Page 1350 of 1372 FirstFirst ... 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 ... LastLast
Results 33,726 to 33,750 of 34299
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Always, always include some butter or oil in your rice!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yes, if you’re making paella or risotto not for Asian rice

Humanity
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^ Rinse the rice in cold water first to get rid of some starch.
    always

JFC, people don't know how to properly cook rice. WTF?

If your burners are all to high, pull the knob off and turn the flame down with a thin flat blade screwdriver.

FFS rice isn't that hard to cook. Use a timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    If your burners are all to high, pull the knob off and turn the flame down with a thin flat blade screwdriver.

FFS rice isn't that hard to cook. Use a timer.
    I think 90% of the world population has it figured out without a timer. JFC, rice. Rice. WTF?

Uncle Roger will straighten you guys out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7OKjTIUp1w

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    JFC, people don't know how to properly cook rice. WTF?
    My friend's Asian American wife had no idea you could cook rice without a rice cooker.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Uncle Roger will straighten you guys out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7OKjTIUp1w
    dudes chinese accent fkn sucks.
    you don't want no smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I think 90% of the world population has it figured out without a timer. JFC, rice. Rice. WTF?

Yeh but, unka rog is mankn' bank..

Not that hard to cook a wide variety of rice without a nanny to help. FFS
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

#SMH

My rice comes out fine--it just leaves me a mess to clean up. What I really need is a glass top for the pot so I can see when it starts to boil up and I need to put a heat diverter under it. I'm easily distracted in the kitchen. That's the real problem--my back to the stove, chopping everything that goes into the stir fry. Turn around and oh shit--boiled over again.

Got a nice official looking letter from the IRS. After I stuffed my heart back in my chest and opened the envelope--it was Uncle Joe making sure we got our stimulus checks. Seems like they could make the envelope a little less intimidating.

Rice.

rinse rinse rinse. preheat oven to 375F

in pot/pan/whatever (something with a lid) put rice and water (or chx or veggie or whatever broth) in 1 : 1.5 ratio.
    maybe a little butter or oil, but you don't have to. same with salt and pepper. bring to a boil. other spices if you're inclined.
    then turn off the stovetop, put the lid on, and chuck it into the oven for 18 minutes.

take it out. let it sit for at least ten minutes before uncovering.

there's your 20-30 minutes to finish up whatever is going with the rice.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Just get an Instant Pot. White rice in 12 minutes, brown in 15. Not affected by altitude. I got rid of my rice cooker.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    The battery in the “fuzzy logic” rice cookers. Eventually wears out, you need to take it completely apart, unsolder the holder and battery. Solder in new battery and then solder in new holder.

Could not be made harder

Planned obsolescence.

I learned the only piece of advice anyone needs to know about cooking rice when I was about 7 years old: "two parts to one part." End of fucking instructions. It's rice FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I learned the only piece of advice anyone needs to know about cooking rice when I was about 7 years old: "two parts to one part." End of fucking instructions. It's rice FFS.
    I use this for regular long grain and medium grain rice. I recently grabbed a huge bag of Basmati from Sam's. Made the first batch, with normal method, and it was way too much water. Instructions on the bag 1 cup rice/1.5cups water. rinse rice, bring to boil IN water, low simmer for 15min...perfect every fucking time.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I use this for regular long grain and medium grain rice. I recently grabbed a huge bag of Basmati from Sam's. Made the first batch, with normal method, and it was way too much water. Instructions on the bag 1 cup rice/1.5cups water. rinse rice, bring to boil IN water, low simmer for 15min...perfect every fucking time.
    Basmati is interesting and you can get very different good results with very different cooking methods. Rinsing drastically reduces the cooking time but makes sticky rice, which is good for some things. I do 2:1, 20 mins, no rinse, and it comes out great, with or without being toasted in butter first. However, I cook it on med low instead of low.

We’ve gone multiple pages on how to cook fucking rice? What’s next? How to prepare breakfast cereal?

Jesus Christ.
    focus.

Rice is fascinating. There are almost as many different ways to cook it as there are people on the planet. And there are a lot more varieties of it then one would guess growing up in 'Murica.

I live at 6000 feet--a little extra water because it takes longer to cook and to account for the water that boils over.

Of course they aren't necessary and you can easily make rice withou them, but rice cookers are fucking awesome. Put the shit in and turn it on and forget about it until it's time to eat. Frees up stovetop for cooking other foods. Are they necessary? Of course not. Are you cooler because you "don't need" a rice cooker? Hell no, you're just a riceist.

The guy across from me at the intersection who looked around, rolled his window down, and inconspicuously tossed some trash into the road before driving off. Fuck that guy.
    you don't want no smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    The guy across from me at the intersection who looked around, rolled his window down, and inconspicuously tossed some trash into the road before driving off. Fuck that guy.
    As an adult, I can't believe that a normal part of my childhood was doing trash patrol in our yard on the side of a 4-lane road before mowing the lawn in the midwest. I once had someone throw trash out their window while I was mowing. People suck.

In keeping with the theme of the thread, try running over a tossed diaper with a riding mower. Literal shit that annoyed me.

Talk doesn’t cook rice -fortune cookie