Page 872 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 ... LastLast
Results 21,776 to 21,800 of 46293
    I have always plucked beans and peas off the vines and popped them in my mouth; one of the joys of having a garden. We use no animal fertilizers, although it’s possible some bird shit got in there. Hard to say; I’ll be more careful from here on.

Lunch was an apple, washed; breakfast was a Lara Bar.

People who think having kids makes them super important and everyone should work everything around their schedules because OMG, you have kids!

#itsnotthebeans #sendmeyourbeans

Maybe my Lara Bar was expired. ;-)

I tried to remember what I had for dinner on Thursday, but I’m fucking old, so that’s a dead end.

Free beans for all! Come and get ‘em, I’m not taking a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Come and get ‘em, I’m not taking a chance.
    You have no faith, in anything. You are dead to me.

I probably will be dead if I eat another bean.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Do you know where it came from? I had some really bad, bad, terrible bouts in the past but despite the certainty of jinxing myself I'm gonna say it: Not for 25 years. Part of it is I do the cooking at home and I'm super careful about cooked v. raw, surfaces, utensils, etc. I do pay attention, and we're probably not going to get food poisoning at home.

But restaurants is a crap shoot. Was anything out of the ordinary? Did you think it was a dicey situation and just forged forward or was it out of the blue? It's been a long time but I never ever want that shit again. Is there anything to learn from your situation?
    I think most food poisoning comes from people cooking in their own homes. Even the worst restaurants have better hygiene than lots of home kitchens. Or it could even be bad bathroom sanitation.

But of course nobody wants to admit that so they blame the Indian food from two nights ago.

Most common food poisoning starts to take effect in six hours or less. Some types take longer but it’s rare.

How often to people get food poisoning? Because I've never had it, AFAIK. Is it a reasonably common thing?

How do you know that it's food poisoning and not something like gastroenteritis?

It's also possible your wife just wasnt susceptible to whatever was in what ever you guys ate and that's why she didnt get sick...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    How often to people get food poisoning? Because I've never had it, AFAIK. Is it a reasonably common thing?
    Harder to know when it's an individual case, but it's pretty clear when you and a group go out to eat and every single person who ordered the same particular entree ends up with the same exact symptoms and everybody who ordered other things did not; Spending the next night blowing everything they have out every orifice simultaneously. It can be pretty awful when you're on the can hugging a trashcan with another person banging on the bathroom door begging to be let in for the same reason. Blech. That was freaking miserable.

Head over the border to Mexico, or if that's not an option hit up the local Chipotle.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Head over the border to Mexico, or if that's not an option hit up the local Chipotle.
    Have done both.

No issues.

Looking forward (?) to my first bout...

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    It's also possible your wife just wasnt susceptible to whatever was in what ever you guys ate and that's why she didnt get sick...
    That's kinda what we figured; I just got unlucky.

Have done both.

No issues.

Looking forward (?) to my first bout...
    You must have done it wrong. Go to Tijuana or Ciudad Juarez and after a long night of overindulgence, try out some street tacos from a questionable looking cart, with a side of local tap water. That spigot in the futbol field will do just fine. Mix and let that simmer for around 12-24 hours. That should do the trick!

Sure. You'll pay for it, but then you'll be rewarded with an iron stomach that can take all sorts of punishment world-wide.

Went down to the local Patagonia store yesterday (this is in Fairfield county, CT., so.......) to get a few repairs done to a pair of pants (you can do that now, just drop them off at a store, and it's free) and there's this young family in front of me taking forever at the cash register, all loud and shit with their kids in a "you're so wonderful, goo goo" kind of way, and all three kids, the oldest maybe four, are decked out in new Patagonia fleece (it's fucking summer!) and other stuff. All three had brand new Keen sandals they'll probably outgrow in three months. Just gross. Then mommy decides that she wants to shop for something during transaction with a line behind her.

I hope they all went out to an overpriced restaraunt and got food poisoning.

Why do you hate capitalism?

How do you know that it's food poisoning and not something like gastroenteritis?
    My understanding is that most things that people might call the stomach flu are food borne illnesses. In other words, most times you have some stomach illness.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This rain. My cycling mile total is hurting this year.

My wife and I both got sick from food poisoning at the same time once, within minutes. I woke up first and was doing the both ends purge in our bathroom so she headed towards the hall for the other bathroom. And passed out halfway there. It was probably related to her low blood pressure. Anyway I heard the thump and couldn't go do something about it. So I was shouting her name between pukes. She was only down for a moment and I had to remind her where she was headed so she could get there before it hit her. And then we were both stuck in different bathrooms for the night. I eventually laid down on the cool flooring with my head in the shower. Fun times. That's when I quit coffee because I was over the headaches by the time I could even think about food and drink.

I got the absolute worst bout of The Revenge the only time I was in Mexico, but, even worse was Hepatitus from a corner deli in Manhattan. Now that is a miserable disease.

That's why I never share needles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My wife and I both got sick from food poisoning at the same time once, within minutes. I woke up first and was doing the both ends purge in our bathroom so she headed towards the hall for the other bathroom. And passed out halfway there. It was probably related to her low blood pressure. Anyway I heard the thump and couldn't go do something about it. So I was shouting her name between pukes. She was only down for a moment and I had to remind her where she was headed so she could get there before it hit her. And then we were both stuck in different bathrooms for the night. I eventually laid down on the cool flooring with my head in the shower. Fun times. That's when I quit coffee because I was over the headaches by the time I could even think about food and drink.
    Yup. That was us, except the passing out part thankfully. I got sick, along with my wife, my sister, and bro-in-law. All 3 bathrooms were ocupado all night on a constant rotation. Crazy how it nails everybody almost simultaneously. Violently puking and pissing out your butt for like 8 hours straight is freaking miserable.

^^^ Now I'm super gun-shy about what I eat. We grilled chicken last night, with a side of green beans/garlic in a grill pan. I cooked those fuckers until they were just hollow shells. Ended up giving them to the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post

Sure. You'll pay for it, but then you'll be rewarded with an iron stomach that can take all sorts of punishment world-wide.
    That's not quite how that works. But, go for it.