Page 1204 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... LastLast
Results 30,076 to 30,100 of 46044
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just went to smugmug (photo hosting site) to look for a photo. I use an old PW on the site that is simple and short, and yes, the pw was in some breach at some point, but big whoop, smugmug is a photo site.

Well, today, smugmug alerts me to the breach (mind you it wasn't a breach of their site, just a breach that has been reported), and won't let me access my photos until I change my PW. Annoyed, I click the reset pw button, get the email, and try to reset it. They require 12 characters!!! No bank of mine, credit card, my IT dept, etc, requires 12 characters. And remember, they won't let me access my photos until I do.

So I send an email to them complaining, and they send this paternalistic response that doesn't so much as have the word sorry in it. I go to FB, see someone has posted the same comment about 12 characters being insane, I respond to the post, and someone from smugmug responds, again with the paternalistic "we take your security seriously and know better than you", and again without so much as a sorry.

I don't even need smugmug, I just keep it out of convenience. But I'm freaking annoyed right now.

*old man yells at cloud.jpg*
    Passphrases..... Fuck you smugmug! Is easy to type and remember and is also a little satisfying.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    I am touring for untracked EC tomorrow, you back mall walking and Cinnabon?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

Though as much.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

X

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Passphrases..... Fuck you smugmug! Is easy to type and remember and is also a little satisfying.
    I'd love to change my photobucket password to Fuck you photobucket. That would be both satisfying and perfectly fitting. But I can't even get on to their site far enough anymore to change the password. I keep getting alternating emails from them warning me I've exceeded my bandwidth, a second one that I've exceeded my allowable storage and some of my photos will be deleted, and a third one asking me to renew at the low price of only $60/yr/ Fuck you, photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Problem is, most sites still require numbers and characters. Which is annoying. Anyway, you still need to remember which passphrase goes to which site, so you still have to write them down.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I'd love to change my photobucket password to Fuck you photobucket. That would be both satisfying and perfectly fitting. But I can't even get on to their site far enough anymore to change the password. I keep getting alternating emails from them warning me I've exceeded my bandwidth, a second one that I've exceeded my allowable storage and some of my photos will be deleted, and a third one asking me to renew at the low price of only $60/yr/ Fuck you, photobucket
    I have a couple of fuck you passwords.

Milk chocolate annoys me.
    All chocolate options should be available as dark chocolate.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

in-flight announcements.
    I get the safety one is req'd .. but ..

<click> we dimmed the lights so you can sleep <click>
    <click> the seatbelt sign is off <click>
    <click> but it may come back on later <click>
    <click> we're coming by with water. <click>
    <click> join our mile program <click>
    <click> sign up for our visa <click>
    <click> if you buy an airplane snack with our visa you get 25% reimbursed <click>
    <click> and you get enough miles for 2 domestic flights <click>
    <click> or one flight to hawaii <click>

do they get paid by the syllable?
    and at the very least don't let the screech-voice attendant do the announcements. pre-record them with salma hayek or something.

annoying.

Best in flight announcement I ever heard: "anyone caught smoking on the flight will be asked to leave the plane immediately"

People who don't rinse the dish soap off the dishes. Just because you swirled some magic water on the dishes doesn't make them clean. Scrub then rinse. If that stuff is powerful enough to be considered magical I don't want it left on the dishes.

Restaurants with shitty ventilation that leave you reeking like the place after.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Restaurants with shitty ventilation that leave you reeking like the place after.
    Restaurants with a butcher shop across the wall.

Same goes for about 90% of Starbucks locations.

Running the snowblower in warm wet snow so that it plugs up every 50 ft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Same goes for about 90% of Starbucks locations.
    Place I am referring to is a semi-high-end sushi joint. $150+ for two people to smell like a deep fryer the rest of the night.

It actually reminded me of the Beaver Inn in Bham. At least the drinks at that place were cheap, and you knew you were gonna smell like a deep fryer and cigs the rest of the night. I'd always win a few beers playing foosball or pool too.

That is quite probably the first time a sushi place has ever been compared to The Beaver. I have fond memories of that bar.
    Last edited by John_B; 02-23-2020 at 06:32 PM.

All this deep fried bullshit at sushi joints.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    All this deep fried bullshit at sushi joints.
    I should say, it is also a teppanyaki place, without a well functioning hood system.

I fucking love spider rolls, though.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It actually reminded me of the Beaver Inn in Bham.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    That is quite probably the first time a sushi place has ever been compared to The Beaver. I have fond memories of that bar.
    The Beaver ain't the Beaver anymore. For starters, it changed hands __? number of years ago. Then it moved to Holly St next door to the Horseshoe. Then the owners bought the Horseshoe as well. Both are "cleaned up". The Beaver is now more the idea of a dive bar, than an actual one. Craft IPAs are sipped from micro brewery logo'd glasses.

In other bar news, I was in The Shakedown - formerly known as the 3B - recently, and was happy to see how little it's changed.

Name:  sdb.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  142.6 KB

Fuck me. The Horseshoe got cleaned up? I'm sure I didnt even see it in its glory days, but wow. I heard the Up and Up is no more as well?

Yeah the Up & Up (and Rudy's) closed last summer. There was a really tragic incident involving one of the patrons that I won't get into, and I think Steve had just had enough.

Change is inevitable I guess, especially in a little college town. I haven't frequented any of those spots in almost 20 years but still have fond memories. Glad we can turn a complaint about a sushi place in Vail into a drunken stumble down memory lane in Bellingham.

There are multiple people in the office right now on the same conference call, listening in on separate un-muted speakerphones and sitting close enough together that the phones are echoing off one another. No idea how they can have a productive conversation with all that fucking noise.

My e-mail address has been getting attacked like CRAZY these last couple days. What the heck is going on? Thankfully I had 2-step authentication on, but I when I was informed on a secondary e-mail that my account had been compromised, I checked into it and sure enough. Changed my password and all that, checked the suspect activity log, and it's been getting hit from IP's mainly from China, Russia, Bangladesh, and 1 successful sync attempt from India.

Those fools gotta calm down. This crap is seriously getting annoying. I'm pretty careful with network security so this is getting frustrating. Might have something to do with the BIG Hulu/Netflix account heist that happened lately. Hulu customer service rep told me that from December through January, they've just been getting hammered with hacks.

sad, pissed....

BIL dead at 46. Good man, 5 year old, my sis and many around left wondering wtf

sucks

enjoy what you have, chase your dreams