Page 1214 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 ... LastLast
Results 30,326 to 30,350 of 46225
    Ouch. That's no fun.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Ouch. That's no fun.
    Yea-thought I was dealing with the stress of it all like a champ but apparently my body thought otherwise
    skid luxury

I cringe at the thought of shingles. Hope they resolve quickly

Sorry, b-bear. Wifey had it a few years ago, but not a debilitating case. I had it when I was 14, which was pretty rare. Hang in there!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Guy in front of me at the butcher today coughed into his hand then proceeded to rub the counter with his hand and touch just about everything he could.
    seems like a dangerous thing to do in front of a guy with a meat cleaver.

Newer vehicles without tow hooks on the frame. WTF, how are you supposed to get towed out of a snowbank if you don't have somewhere to hook a chain or strap?

Did the tow truck drivers lobby the vehicle makers to not include these on vehicles anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Newer vehicles without tow hooks on the frame. WTF, how are you supposed to get towed out of a snowbank if you don't have somewhere to hook a chain or strap?

Did the tow truck drivers lobby the vehicle makers to not include these on vehicles anymore?
    Had to help pull a neighbor's vehicle out of the fucking GUTTER (shitty tires) and ran into this. It was quite irritating having to crawl in the snow/slush to wrap the chain around something that looked sturdy enough to tow from. And get this - it was a fucking JEEP.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I get 7 weeks a yr and it doesn’t carry over so I use it
    Of course they prefer us to not take more than 2 weeks in a row but sometimes we stretch it. But lots of powder days and long weekends all summer #shitthatdoesntannoyme
    You can’t really chk out of my job for more than a day anyway tho so I guess it’s rarely ever fully vacation but I’ll take it.
    The seven weeks bit sounds pretty awesome, but the fact you can't check out sucks. I'd hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Had to help pull a neighbor's vehicle out of the fucking GUTTER (shitty tires) and ran into this. It was quite irritating having to crawl in the snow/slush to wrap the chain around something that looked sturdy enough to tow from. And get this - it was a fucking JEEP.
    On a Jeep? Wow. That IS pathetic. SMH.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    On a Jeep? Wow. That IS pathetic. SMH.

To be fair - it was a SHITTY non-Jeep Jeep... but still had a "Jeep" badge on it. It was a pile of shit.

Other than the Wranglers, and possibly the Grand Cherokee, the entire rest of the Jeep lineup is a bunch of crap. I would be surprised to see tow hooks on a Compass or Renegade.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    To be fair - it was a SHITTY non-Jeep Jeep... but still had a "Jeep" badge on it. It was a pile of shit.
    Ah. One of the Fiat based models I presume?

Ah. One of the Fiat based models I presume?

Yeah. It was a POS. Shit - it was difficult to find ANYTHING to wrap a chain around.

A monkey can paint better than my neighbor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	323195

How's the food from that drive-thru?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A monkey can paint better than my neighbor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0327.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	323195
    Maybe partially colorblind
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

A true patriot and truly shitty painter.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    How's the food from that drive-thru?
    Perhaps a Bob's Big Boy fan?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    When someone tries to communicate with me by every means available virtually simultaneously. If you call my office, call my cell phone, send an email and a text all within 60 seconds, it does not speed my response.
    My company uses a notification system that can send to any device, and require acknowledgement/response. The idea is choose the device based on urgency. For something that's not urgent, send to email first. If no response, send a text. If no response to that, phone call to land line or cell phone. Only in the case of an emergency do you hit all of those devices at once. But for some reason they often do just that even for routine notifications. You're sitting there trying to work and suddenly email pings new message, text arrives and just as you pick up the phone to look at the text both your cell and desk phone start ringing. It's really obnoxious and a waste of everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've heard many people at work saying they need to take vacation because otherwise they'd lose it. We're allowed to carry up to two years worth, so for people who've been at the company for 20 years that's eight weeks of vacation. I cannot fathom why you would choose to accumulate eight weeks of vacation.
    I just had to take a couple days PTO to avoid capping out and missing further accruals. Get 4 wks/year and can accumulate and carry forward double that. I normally use 4 weeks or so every year but accumulated a ton a few years ago when I was crazy busy and unable to take time off. Shit happens. It's hard to take more than a week off at once and doing that I have to work ahead before the trip and catch up after. So not much point except that I can get away and do something I can't do in a 3-5 day trip. So I mostly take 1-2 days off at a time. Its surprisingly hard to reduce the accrual that way.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    My company uses a notification system that can send to any device, and require acknowledgement/response. The idea is choose the device based on urgency. For something that's not urgent, send to email first. If no response, send a text. If no response to that, phone call to land line or cell phone. Only in the case of an emergency do you hit all of those devices at once. But for some reason they often do just that even for routine notifications. You're sitting there trying to work and suddenly email pings new message, text arrives and just as you pick up the phone to look at the text both your cell and desk phone start ringing. It's really obnoxious and a waste of everyone's time.
    Haha. Sounds like WUPHF from the Office:

All the sanctimonious armchair "heroes" I'm seeing on social media lately. I have never seen so many people being so high and mighty, constantly admonishing others, while loudly proclaiming how awesome they are because THEY'VE been self-quarantining for weeks on end and proud to do so. 10/10 of them have been your stereotypical "Karen." Pretty sure they REALLY want to ask to see your manager.

Gotta love how many people act like they're such heroes, all from the comfort of their air conditioned home, munching on ice cream bars and bonbons all day binging Netflix. While not even giving a shout out to the people on our current front lines, our medical personnel. THEY deserve big time kudos these days. Along with truck drivers, store stockers, and everyone else working their asses off to keep our society's wheels turning right now. Not Karens, those pompous bitches. Lol.

All the sanctimonious armchair "heroes" I'm seeing on social media lately. I have never seen so many people being so high and mighty, constantly admonishing others, while loudly proclaiming how awesome they are because THEY'VE been self-quarantining for weeks on end and proud to do so. 10/10 of them have been your stereotypical "Karen." Pretty sure they REALLY want to ask to see your manager.

Gotta love how many people act like they're such heroes, all from the comfort of their air conditioned home, munching on ice cream bars and bonbons all day binging Netflix. While not even giving a shout out to the people on our current front lines, our medical personnel. THEY deserve big time kudos these days. Along with truck drivers, store stockers, and everyone else working their asses off to keep our society's wheels turning right now. Not Karens, those pompous bitches. Lol.
    Ha! Outside from this place I don’t interact on social media aside from lurking but I’ve got one classmate from dentistry school that is exactly this. I’m so tempted to break my self-imposed ban on posting just to tell her she should back away from the internet for an hour or two.

But then I’d miss 5-12 posts of her self immolating in the name of e-shaming for COVID.

G&Ts before Easter.

Sacrilege.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    G&Ts before Easter.

Sacrilege.
    Once lilys start popping it's G&T season.

Did you ask Lily first?

Does she approve of your white shoes, white belt and plaid golf Bermuda shorts before Easter too?

Sacrilege.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<