Page 1135 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 ... LastLast
Results 28,351 to 28,375 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    My geriatric car decided to blow up today (still haven't gotten the verdict from the mechanic). I have no clue what the heck is wrong with it, though. Hopefully it's minor but the engine MIGHT have blown itself. I don't know since my wife was driving it to work and had it towed to the mechanic. Wife JUST started a new job and hasn't received her first paycheck yet (thus no paystubs) and I just lost mine so I think a car loan is likely out of the question for the moment and we're broke as balls since life's been kicking us in the nuts left and right these last few weeks. I was planning on taking my son camping this weekend, but when everything hit the fan today had to bail on that as I was packing. Friiiiiiick. When it rains, it pours, huh?

We'll figure it out. We always do. But still annoying nevertheless.
    If your wife has an offer letting from her new employer stating her salary, that should be adequate for a car loan, if it comes to that. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I find ways to work Idi Amin into everyday conversation too.
    Harry's ur man... in the first person
    ​I am not in your hurry

Friiiiiiick.
    Sorry about your situation but this annoys the FUCK out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    the plumbers i've had to hire
    That reminds me of my last plumber hire a few years ago. Broken urinal at work wouldn't stop running, so I called the plumbing company we used. They said the earliest they'd be able to send someone was 9am the next day. No problem. I get a call maybe an hour later from their guy saying hey I'm just down the street and finished a job early so I can come over right now if that works. Sure thing! When he leaves he hands me a bill that includes a $150 emergency trip charge on it. Asshole. Figured I could get them to wipe the whole bill if I complained so I sent a letter along attached to my check which pointed out that was bullshit and if they cashed the check it would be the last time we would use them at our office or on any of our construction jobs. As I expected they returned the check with an apology. Fuckers....

Hardball.....

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    When he leaves he hands me a bill that includes a $150 emergency trip charge on it. Asshole.
    Woke up one morning last week and the furnace was out. Tried troubleshooting with no success. Called a few HVAC companies before I found one that said they MIGHT be able to get to me that day. I say ok and wait. Managed to fix the issue myself and had the phone in my hand to call them and cancel when the phone rings. It’s the tech saying he’s on his way over. I call him off, thinking that’s the end of it.

Today I got a bill in the mail for $140. Dispute is ongoing.

Tell that to the CBD folks. "Ow. I got an ant bite." "Oh, have you tried CBD oil on that?" "Man, this cold won't go away." "Oh, try out CBD oil. It totally cured my dog's cold."

The CBD craze is kind of surpassing the essential oil fad. Except now CBD shops are multiplying like rabbits like vape shops. And every other kind of business has signs that say "Yes! We have CBD products!"
    CBD has replaced acupuncture for this kind of thing where I live. Substitute ‘acupuncture’ for CBD in the above quote and that’s how it went in my town until CBD came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Woke up one morning last week and the furnace was out. Tried troubleshooting with no success. Called a few HVAC companies before I found one that said they MIGHT be able to get to me that day. I say ok and wait. Managed to fix the issue myself and had the phone in my hand to call them and cancel when the phone rings. It’s the tech saying he’s on his way over. I call him off, thinking that’s the end of it.

Yeah I had a guy show up totally unscheduled to do PM's on a boiler. We had turned the boiler off to do maintenance on another part of the building. Told him to come back in 2 days or later. Get billed a trip charge. Fuck you. Show up unscheduled and charge me when you can't do your work? Talked to the manager, got it dropped, but still....

My geriatric car decided to blow up today (still haven't gotten the verdict from the mechanic). I have no clue what the heck is wrong with it, though. Hopefully it's minor but the engine MIGHT have blown itself. I don't know since my wife was driving it to work and had it towed to the mechanic. Wife JUST started a new job and hasn't received her first paycheck yet (thus no paystubs) and I just lost mine so I think a car loan is likely out of the question for the moment and we're broke as balls since life's been kicking us in the nuts left and right these last few weeks. I was planning on taking my son camping this weekend, but when everything hit the fan today had to bail on that as I was packing. Friiiiiiick. When it rains, it pours, huh?

We'll figure it out. We always do. But still annoying nevertheless.
    I am sorry to hear this. Hey! at least your not broke and alone.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Shit that annoys you

We outsourced our phone system to a local IT company, and we were trying to find a way to accomplish some function (forget what) and one of my coworkers called the company to see if we had a certain module installed and if so, where the configuration instructions were in the shitty documentation.

A few days later got a bill for $40 for the technician’s 20 minutes. That annoyed the shit out of me. I told the president of the local IT company that we were a little surprised to get an invoice for what more or less amounted to a sales/relationship call, and he proceeded to lecture me on how business worked.

The kicker was we were getting ready to replace the entire system anyways (the module was to be a stop-gap). We spent six figures on a new system (ended up going in-house), and guess who didn’t get a chance to bid? Funny how business works.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    at least your not broke and alone.
    True that. We are happy, even through the storms. The family make me smile every day.

Dumbasses like Richard Westsr

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post

Dude, don't you know the good guy local contractors?

If Grand Lake Plumbing, fuck'em.

If B&J, kindly explain that you are not paying.

If someone else, PM me so I know who not to use.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Reviews in general.

I've been here at least 20 times and the food is still terrible.

orly?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

I like the one star reviews on Amazon where the person bitches because Amazon sent the wrong product or something. Hey, that really helps me decide if THIS product is any good!

Small world. Was going to make a post about reviews a few days ago. Someone here posted a link to a heater, looked ok but horrible reviews.

No science to it but my go to is to filter to read only 3 and 4 star reviews, seems to give most constructive intelligible information.

5 Stars have a lot of BS in them just like 1 and 2

“The box it came in was very lively and colorful.
    It was clearly marked that there was a product in it.
    I haven’t plugged it in yet, but I have supreme confidence that when I do, it will fucntikn duly as proclaimed”

What causes elastic to go bad? I have various pairs of old ski bibs hanging in the closet. I am cleaning out the closet, and one pair in particular that I haven't worn in a few years, the elastic is trashed. Like I tug on it and it just snap crackle pops and goes to shit. Hanging next to other stuff that has been fine for just as many years. Not like it was run through the dryer or been sitting out in the sun or anything.

Federal election (Canada) signs being placed on my property without authorization. Always seems to be those pesky blue signs.. Especially annoying after this party came to our door three separate times Friday afternoon/evening asking if we'd support them by displaying a sign, each time we firmly said no.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    What causes elastic to go bad? I have various pairs of old ski bibs hanging in the closet. I am cleaning out the closet, and one pair in particular that I haven't worn in a few years, the elastic is trashed. Like I tug on it and it just snap crackle pops and goes to shit. Hanging next to other stuff that has been fine for just as many years. Not like it was run through the dryer or been sitting out in the sun or anything.
    oxidation

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    oxidation
    So I should keep out oxygen? How's that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Federal election (Canada) signs being placed on my property without authorization. Always seems to be those pesky blue signs.. Especially annoying after this party came to our door three separate times Friday afternoon/evening asking if we'd support them by displaying a sign, each time we firmly said no.
    Left, came back, CPC replaced the sign I took down. Playing election sign whack-a-mole here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Left, came back, CPC replaced the sign I took down. Playing election sign whack-a-mole here.
    Get one of those Calvin pissing signs and mount above the offending party sign. I have prime corner real-estate and we've had a couple party reps try and place signs here. I just release the hound out of the yard and they don't stick around long.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Obesity.
    better answer

Those Xfinity turtle family commercials. Fuck.