’ plastic was something like 50 bucks and they came unpainted. So I have a constant bug catcher on the front now. Which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Value add?

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Bmills, I think it’s pretty well established that those street racer types like to pretend they ‘track their car all the time bro’. So tow hooks, visible fire extinguishers etc are part of the cosplay as they commute to their jobs at Boost Mobile or wherever.
    Golf clap sir.

Merriest of Thanksgivings to you both.
    I still call it The Jake.

Sigh....
    Cards? Leave one/include one. I'm terrible about this, but at some point getting credit just helps keep people connected to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Yeah, you should move.
    In the summer. When the next buyer has difficulty imagining the winter shit show.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    In the summer. When the next buyer has difficulty imagining the winter shit show.
    This. And if any buyer brings it up, day the neighbor teenagers enthusiastically shovel both halves at even the slightest amount of snow and always have it shoveled clean whenever you have had to go somewhere. That ensure a nice tense relationship with the neighbors and the new buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Cards? Leave one/include one. I'm terrible about this, but at some point getting credit just helps keep people connected to reality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44C1ED18-5810-41AB-8978-6779550DDBB3.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	329.6 KB 
ID:	304150

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    So what you're saying is she's hot.
    Funny.

To some degree, she’s used to people being nice to her. So from that angle, I guess.... she isn’t really surprised by it. But the fault is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Because I'm used car salesman is not a prefix or suffix to anything of value.
    It’s such low hanging fruit I avoid going there.... according to her dude pulls in like $200k/year, though, so all the power to him.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 11-29-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    focus.

My son and his fiance clogging their kitchen sink on Thanksgiving. I came over in the middle of making an apple pie. I couldn't get a hand-held snake to the clog. There was a cleanout just below the outlet pipe but the knockout plug was still in it. I thought about opening it up but had visions of knocking it down the drain pipe so I decided to let a pro deal with it. Hope they didn't get charged too much.

Also the apples in the pie never softened, even though I baked the piss out of it. wonder if the oven temp is off--new stove, maybe I'd better check. I used Pink Lady's which have worked well in the past.

Pink Ladys are my favorite apples, but I never had them in a pie.

Shit that annoys you

My kids sneak around and steal my candy. I’ll get a hankering for a take 5, grab the bag off the top of the fridge.... and it’s empty. To add insult to injury, they don’t throw away the wrappers even. They just leave them there. Taunting me. I eat candy rarely, so they don’t even remember when they stole my shit. Could have been weeks ago. Makes a mockery of my judicial system.

Jerks.
    focus.

You can't punish dogs for things they did in the past but with kids it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You can't punish dogs for things they did in the past but with kids it's fine.
    Well, sure, but it’s met with eye rolls and a bunch of “whatevers” rather than anything approaching contrition.
    focus.

Just change the password to the internet and cancel their data plans until they replace your stash. Didn't you ever get caught raiding your parent's cabinet?

My kids sneak around and steal my candy. I’ll get a hankering for a take 5, grab the bag off the top of the fridge.... and it’s empty. To add insult to injury, they don’t throw away the wrappers even. They just leave them there. Taunting me. I eat candy rarely, so they don’t even remember when they stole my shit. Could have been weeks ago. Makes a mockery of my judicial system.

Jerks.
    Most people don't know what they are., but Take 5s are awesome candy bars, especially out of the freezer.

Double shooting, one dead, 500 meters away from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Double shooting, one dead, 500 meters away from my house.
    Shit. That's shitty.