Page 1471 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 ... LastLast
Results 36,751 to 36,775 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    FWIW, we've had pretty good results keeping mice out of the engine bay by placing a ziploc with some old fashioned moth balls on the garage floor underneath the engine area (when parked). Put a couple holes in the ziploc to let the smell out.

The dogs ignore the moth balls so no concern there.

We haven't had mice chew up any wiring in cars, but they have built nests in air boxes and cabin filter boxes, and chewed up the filters.
    Moth balls are also supposed to keep your tools from rusting in the garage if they're in a closed toolbox or cabinet.

Where are the mothballs in your scenario?

Tools are in a toolbox. Toolbox is apparently in a garage. Is the garage an essential part of this alchemy?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    FWIW, we've had pretty good results keeping mice out of the engine bay by placing a ziploc with some old fashioned moth balls on the garage floor underneath the engine area (when parked). Put a couple holes in the ziploc to let the smell out.

The dogs ignore the moth balls so no concern there.

We haven't had mice chew up any wiring in cars, but they have built nests in air boxes and cabin filter boxes, and chewed up the filters.
    Dunno, his dog is at least part Labrador. They eat anything. And Crash doesn't appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed. Ymmv.

Name:  HCat.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  92.5 KB
    Relatively low post count.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Dunno, his dog is at least part Labrador. They eat anything. And Crash doesn't appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed. Ymmv.
    That’s hurtful……

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5530.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	402786

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    That’s hurtful……

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5530.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	402786

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That face melts my heart.

I'm not the one who jumped out of a moving vehicle. Yet. Hold my beer and watch this! Crash reminds me of my younger self. Can we still be friends?

Lulz……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I've had the worst experience with Kirkland batteries from Costco. Seems like close to 1/3 or more have leaked out of the last package. Some leaked while still in the package. I've stopped buying them at costco and don't buy larger packages of them anymore period. Duracells didn't leak as much, they simply tended to be duds that didn't last very long.
    This+++

Costco batteries, at least in the last couple of years, SUCK BAD.
    Pulled one out of the package a day or two ago, already leaking.

So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Kirkland batteries are just rebranded Duracell batteries.
    Not so sure about that. I just pulled 3 kirkland batteries out of a headlamp. Put 3 duracells in. Headlamp won't turn on. Check them side by side, the nub on the negative end of the duracells is shorter than the kirkland batteries.

Uh huhuhhuhuh,he said nub, huhuhuhuhuhuhuh

Charmin toilet paper commercials.

Is it really that difficult to figure out how to use the product? Do people really need cartoon bears with dirty backsides?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Ah, fuck, having a root canal or some such on Thursday. I’m gonna ask for some halfway decent drugs.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

After this morning’s eye operation to repair the hole in my macula, I now have to sit/lay face down for a week.
    No elevation above 2,000’ for at least a couple of months, while the gas bubble disburses.

He gave me hope for Spring skiing.

Yikes. Heal fast man. That's not a fun recovery

You win, powdrhound.

Sorry.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    The Apple Watch commercial where people are using their watches to call 911 and are speaking with a dispatcher. In one of the scenarios the dispatcher asks a woman who is trapped underwater if her head is above water.

She wouldn't be speaking if her head was under water for fucks sake!!
    Okay so I've seen this ad 3x now since I read this post and I can't stop thinking about it. The dispatcher most definitely does not ask if the woman's head is above water. She asks some questions to understand the situation (in a car, filling with water) and at the end says "help is on its way, try to keep your head above water, okay?"

The dispatcher is reassuring the caller and giving them a specific instruction to focus on. Now I'm no dispatcher expert but I bet that's day 1 material right there. You owe Tim Cook an apology.

Posted from my Apple Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    This+++

Costco batteries, at least in the last couple of years, SUCK BAD.
    Pulled one out of the package a day or two ago, already leaking.

So, yeah.
    Bring them back to Costco. A) get money back; B) they’ll know they need to improve

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    After this morning’s eye operation to repair the hole in my macula, I now have to sit/lay face down for a week.
    No elevation above 2,000’ for at least a couple of months, while the gas bubble disburses.

He gave me hope for Spring skiing.
    Friend of mine learned to play guitar when he had to do that

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Posting and having it time out annoys me.

Try again... Kiddo got in a collision during the "skills quest" portion of her race at Steamboat. Nobody seems to know what happened, it may have been a random and it may have been a kid in her group, but my kiddo doesn't know because she was splayed out on the ground and nobody who witnessed it seemed to know (or at least nobody said anything while my kid was around). Hard to know exactly what happened talking to a kid who got wrecked, so I don't know if I should be annoyed or enraged.

But the worst part is the outcome, small break in her upper arm that will keep her out of commission for at least 4 weeks. She's so bummed. Ugh.
    That sucks Danno. Sorry for her.

"Do you have the cycles for this?"

It's time. Do you have time for this. WTF is a cycle? How is it measured? Do I have like 50 cycles a day? How many of these mysterious cycles will this particular task consume?

My response is almost always "Yep. Just throw it on the pile, we'll get to it."

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I've never heard anyone say this, but I agree that it's annoying. I'll make a note that if I DO hear it I'll ask the person what the hell they're talking about.

Only thing I can think of where that may be relevant is when on the dating scene and a woman with a ticking clock and standing on the precipice of menopause is telling you she wants babies and stat. That's when it could be correct to say "Do you have the cycles for this?"

You may or may not get slapped.

It's time. Do you have time for this. WTF is a cycle? How is it measured? Do I have like 50 cycles a day? How many of these mysterious cycles will this particular task consume?

My response is almost always "Yep. Just throw it on the pile, we'll get to it."
    Do you work with crystal people? Different crystals create different frequencies which might define the number of cycles you have per day.

Or you work in a laundromat.

No. No. Shit no man. I believe you get your ass kicked for sayin something like that man.

I see hydraulic turtles.