Page 1145 of 1160 FirstFirst ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 ... LastLast
Results 28,601 to 28,625 of 28977
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They need to "bless" a password manager for you to use.

As to your second question - your password manager needs to be protected by a good, strong password *and* two-factor authentication. And yes, theoretically, if someone gets into your password manager, that would be bad.

That said, it's still a WAY better idea than having the same shitty password for everything.
    This. I don’t know any of my passwords except my master pass, and that’s protected by 2FA. Broadly deploying it to all staff is a PITA cuz everybody bitches.

Plus, use a pass phrase if you can’t use a password manager. The one you typed is just fine. But don’t use that one cuz now it’s out there. And use spaces. Easier to type. “Lose 5 pounds before ski season!” Meets all your requirements and is easier to type than F6)?aagP!.
    focus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passwordstrength.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	298727

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    <snip> “Lose 5 pounds before ski season!” Meets all your requirements and is easier to type than F6)?aagP!.
    But don't use this one, now... 'cause it's out there.

I took my utility trailer up high on muddy roads this weekend cutting firewood. I just took the mud caked vehicle and trailer to the car wash and am splattered head to toe with mud globs. Mud annoys me

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Save the juice for the next time you're sick. It's full of antibiotics and hormones.
    Take rectally?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Ridiculous password requirements. Just got an email at work that I've got a password expiring so I need to change it. The new password must be at least 32 characters long including a special character, a number, and both upper and lowercase letters. How the hell are you supposed to come up with a password with those requirements that you can actually remember without writing it down?
    What's worse is when they don't tell you up front what the requirements are, so you get to discover them one by one.
    Attempt 1: Cannot be the same as your last 4 passwords
    Attempt 2: Must be at least 50% different from your last password
    Attempt 3: Must have at least 10 characters.
    Attempt 4: Password cannot have more than 12 characters
    Attempt 5: Must have one lower case, one upper case, one number and one special character.
    Attempt 6: Cannot contain recognizable words
    Attempt 7: Cannot repeat the same character

More annoying still - that regular password expirations are WORSE for security, not better.
    "This dead-bolted door isn't secure enough. Lets put three dead-bolts on it!" (The users then hang all three keys on a nail next to the door.)

See:
    https://www.sans.org/security-awaren...expiration-die
    Last edited by gregorys; 10-21-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Take rectally?
    if that's your thing

And karma bites me. Password expiry on one of my financial accounts. Now on attempt 4 creating new pwd.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    And karma bites me. Password expiry on one of my financial accounts. Now on attempt 4 creating new pwd.
    LastPass...

Shit that annoys you

The gas station is a zoo from 7:15 to 8:30, but they have good coffee so I stop on my way to work.

This is the same time that all the supply trucks hit it, too. Wtf?
    Last edited by Mustonen; 10-22-2019 at 06:43 AM.
    focus.

I was in jury duty all day. 9 people were dismissed for cause because they blatantly and unapologetically said that even if all elements of the crime were proven beyond a reasonable doubt, they would refuse to apply the law. These were all females, and the case was against a male BTW.

6 people were excused because they knew someone who was a victim of sexual assault, and that connection (all just acquaintances) made them unable to apply the law.

They would just "go with their heart, and not the law."

Are you fucking kidding me? This is after those people swore that they would uphold the law.

I've been there trying to field a jury, but I've never seen it this bad. There are so many priceless quotes over the 6 hours that I heard voir dire. I encourage everyone to sit in on a jury selection. It's like a Jerry Springer show.

#mindblown
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 10-23-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Anyone who gets dismissed from jury duty for reasons like those should immediately be sent over to the city to do a day of community service, like highway trash pickup or similar work. Bet a lot of the blatant excuses would end.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Anyone who gets dismissed from jury duty for reasons like those should immediately be sent over to the city to do a day of community service, like highway trash pickup or similar work. Bet a lot of the blatant excuses would end.
    I think they would gladly do it. Nothing against them and their * beliefs, but don't be a hypocrite. Don't say that you are going to hold up, and then be a let down. I have no dog in this fight, but jebus, the hypocrisy was too much to handle. Each person had to be called into chambers to tell their friend's story because they didn't want to tell it in front of the other prospective jurors. Took hours. Hours.

I went to lunch and used a straw. Murder me too. This wishy washy culture is too much to bear. I can only imagine trying to schedule something with any of them.

Hold on, just got a text. Honestly, this happened, the D.A. had to put on the record that he consented to a juror calling her husband about feeding the dog. This is justice?

Well, it didn't fit in with my ...

'Merca

*Yes. This is for a reason. I believe it is one of your only civic duties as a citizen of this nation to vote and serve on a jury, otherwise, who runs this place?

You know what they say, you're judged by 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty.
    Personally I've been on a few panels. I got kicked off a drunk driving case when they asked me if I had ever seen the broken bleeding bodies of accident victims in the ER. I answered honestly yes.
    Another case I was asked if I knew any of the witnesses, which I did.
    Another case was a 6 week trial and I was the only doc in my specialty at my hospital.
    The one I regret getting kicked off of was a third strike case of a guy for possession of drugs in prison. We were supposed to pretend we didn't know it was a third strike. I answered honestly that drugs should be legal (I'm not sure I believe that now but I did then.) I wish I had stuck around and voted not guilty--if I were a prisoner I'd do all the drugs I could and giving a guy life for simple possession is bullshit.
    Sitting on those panels was quite an experience hearing the stories people had to tell the judge.
    I'm not sure I could get on a jury if I tried.

Been in many of the same situations. Understand completely. I would have given this guy a fair shake. Like anyone, I thought. Not so sure about the others once he put on the headphones and had 3 translators doing shifts.

Do the crime, do the time. What ever happened to that? I don't care who you are, honestly, or who you fuck, or how. Been there, done that. Also on the other end.

I raised my hand and said that I had personally appeared for over a decade in front of the judge, knew all the court staff, knew professionally most of the Sheriffs on the witness list, but had no problem making a fair and impartial decision compared to the law. Knowing 0 facts. Like it should be.

God forbid you had a truly impartial juror.

As a dentist, I would think me a wildcard. But if you probed and knew me, you would realize that I actually don't have biases that you would assume I do. Because I wear polkadotted knee socks, and my pants are painted, do you find me a Democrat? Because I have represented Defendants, do you find me a let out of jail free card? Because I don't have tv and listen to NPR on the radio, do you find me...? Etc.

Ask me a question and I'll tell you my answer. It may surprise you. But that is a little too much complexity for most to understand.

That may be why I'm single. Funny that I had to ask the security guard to grab my multitool card thingie that he confiscated from me from my wallet last week when I came in for a contentious divorce hearing. He scrambled, I laughed, and he said, "what are you doing here for this circus?"

I should have known. But treated myself to a great lunch (amazeballs fried chicken sammy, tomato bisque, and mashed potato casserole) at my boys at Moe's and used the gas station for a ghetto car clean with the window washer.

Is that racist? I also admit to calling the jazz station twice tonight with requests, neither of which they could fulfill. Bummer. I already have them, but just wanted to hear them over the airwaves. Is that weird? Because if it is, then peg me. With consent of course ;?)

I'm pretty sure I just fucked my chances on tinder by editing my profile to say that, "If you belive in Jebus, you know where to swipe." I thought it was a nice pun for going right. I'll say Jesus all night long.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 10-23-2019 at 02:01 AM.

don't even know what day it is. But Yesterday for the 3rd time I lost a tire. I mean new tires, All side wall hits. when I waa going slow/ That does not happen. Today I was on Dog Valley road. I was gong 5 miles per hour. I did not have the music on. I heard it.!! I heard it, when the bullit hit the rim. They are not just shooting over my head anymore. I used to hear the buzz and a thunk in a tree. Now they are shooting at me. Whats next? Think about it. 3 tires, all side sidewall hits. and only when I am in the open going real slow/ I thought about this for a day before typing. These fuckers keep escalating. Whats next?

Do I have to go up in the wods and start hunting? You know I hate it. I don't want to harm a squcal . This shit needs to stop right now. If I go out there and find them, And I will. I will make them scream like a little girl .. Right before I.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Chill, breathe. Tomorrow is another day to get worked. Relax and laugh about what it can bring. We got you.

BTW, the police state of TGR requires me to advise you that this is not legal advice or therapeutic advice of any kind. This is only to be used for "ski purposes".

Keep that IN MIND. I pm'd you. Check it.

You totally remind me of my FRIEND Jeff, who does the same. No one can deal with him because he pulls "a Jeff", but I save all of his voicemails about killing people and telling me I'm a piece of shit, and he comes around eventually. I'm still waiting for the last one, and it's been over a month. I waived at him the other day and got an angry nod, which I thought was progress. He still has my river cooler, and a wooden plaque on his dashboard that I put there that says, "You are absolutely magical", which I needed and thought couldn't hurt him and me on a roadtrip. I want it back, but am too timid to retrieve it right now given his "Jeff State". He can have it for awhile till he chills out. It's not worth a firearm for a confrontation over a piece of wood, and I hope he internalizes it.

Seriously, give me a buzz. I gave you my number. You couldn't offend me with anything you say if you TRIED.

MTT is looking for attention not assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    MTT is looking for attention not assistance.
    Maybe we've all been there, no? I can say, from working in the best psych unit in the world as a reference, that I've been in the deepest depths a human can go before killing themselves. I've been there. I've also pulled a gun out of a friend's mouth while reading his note.

I have no problem what so ever sharing my experience, that pain, like broken ribs of your brain. No problem bringing that up again. It's easy because it fucked me hard.

It's something I struggle with, and I'm not afraid to just say it. And I sure as shit don't want another mag down. Whether it's a body image crush on a teen, or a mid life crisis, or a going mental and thought I have my shit, or a holy shit I'm fucked kill me, I just don't want to see it, or I'm broke and worthless and look like shit. I have. You want to express yourself on the internet, do it. I'm not some savior, I get it.

Do it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Chill, breathe. Tomorrow is another day to get worked. Relax and laugh about what it can bring. We got you.

BTW, the police state of TGR requires me to advise you that this is not legal advice or therapeutic advice of any kind. This is only to be used for "ski purposes".

Keep that IN MIND. I pm'd you. Check it.

You totally remind me of my FRIEND Jeff, who does the same. No one can deal with him because he pulls "a Jeff", but I save all of his voicemails about killing people and telling me I'm a piece of shit, and he comes around eventually. I'm still waiting for the last one, and it's been over a month. I waived at him the other day and got an angry nod, which I thought was progress. He still has my river cooler, and a wooden plaque on his dashboard that I put there that says, "You are absolutely magical", which I needed and thought couldn't hurt him and me on a roadtrip. I want it back, but am too timid to retrieve it right now given his "Jeff State". He can have it for awhile till he chills out. It's not worth a firearm for a confrontation over a piece of wood, and I hope he internalizes it.

Seriously, give me a buzz. I gave you my number. You couldn't offend me with anything you say if you TRIED.
    Hey, Maybe it is me.?? I am open to anything at this point.. But I do have 3 tires with bullit holes in them,

But hey!!! Maybe I am not OK ok anymore/

You ever play pool? There is a rule. Stand up or shut up

What do you want to do.

So, if your listening, I am tied. AND I AM exausted I am NOT OK
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Dude, and I never say that, I will crush your ass in pool. How do you think I paid for law school? Bring it. Poker up yer ass too. Try me.

I'm going to bed. You have my number.

Win.

I was going to complain about hotel buffet breakfasts, but I think I’ll wait a bit.
    And I guess that I just don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I was going to complain about hotel buffet breakfasts, but I think I’ll wait a bit.
    Just stuff it in your ski coat pocket and report back later.
    I still call it The Jake.