Page 1446 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 ... LastLast
Results 36,126 to 36,150 of 46046

Shit that annoys you

Went to bed healthy…woke up in the middle of the night with fever/the shits/headache
    Negative for covid & flu so best guess bad food stuff over the last 24hrs…GI virus
    So, my Thanksgiving is gonna be BRAT (bread/rice/apple sauce/toast)
    Grrrr…
    At least I’m safe around family as long as i don’t stuff fingers in my butt or mouth and wipe them everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Went to bed healthy…woke up in the middle of the night with fever/the shits/headache
    Negative for covid & flu so best guess bad food stuff over the last 24hrs…GI virus
    Grrrr…
    At least I’m safe around family as long as i don’t stuff fingers in my butt or mouth and wipe them everywhere
    That sucks. Heal up man.

Supermarket that I've shopped at for nearly 2 decades. You pull in and parking rows are on the left, each an alternating one way.

For some inexplicable reason they just flipped the direction of the rows.

I didn't notice out of muscle memory and almost lost my shit on two tourists.

No structural changes to lot. Why the fuck did they do this? There's going to be a lot of locals vs. tourists collisions.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Back when we still had yahoo email (and only because Yahoo bought Prodigy) someone sent all our contacts the "help we're stranded in Europe" scam. What was interesting was seeing who thought it might be serious enough to check with us--like our lawyer. AFAIK no one actually sent money but if they did they wouldn't have told me would they?
    I know a couple of people who still have yahoo email.

Stores that are closed when they should be open.

I get that it's hard to find labor and stores have weird/limited hours. But when your website says you're open, and when your recorded phone message says you are, it's fucking bullshit that I have to drive up to your door to find out that you're closed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Stores that are closed when they should be open.

I get that it's hard to find labor and stores have weird/limited hours. But when your website says you're open, and when your recorded phone message says you are, it's fucking bullshit that I have to drive up to your door to find out that you're closed.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Grrrr…
    I think I had that a few weeks ago. Imodium multi-symptom got me through it.
    Was a tough one because I had to attend multiple social functions for work that involved drinking.

Kids were home from college for 6 days (not annoying)……

I did a lot of laundry (kinda annoying)…..

They went back to school on Saturday, and as I get ready for school tomorrow, I noticed they snagged “all” our “good” masks. (annoying)….

*Online now to buy more to restock our supply….(note to self- when washing them, separate our masks from the kids so they don’t take them all)

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    <snip>

I did a lot of laundry
    Does not compute...

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Does not compute...
    it’s probably the only reason my wife is still around….

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Only reason my wife is still around….
    Fuck that. Kids do their OWN goddam laundry.

I'm currently on hold with the DMV with a question about a complicated title/registration issue. I'd really rather not have to go down there and not have what they want and have to go back.

When I called, they said it was a 40 minute hold wait time and that there were 51 people on hold in front of me but calls would be taken in order. I'm doing other stuff so I just put the phone on speaker and decided to wait it out.

Well after about a half hour of holding, the wait time went UP to 50 minutes. And now, another 20 minutes later, it has gone up again, to 60 minutes. What in the actual fuck? Annoying.

It's just making me more determined though. Fuck 'em, phone's plugged in, I'll hold 'til death.

You should try calling the IRS next.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Good news/bad news. Shortly after posting that, they picked up. Turns out I don't have what they need to get this shit done, so I saved myself a trip to the DMV. That's the good news. The bad news is now I have to talk to the DMV in Maryland. So now I'm on hold with them.

The kicker being on hold with something like the DMV is when you've been on hold for an hour or so and the call drops.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Good news/bad news. Shortly after posting that, they picked up. Turns out I don't have what they need to get this shit done, so I saved myself a trip to the DMV. That's the good news. The bad news is now I have to talk to the DMV in Maryland. So now I'm on hold with them.

When we dropped my daughter off at UNB first semester we had to sign her up for Canadian health care as she is a CAN cit. I was blown away that you go to basically the DMV (Service New Brunswick) to sign up for health care. It went about as well as you might expect. But we got er dun. In the morning we had already been to get her social watever it's called number. So Service NB wasn't my first rodeo with government offices. At least they're polite.

15 minutes ago...WFH today, took a little break and came back to a bird in the wood stove. It got away from me when I tried to grab it so I chased it out an open door. 5 minutes later I hear bird in the stove again. This ones messier and flies out before I can even grab it. It flies into a drafty window I've shrink wrapped for the winter, tearing the shrink wrap and getting little feathers and shit all over the place before I can direct it outside. Vacuuming is gonna have to wait because this morning I cleaned the vacuum and its still in pieces drying, and I don't feel like grabbing the shop vac from the shop. I'm now annoyed so I light up a few pieces of paper in the stove, maybe it'll keep the bird from coming right back. Plus it's been warm out and I haven't burned anything for a while..I sit down and start back on work. About 30 seconds later I hear another bird in there. Fuck! Sorry poor guy, you're just gonna have to wait till you pass out before I grab you...After a few seconds I decide instead to just open the stove up and let this one find the door to the outside on its own. Fucker flies into a houseplant and knocks it over, getting soil all over the place along with more feathers, dives behind some ski gear, and flies into a few more windows before finding its way out.
    I just swept the chimney last week, no nests or anything like that in it then or now as I just snapped a pic of it a minute ago.
    I'm off to go grab the shop vac and start cleanup.

Quote Originally Posted by Chair 6 View Post
    15 minutes ago...WFH today, took a little break and came back to a bird in the wood stove. It got away from me when I tried to grab it so I chased it out an open door. 5 minutes later I hear bird in the stove again. This ones messier and flies out before I can even grab it. It flies into a drafty window I've shrink wrapped for the winter, tearing the shrink wrap and getting little feathers and shit all over the place before I can direct it outside. Vacuuming is gonna have to wait because this morning I cleaned the vacuum and its still in pieces drying, and I don't feel like grabbing the shop vac from the shop. I'm now annoyed so I light up a few pieces of paper in the stove, maybe it'll keep the bird from coming right back. Plus it's been warm out and I haven't burned anything for a while..I sit down and start back on work. About 30 seconds later I hear another bird in there. Fuck! Sorry poor guy, you're just gonna have to wait till you pass out before I grab you...After a few seconds I decide instead to just open the stove up and let this one find the door to the outside on its own. Fucker flies into a houseplant and knocks it over, getting soil all over the place along with more feathers, dives behind some ski gear, and flies into a few more windows before finding its way out.
    I just swept the chimney last week, no nests or anything like that in it then or now as I just snapped a pic of it a minute ago.
    I'm off to go grab the shop vac and start cleanup.
    I gotta say... this is pretty epic in the "shit that annoys you" category!

There's been several horror movies about this kind of thing, you know. Harbingers of terror and all.

Unfortunately ,for you, I find this story amusing.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Oh sure; first there's laughing and smiling, then there's screaming and blood.

Some box wire screening on the flue will prevent recurrences. Even with the damper closed some air is going out that flue and it's warmer than the ambient air if it's chilly out. Them birdies are just tryna stay warm.

In my absence:
    FIL (93) & MIL (91) being visited by nephew and wife come into inlaws house, clearly marked with "masks required" on the door, not wearing masks.
    Claim that masks don't work and COVID is not all that bad. Guess which political party nephew and wife support.

Inlaws had just been diagnosed with COVID contracted by MIL after her hospital stay, she's recovering from a broken tailbone and can't walk.

This just blows me away, far more idiotic and egregious than Jan. 6, Q or white supremacy. The USA is fucked.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    In my absence:
    FIL (93) & MIL (91) being visited by nephew and wife come into inlaws house, clearly marked with "masks required" on the door, not wearing masks.
    Claim that masks don't work and COVID is not all that bad. Guess which political party nephew and wife support.

Inlaws had just been diagnosed with COVID contracted by MIL after her hospital stay, she's recovering from a broken tailbone and can't walk.

This just blows me away, far more idiotic and egregious than Jan. 6, Q or white supremacy. The USA is fucked.
    *moving to the "Shit that enrages you" thread*
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy