Page 764 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 ... LastLast
Results 19,076 to 19,100 of 46232
    I went a couple times like '88 and '90 or so, yeah it was out of hand in the infield no doubt.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Preakness was a good party back in the day.
    I went one year, and I think it was the last or one of the last years they let you on the infield. Filled a backpack with a 30 rack of bud light and a camels back full of gin and tonic. Pretty sure I forgot to bring any food.

Took a party bus up from DC early in the AM. Everything is a bit hazy other than I vividly remember watching dudes run across the tops of the pets potties, and losing a shitload of money on the races.

At one point my roommate demanded I try to punch him in the face, so I lit him up and gave him a real big black eye. He worked for the State department and I think he had to sign a paper saying he was in a karate class or something so his security clearance wasn’t put under review.

Good times.

I went to Gold Cup a few times. It was basically an excuse to tailgate hard for eight hours. Not sure I ever saw a horse.
    Last edited by Mazderati; 05-05-2018 at 10:19 PM.

Mariachi bands. Kill me now. Thank god Cinco de Mayo comes only one time a year.

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    Mariachi bands. Kill me now. Thank god Cinco de Mayo comes only one time a year.
    I enjoyed the band wandering through Squaw village today.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    whether a surgical case is called an emergency depends on whether or not the surgeon wants to bump a case on the schedule or wants to sleep until morning or whether or not he has a tee time to make, or on what the OR schedule is like the next day, oh, and whether it is actually an emergency or not.
    Not surprised. Same same with a lot of other professions. And ya, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I went one year, and I think it was the last or one of the last years they let you on the infield. Filled a backpack with a 30 rack of bud light and a camels back full of gin and tonic. Pretty sure I forgot to bring any food.

Took a party bus up from DC early in the AM. Everything is a bit hazy other than I vividly remember watching dudes run across the tops of the pets potties, and losing a shitload of money on the races.

At one point my roommate demanded I try to punch him in the face, so I lit him up and gave him a real big black eye. He worked for the State department and I think he had to sign a paper saying he was in a karate class or something so his security clearance wasn’t put under review.

Good times.
    That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Damn Bobby, you see more of that kind of egregious parking in a week than I see in a couple months. Must be a PNW thing?
    Passive aggressive behavior seems to be endemic just about everywhere I went in the PNW. Much less among skier population. None existent among IRL Maggots ime
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Fashionably late for a horse race

I laughed so damn hard.

I always figured it was a mid Atlantic/Midwest thing. Dated a girl from Maryland once and her family acted like it was New Years and the Super Bowl combined. I asked what the Preakness was and they looked at me like I was dropping f bombs.

We had a 150 acre horse farm and never cared. I don’t get it but whatever gets people blowing their money I guess.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    why do you hate America?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    for the love of god no

Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The people who watch it. The people who hate it generally don't. We were invited to a Derby party by some neighbors from Kentucky--mint juleps. We came fashionably late and the race was over. So was the booze. They never invited us again.

Still dealing with insurance companies and the hospital 2 years and 10 months after my wife delivered our son.

Loud,fat, ugly, pale white, big mouth Americans here in Crete greece

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Still dealing with insurance companies and the hospital 2 years and 10 months after my wife delivered our son.
    That is retarded. Not only for you, but what a waste of time for the hospital that is trying to get it's money. Some things in life should be non profit, like health care. Give everyone basic but decent HC coverage. Want the Cadillac plan because you just can't wait for anything? Then pay extra for a for profit insurance plan rider.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

It was supposed to be all worked out before hand and we paid our share in advance in order to save 10%

Nothing unexpected happened, no complications, extra problems or procedures. But every single charge has been flagged.

cheap seats here we come.

Looks like the seat on Kingda Ka at Six Flags, but that ride lasts 50 seconds so no problem. Sitting on one of those for much more would not be good.

Pistachios that you can't open.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^ maul

I've been away from youtube for a bit. They added ads in the midst of full albums. Fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Pistachios that you can't open.
    yesss. I love pistachios and hate when you get them like that. Broken a few nails trying to get a tiny little piece out.

Shit that annoys you

I throw a Kentucky Derby party every year and it’s fucking awesome. Day drinking, exploitation of animals, gambling, sun, girls in dresses. People pretend it’s some bourgeoisie event but 99% of the fan base was one bad choice from a lifetime of nascar fandom.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Preakness was a good party back in the day.

Went there all through the 90’s.....had a blast. 100,000 people in the infield. Could bring in whatever u could carry at the back gate. Always found a spot on the last turn.... lots of broads showing their tits...

We would bring a baby pool...blow it up/fill it with ice/tons of beers. At the end we would pour out all the water and make a slip and slid into our piles of empty beer cans.

Had my bachelor party there in 99. As we are walking out, my dad puts his arm around me and says how much fun he had....good day for the old man.

The last year we went I think was 2001. The crowd became much different. More aggressive, full of scum bags starting fights/throwing full beer cans at people, etc.

I don’t think the Preakness is the same now. Not sure they let the 100,000 in the infield anymore.??..or let you party like in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I throw a Kentucky Derby party every year and it’s fucking awesome. Day drinking, exploitation of animals, gambling, sun, girls in dresses. People pretend it’s some bourgeoisie event but 99% of the fan base was one bad choice from a lifetime of nascar fandom.
    My mom won Best Dressed at a party yesterday - an antique sterling mint julep set.

"Yeah, it was a big party."

To OP:

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile
    Very disappointing day at the races
    Went with a large party on our annual visit to Royal Ascot for the races at this time every year. Extremely surprise to see how low the crowd was, could have been the weather or could have been level of service at the Bars on the ground floor of the grandstand.

It was abysmal to say the least.

Usually, the service is slow due to the high volume of people wanting to be served, but this year it was different. Even with hardly anyone in front of us as we approached the bars, it was blatantly apparent that the staff behind the bar had little or no knowledge or training as to how to serve a drink, even to the point of which type of glass each different type of drink should be served in.

There were plenty of bodies behind each bar, none of which had a clue as to what to do!

Considering the overall high cost of drinks we felt it was an embarrassment to the good name of Ascot.

My party will have to think long and hard before going again !

Show less
    Ask Des C about Ascot Racecourse
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...e_England.html