Page 1042 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... LastLast
Results 26,026 to 26,050 of 46183
    The go pro gang that is rolling 6 deep, dressed in bright colors, and only ski under the lift screaming "LOOK AT MEEEEE" while trying to tail wheelie every 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    The go pro gang that is rolling 6 deep, dressed in bright colors, and only ski under the lift screaming "LOOK AT MEEEEE" while trying to tail wheelie every 5 seconds.
    Feeling your age, huh?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Them: holy shit shop wants $1700 for catalytic converter and another $1700 for timing belt.
    Me: that’s fucking ridiculous, a quick google says a cat should be $1300 and a belt about $800 and I can probably do the belt myself. Tell them no and go home and research it. It might be a O2 sensor not a cat anyway.
    Them: I just told them to do it
    Me: ...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Feeling your age, huh?
    STOP TRACKING OUT MY LAWN!

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Them: holy shit shop wants $1700 for catalytic converter and another $1700 for timing belt.
    Me: that’s fucking ridiculous, a quick google says a cat should be $1300 and a belt about $800 and I can probably do the belt myself. Tell them no and go home and research it. It might be a O2 sensor not a cat anyway.
    That's pretty bs to proceed w a repair w that price tag without an explicit go ahead. Fuck them

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    That's pretty bs to proceed w a repair w that price tag without an explicit go ahead. Fuck them
    Did you sign the estimate?

I'm guessing "them" is a spouse/SO/someone else in life, not the shop.

Or it's a desperate shop doing a hard sell.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I'm guessing "them" is a spouse/SO/someone else in life, not the shop.
    This would be my guess as well.

Oh, yeah sorry to be cryptic. Just another girl acquaintance getting swindled by a shop manager, but I was trying to be all PC with saying them instead of her...

Count me clueless, perhaps - but are cats really $1300-1700?
    I mean the cat I last put on my Corolla is $200, and that included the install! [Yeah, they only last about 2-3 years - being that the thing drinks oil. But that gets me past two DEQ cycles, and about four years before I have to throw another $200 at it. I figure $50 a year is not bad. Hell, I probably spend more than that on oil!]

So, back to the cat. $1300? There's no aftermarket one for some reasonable price? Damn.

That would be annoying.

All the stupid "WE USE COOKIES" pop-ups that every website seems to inflict on visitors these days. I don't fucking care, stop bugging me.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    cool show on Nova last night speculating on the first people to ride horses as well as speculating that the wide range of Indo-European languages is due to the fact that the original speakers from the region north of the Caucasus Mtns rode horses and had horse drawn carts before other peoples and so were able to spread rapidly across Europe and Asia. (It also helped that they wiped out the native populations with plague to which they were more resistant than the local populations.) This theory contradicts the prevailing myth that people learned Indo-European languages from horses, of which Mr. Ed was the last survivor.
    I was going to ask KQ if it was her mare but sounds like the gelding double barreled it!

Nova also has a great Equus series, origin of the horse, I think separate from the other one (was that the one with warriors?).

Annoying when your horses don't appreciate their shelter!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Oh, yeah sorry to be cryptic. Just another girl acquaintance getting swindled by a shop manager, but I was trying to be all PC with saying them instead of her...
    A pic or two would have put a stop to any confusion. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    All the stupid "WE USE COOKIES" pop-ups that every website seems to inflict on visitors these days. I don't fucking care, stop bugging me.
    "We see you're using an add blocker. Please white list us to proceed." Is there no hack to get around this BS yet?

You can thank the EU's GDPR for that.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yep. Love to see Google just pull out of Yurp and deny access. Let 'em go back to using the Yellow Pages and paper maps.

Right up there with CA Prop 6 warnings

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

"We see you're using an add blocker. Please white list us to proceed." Is there no hack to get around this BS yet?
    Most of those I've run into request that you unblock rather than require it. I usually go along with it unless I'm pissed off for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderHorse View Post
    I was going to ask KQ if it was her mare but sounds like the gelding double barreled it!

Nova also has a great Equus series, origin of the horse, I think separate from the other one (was that the one with warriors?).

Annoying when your horses don't appreciate their shelter!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    The show I saw said that global cooling gave us the modern horse. When most of the planet was tropical forests horses were little things but as the planet got colder and drier and forests turned to open grasslands horses had to get bigger, stronger, and faster to protect themselves from predators.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    If you know a bit of code you can usually edit the page using inspect element to turn off the overlay and add back in scrolling.

Display ads are the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It's actually the websites' fault for building a system that relies on compromising the security and privacy of the user in order to run their shitty website. You can build almost any site without using cookies if you really wanted to.

Puddles of piss on the floor in front of urinals...and how ubiquitous they are.

I pull off the highway into town and onto a road 2 lanes wide each way. A cop car coming the opposite direction is stopped in the left lane with his cop lights going and attempting to make a huey. Traffic stops in both directions to allow him to turn around and he completes the turn. He then proceeds to drive like an old lady barely going the speed limit and obviously no emergency as he putters through town. I pulled up alongside thinking maybe it was a mechanic taking for a test ride, but regular cop inside.

HankScorpio not providing daily updates of his current predicament.
    That annoys me.

Kid's sports. Specifically, in this case, the fucking drama that goes along with high level girls club soccer. And the drama-addicted parents of the kids.

If my kid didn't love the sport I would have bailed long ago. Goddamn it.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Kid's sports. Specifically, in this case, the fucking drama that goes along with high level girls club soccer. And the drama-addicted parents of the kids.

If my kid didn't love the sport I would have bailed long ago. Goddamn it.
    I feel your pain.

Thought my kids were done after this season to focus on other sports. Their existing club team is falling apart at the seams with drama, new coach next season, CRAZY parents, etc....

Then the wife calls and said they got a offer from another team without a try out that a few of their HS teammates play on, trains closer to home, a coach they are familiar with from a past team.

Guess I’m in for at least another year. Take my $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I pull off the highway into town and onto a road 2 lanes wide each way. A cop car coming the opposite direction is stopped in the left lane with his cop lights going and attempting to make a huey. Traffic stops in both directions to allow him to turn around and he completes the turn. He then proceeds to drive like an old lady barely going the speed limit and obviously no emergency as he putters through town. I pulled up alongside thinking maybe it was a mechanic taking for a test ride, but regular cop inside.
    cop's on the outside of town doing speed control, time to head back to town for his acai smoothie so he turns on the lights to avoid getting creamed by people texting and then the horror--he drives the speed limit! I fail to see what the problem is.

Shit that annoys you

A good friend of ours owns the Ciderhouse right at the city limit, (where the speed limit drops from 60 to 35), and the cop speed traps right across the road. It hurts her business and accomplishes nothing but piss off tourists. Everybody slows down there anyway, there’s not even sidewalks to protect or whatever. Even her restaurant is off the road by 50 yards.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda