Page 979 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 ... LastLast
Results 24,451 to 24,475 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Ski patrol lapping hike back terrain with a snowmobile...for fun. Not doing any kind of work, just making turns. These are chutes that are really only good for a few people to ski then they are jacked, so patrol tracks them out before opening them, then opens them and continues to track them out with a snowmobile while the rest of us "Civilians" have a 20-30 minute hike. Annoying.

Also annoying that they just bomb and cut the shit out of them, knocking all the snow off and exposing a ton of rocks. No actual ski packing, boot packing, or anything to try and keep some snow around. ARG!
    Scout offenders and engage... start with a six pack and a box of hot hands after determining there's no legit reason for their asshattery
    ​I am not in your hurry

People rocketing down cat tracks like idiots weaving through tiny kids.

I really don't think this is a get off my lawn moment. Maybe I'm fooling myself. Anyway, on the return cat track at Jane this weekend that connects Pano lift to MJ base, there's a ton of people heading down at end of day. Tons and tons of little kids, like 3 years old to 8 years old little. Total self-involved asshats flying down the run weaving in and out of people, ripping right next to these little kids, racing. I don't want to go slow on a track either, but good lord, you are putting kids in danger. Stay under control. One dude squeezed between a sign and a 3 year old with about 6" (literally) to spare.

Pissed me off. Pissed me off before I had kids, pissed me off when my kids were little, and pisses me off now that they're older. My kids have gotten many an earful from me about keeping the people around them safe.

Fool around, have fun, go faster than traffic, whatever, but racing each other is a line too far.

On a traverse the other day I come up on some dude just camped out in the middle. It’s a pow day so the traverse is 2 skis wide. Dude in front of me goes around him, ducking a rope in the process.

Dickhead stopped in the traverse feels the need to holler at him for ducking the rope. Rope ducker fires back with, “then get the fuck outta the way!”

I debated staying to see if a fight ensued but I slipped by as they were verbally accosting each other.

Slightly annoying, yet amusing. Always enjoying seeing a ski resort altercation go down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Online product reviews. So many are woefully inadequate. Why even bother if you're not going to give a detailed description/assessment of the product you purchased and how you did or didn't use it esp. if there are multiple options?

I know... dead horse but it still gets me every time.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    If the bill comes to 9.63 and I give you a 20 and you come back with a 10, a quarter, a dime and three pennies you are getting 37 cents for a tip because I'm not waiting for you to bring more change.

Sorry.
    Sounds to me like you are 1 penny richer and over time this server will lose his/her establishment a lot of money with that bad math

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Online product reviews. So many are woefully inadequate. Why even bother if you're not going to give a detailed description/assessment of the product you purchased and how you did or didn't use it esp. if there are multiple options?

I know... dead horse but it still gets me every time.
    Same for recipe reviews. 90% of them are along the lines of, "looks great, can't wait to try".

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Same for recipe reviews. 90% of them are along the lines of, "looks great, can't wait to try".
    Either that or, “great pizza recipe! I swapped out the cheese for lettuce, the dough for cucumbers and the sauce for ranch dressing”

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Now that right there is douchetastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Either that or, “great pizza recipe! I swapped out the cheese for lettuce, the dough for cucumbers and the sauce for ranch dressing”
    LOL!!! True-true!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Restaurant reviews that include a exhaustive description of how they ended up at the place.

People post up on bike forums asking for suggestions on this or that. The most common response: "I use ___ and I love it!!!" Super useful response!

FKNA my local news is doing a story on "how to clean out your linen closet." Really? I'm thinking if you need to be told how to do that you've got bigger problems that should be addressed first. Christo!

Serenity now.... serenity now......

FKNA my local news is doing a story on "how to clean out your linen closet." Really? I'm thinking if you need to be told how to do that you've got bigger problems that should be addressed first. Christo!

Then you probably aren't a fan of this lady, who seems to be getting a lot of attention at the moment.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/g...rie-kondo.html

Hah! That almost sounds viral

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Then you probably aren't a fan of this lady, who seems to be getting a lot of attention at the moment.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/g...rie-kondo.html

Yeah no. Total BS.

The first thing I do when I pull into a gas station is pop the hood so I can check my oil (20 yr old Toyota)

Most often I forget to check the oil and drive off with the hood unlatched. It's not noticable till I hit highway speeds and the hood becomes an airfoil and there's nowhere to pull over to close it. Then I forget to latch it when I reach my destination and the process repeats.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    The first thing I do when I pull into a gas station is pop the hood so I can check my oil (20 yr old Toyota)

Most often I forget to check the oil and drive off with the hood unlatched. It's not noticable till I hit highway speeds and the hood becomes an airfoil and there's nowhere to pull over to close it. Then I forget to latch it when I reach my destination and the process repeats.
    I had an 1987 Subaru with a shitty hood latch. I forgot to close it all the way after an oil change; a few days later the hood blew open at 70mph, wrapping up and over the car and around the windshield. I had to peer through a tiny gap underneath so I could get off the freeway and into the center median, in heavy traffic. Scared the fuck out of me. Now I am extra careful to make sure things are latched.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I had an 1987 Subaru with a shitty hood latch. I forgot to close it all the way after an oil change; a few days later the hood blew open at 70mph, wrapping up and over the car and around the windshield. I had to peer through a tiny gap underneath so I could get off the freeway and into the center median, in heavy traffic. Scared the fuck out of me. Now I am extra careful to make sure things are latched.
    I always got a chuckle at the regulations not requiring a hood, but if you have one, a secondary latching mechanism was mandatory. Crazy that you had a double failure!

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post

I think you need to cut a hole in your hood so you can just reach in and check it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think you need to cut a hole in your hood so you can just reach in and check it.
    That strikes me as kind of genius.

and if it flips up you can see

Double FKN genius
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's a Toyota. I could probably get away with never checking it. Drain and fill annually.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by ElToroPequeño View Post
    Sounds to me like you are 1 penny richer and over time this server will lose his/her establishment a lot of money with that bad math
    This had me chuckling.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    and if it flips up you can see

Double FKN genius
    This made me laugh like a fool on the ferry.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Shit that annoys you

Tales of woe that start like this (from our national news outlet - bet you can’t guess which way they lean):

The night Jérôme Huard found out he had lost several thousand dollars he had entrusted to a company claiming to be an online investment firm, he was so depressed he locked himself in his room, turned off the lights and tried to sleep.

"I can tell you, it was a hard night," said Huard...

So depressed you went to sleep, you say?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

So... It doesn't spark joy?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy