Page 1462 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 ... LastLast
Results 36,526 to 36,550 of 46062
    Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    But you're going snowmobiling. Life is good, yeah?
    And you didn't lose control of your rig or flip your trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    "The profitability of these call centers are continuing to decrease meaning we are paying people less and less to work this shitty job, so they all suck now, and we don't give a shit about them either. Sorry for the inconvenience."
    And “we’ll continue to break into our shitty on hold music every thirty seconds with a lame apology until you can’t stand it any more and hang up while screaming a blazing stream of profanity.”
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Fed X has my skis. They said they would arrive the 4th. I was planning on skiing the 5th-8th with them. Checked tracking everyday and it showed nothing other than origin in SLC until today. Today it shows my skis are in Iowa out for delivery even though I live in Michigan. Good times.
    Fed X has my boots. They should have delivered yesterday to CO, but they're still on their Tour of Oregon 2022:

1/4 - Troutdale, OR
    1/5 - Troutdale, OR
    1/5 - Corbett, OR
    1/6 - Wasco, OR
    1/7 - Pendleton, OR

Looking forward to see where they're at tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    And “we’ll continue to break into our shitty on hold music every thirty seconds with a lame apology until you can’t stand it any more and hang up while screaming a blazing stream of profanity.”
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I was in a queue (Bitdefender, BTW) the other day, I kid you not, where the message was repeated after about 4 seconds of "hold" music. The entire loop was like ~24 seconds total.

I've seen crazy loops but that was the most extreme example ever. I was on hold for an 1:20, and I calculate that I heard that "high call volume" message like 240 times.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    I was in a queue (Bitdefender, BTW) the other day, I kid you not, where the message was repeated after about 4 seconds of "hold" music. The entire loop was like ~24 seconds total.

I've seen crazy loops but that was the most extreme example ever. I was on hold for an 1:20, and I calculate that I heard that "high call volume" message like 240 times.
    There are few things that grate on one’s nerves more than this. Try calling home fucking depot and you get that annoying phone voice guy giving you the Covid talk, the children are our future builders talk and goddammit I wanna jump out my window.

Edit to add: Yes I understand these are very very much first world problems and I have an extremely short fuse. All that not with standing

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Blown out trailer tire. I've been waiting months for them to come back in stock at etrailer. Now I have to put a shit spare on and I'll have no spare.

Lovely way to start the morning
    Why not just buy two LT truck tires in an appropriate weight rating for your trailer, and use those instead of ST tires?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Corporate voice mail messages that have begun with “We are experiencing greater than normal call volume ...” for the past two fucking years! Greater than what ? 2019?

They really need to work on coming up with better excuses.
    Now, now. Their menu options have recently changed. It's probably just people calling in again and again after failing to navigate the new menu maze

But you're going snowmobiling. Life is good, yeah?
    no it's not, he has a missing tire did you look at the pic and see he said a proper spare is out of stock? Have you ever changed a trailer spare on a busy road? Not fun.

People who say "could be worse!" to any problem is annoying as hell IMO. Especially in a "Shit that annoys you" thread - this is exactly where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    There are few things that grate on one’s nerves more than this. Try calling home fucking depot and you get that annoying phone voice guy giving you the Covid talk, the children are our future builders talk and goddammit I wanna jump out my window.

Edit to add: Yes I understand these are very very much first world problems and I have an extremely short fuse. All that not with standing
    You can call Home Depot? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    And you didn't lose control of your rig or flip your trailer.
    RLY; calling that a "blow out" is a severe under-sell.

Three weeks in a row recycling pickup has been cancelled. Christmas, Omicron, and now snow in the mid-Atlantic have been the excuses by DPW.

The real annoyance here is having to use the drop-off site tomorrow morning and wait in line like a fucking plebe.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Three weeks in a row recycling pickup has been cancelled. Christmas, Omicron, and now snow in the mid-Atlantic have been the excuses by DPW.
    We had a stretch of 6 weeks of no recycling back in 2006 due to a series of storms in December. We had just SHITLOADS all over the place.

Photo of kids working in one of those storms:

Name:  blizzard2.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  98.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    no it's not, he has a missing tire did you look at the pic and see he said a proper spare is out of stock? Have you ever changed a trailer spare on a busy road? Not fun.

People who say "could be worse!" to any problem is annoying as hell IMO. Especially in a "Shit that annoys you" thread - this is exactly where it belongs.
    Actually it did brighten my mood, especially the comment that the trailer could have lost control which would have been worse.

And yes the sled laps made up for the bullshit tire situation. Went to 5 shops along my drive. No one has one. Amazon it is

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    RLY; calling that a "blow out" is a severe under-sell.
    I used to have a fender. I'm sure the guy behind me saw it go airborne

I don't think you positive-take guys have what it takes to be truly annoyed.

My wife does that shit all the time, it drives me nuts. "Well sure, we wrecked the car, the dog's dead, and we're bankrupt, but we're still alive and the sun's coming out, let's be positive!"

Annoying as fuck.

Wrong thread, Jasper.

Shit that annoys you

I’ll be shocked if I don’t get COVID from the 1:15-1:30 hour wait in a line indoors for my season pass pickup today. What the actual fuck!?! There is not a single possible reasonable reason they weren’t able to pre-print them. Best part was I went up last weekend (no snow, so no skiing) and guest services was closed, despite claiming to be open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VTskibum; 01-08-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Wrong thread, Jasper.
    No, it's annoying, but I don't want a divorce. This week.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post

But he DID go snowmobiling. I went to work. I would trade changing tire and snowmobiling for work.

Also. It curbside tire, so not as bad to change.

But he DID go snowmobiling. I went to work. I would trade changing tire and snowmobiling for work.

Also. It curbside tire, so not as bad to change.
    Shit that annoys you happens in triplicate.

Everyone is on edge or sick. The tension is completely visible. Another damn round of this shit is annoying as fuck.
    Bong hits, everyone needs bong hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Bong hits, everyone needs bong hits.
    If I could get a doctor to prescribe that for my at work frustrations I'd be a happy and more productive person.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post

The real annoyance here is having to use the drop-off site tomorrow morning and wait in line like a fucking plebe.
    Same here; recycling, trash and green. Holidays and storms. Recycling still hasn’t been picked up since before Xmas. But the PU really fucked up the management of the issue….

They pushed out a notice that you could put your overflow in the alley with your cans. So everybody stacked bags in the alleys. In addition to the missed pickups, Everyone had extra recycling (gift wrap) and extra green (trees and greenery). So when the trucks could finally get through they loaded up quick and missed about half their route. Now everyone’s shit has been in the alleys for two weeks and the raccoons make a pass through every night and rip it up… it looks like Dharavi Mumbai.

PU should have just assigned some dates and ground rules for free drop off at the local transfer station…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA