Page 1348 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 ... LastLast
Results 33,676 to 33,700 of 46278
    Cottonwood cotton

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210504_175035.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	373535
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Nope, big ole nope.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    It’s very simple.

The right turning vehicle often blocks my view of traffic coming from the right. This makes my left turning movement more dangerous because I can’t see oncoming traffic in the manner the intersection was designed (sight distances) and I often end up missing opportunities to turn left. This of course only applies when cross traffic is not stop or signal controlled.

If traffic volumes are low, this is a non-issue as I will clear the intersection in very little time. If volume is high then the driver who is turning left will often have an obscured view to the right causing them to miss turning opportunities and maybe make a turn when there isn’t enough space.
    I guess I just don't have the same sense of ownership of the road.

When I turn left, the people turning on my right are usually pretty quick and sometimes synchronous when I turn left.

I'm referring to a relatively low traffic density situation.

I could see me reacting to higher density situations like you describe.

Anyway, no big deal.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

If there’s room, I’m turning right. I’m not waiting for traffic in both directions to clear up just so the car in front of me can turn left.
    Fear drivers need to make way for us folks who grew up in urban America. Or Europe. Or Asia.
    Fucking so much fear driving around here, one of the most common topics I listen to is how people “never get on that interstate with all those crazy trucks”. They routinely add 40% to their drives to take alternate routes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Nope, big ole nope.
    ?????
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    ?????
    Your cottonwood. It’s my kryptonite.

Are you talking about turning from the left lane on a road with two lanes going the same direction or moving right into the shoulder or bike lane to turn right?

The bottom line about all of this is that you are typically supposed to make your turn from the vehicle travel lane, not from the shoulder or bike lane or some other imaginary lane you have made up to suit your needs.
    In California, cars turning right should turn from the right edge of the roadway--that includes turning from the bike lane (that's why the solid line for a bike lane becomes a dashed line at intersections. It also includes turning from the lane in which cars are parked when it is possible to do so--usually cars are not allowed to park too close to the intersection. Turning from the bike lane is for the safety of cyclists--you should not leave them room to pull along side you on your right where you can clip them when you turn. They either wait behind you until you turn or pass you on your left. In one spot in Sacramento I ride in there is a marked right turn lane, to the left of that is a bike lane marked in green, and to the left of that the right-most through lane.

California Vehicle Code, Division 11, Chapter 6, section22100 a) (a) Right Turns. Both the approach for a right-hand turn and a right-hand turn shall be made as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway.

Not something I made up to suit my needs. That said, if I'm driving and I pass a bike close to my driveway on the right, I stop and wait in the traffic lane until the cyclist passes me on the right before turning into the driveway. I'd rather hold up the cars behind me then force a cyclist to have to stop or try to pass me on the left and get creamed by the car that's been tailgating me. I do admit that in deciding whether to stop and wait I take into consideration the amount of spandex they are wearing (a plus for women, a negative for men).

If he's on an e-mtn bike, feel free to run him over : )

It’s very simple.

The right turning vehicle often blocks my view of traffic coming from the right. This makes my left turning movement more dangerous because I can’t see oncoming traffic in the manner the intersection was designed (sight distances) and I often end up missing opportunities to turn left. This of course only applies when cross traffic is not stop or signal controlled.

If traffic volumes are low, this is a non-issue as I will clear the intersection in very little time. If volume is high then the driver who is turning left will often have an obscured view to the right causing them to miss turning opportunities and maybe make a turn when there isn’t enough space.
    That's it exactly.

Cottonwood cotton

Cottonwood jizz doesn't happen around here for a while longer. I freaking hate it.

Couple weeks ago after work, me and a guy were getting to our cars at about the same time. He opens his driver's door and it dings my passenger door. Gives me a "what's up?" head nod, hops in his car and takes off. Jerk.

Parked next to the same guy yesterday but on the opposite side. Get home and and notice some silver paint behind the driver's side sliding door and my wheel was scratched. Dude clearly cut his wheel too hard backing out and swiped my van. I check out his car this morning and sure enough there's a little damage to his bumper on the front passenger side and some blue/gray paint transfer. Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Couple weeks ago after work, me and a guy were getting to our cars at about the same time. He opens his driver's door and it dings my passenger door. Gives me a "what's up?" head nod, hops in his car and takes off. Jerk.

Parked next to the same guy yesterday but on the opposite side. Get home and and notice some silver paint behind the driver's side sliding door and my wheel was scratched. Dude clearly cut his wheel too hard backing out and swiped my van. I check out his car this morning and sure enough there's a little damage to his bumper on the front passenger side and some blue/gray paint transfer. Asshole.
    Wow. That is a guy who REALLY doesn't GAF. Any chance you have an old beater you can start bringing to work so you can start returning the favors? Play bumper cars, fling your door open as hard as possible, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Wow. That is a guy who REALLY doesn't GAF. Any chance you have an old beater you can start bringing to work so you can start returning the favors? Play bumper cars, fling your door open as hard as possible, etc.
    I did this once. Had an old Tacoma, we were in the truck, lady in a Jag hit my door and looked at us and shrugged.

I told my girlfriend to open her door and hit her car.

She opened to door as hard as she could, put a nice dent in both doors.

I looked at the Jag lady, shrugged and drove off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cottonwood cotton

What about felting some Christmas...er, holiday ornaments from it?

Btw, are all you people in UT high or just a bunch of morons? For fucks sake this is the second time I've ordered something from UT in the last month and they shipped me the wrong shit. Like not even slightly wrong. This time I ordered a baseball helmet and got these.

Name:	IMG_20210505_083616158.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	906.2 KB 
ID:	373552
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

You’re going to really appreciate those next winter.
    I still call it The Jake.

With my Uggs?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    haha! At 16 years old and 195k miles, technically my van's a beater. A well taken care of beater that deserves justice.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    haha! At 16 years old and 195k miles, technically my van's a beater. A well taken care of beater that deserves justice.

give em the ole car bomb
    swing your fucking sword.

This is the PERFECT dog shit under the door handle moment. This place is slipping

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    This is the PERFECT dog shit under the door handle moment. This place is slipping
    times have changed. the car bomb is in vogue.

I might have a toilet bomb brewing.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    times have changed. the car bomb is in vogue.
    Sorta like Ireland in the 1970's?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I find the Troubles to be one of the most fascinating bits of history that gets overlooked by many.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    No need to go that far, Cleveland in the 70s.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm annoyed when I'm in the right turn lane at a stop sign or red light and the guy in the through lane pulls up too far so I can't see cars coming from the left.

(Not really)