Page 893 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 ... LastLast
Results 22,301 to 22,325 of 46281

Thread: Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ok, I have one.
    You know that horrible oscillating sound when you only have the passenger windows open?
    WTF...it happens on all models of cars, from 10k to $150k.
    Haven't engineers been working on this problem long enough to get somewhere?
    There is no living thing I would forgive for making me endure that sound.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Fkn doctors have no sense of anyone else’s time. My appointment was at 2. They told me to be there at 145 to do paperwork I’d already done. I was told it was a short consultation that should take 15 minutes. I needed to pick up my kid st school at 330. No problem, I can go to the optometrist to pick up my new glasses and go to the bank on the way to get him. So I get there at 145 and they take 20 minutes to figure out that I’ve already done the paperwork, so we’re already 5 minutes late. I let them know my plan at 215. At 230 I remind them that I have other things to do. At 245 they tell me it will be just another minute. At 300 I get to see the doctor and it takes over 20 minutes for the consult. So not only am I unable to pick up my glasses, I’m scrambling to pick up my kid. Then I have to scramble to the bank to get cash for his music lessons. We get to the drum lesson on time somehow and I sit and wait for 1/2 hour, then drive to drop him off at an hourlong guitar lesson. I call the optometrist and they say they’ll stay open late for me to grab my glasses, it should only take a few minutes. So I go and it takes another 45 minutes so I’m scrambling again to pick my kid up on time.

On the brighter side, my son gets VIP treatment at the local ramen joint, so we walk up to a waitlist and get seated right away.

And I got my glasses so I can finally see distance.
    After 18 years working as a PA in a cardiology clinic, my wife finally called it quits. They were double and triple booking her schedule and patients would sometimes wait an hour or two to be seen. She went as fast as she could, ate lunch in the elevator (sometimes), but was always behind. Some of her patients drove a couple of hours to get to her so being seen late was a big deal for them. The huge healthcare provider she worked for was and still is all about the money and the bottom line. She tried for years to get it fixed to no avail. So she quit and works at a medical spa and sees patients on time. More money, less work and way less drama. I feel bad for her former patients, it was a bummer for them to lose her. Pretty sure this is par fore the course around the country. Pretty sad really. Not even the doctors have very much control anymore.

People who drive after sunset on rural highways with their lights off. Bonus points if you can guess what type of vehicle it always is.

Bank of America annoys me, ...hugely
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    People who drive after sunset on rural highways with their lights off. Bonus points if you can guess what type of vehicle it always is.
    well prius drivers are the most annoying but they seem less rural highways so i have no idea

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Ford Ranger.

Ford Rangers annoy me.

Sonata?

Something British from the '70s and 80's?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Solstice?

When do we find out who guessed correctly?

Iceberg stumps: small stumps with big root balls. "Should take a half hour to pull it, eh???" Nope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5509.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	247645

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    When do we find out who guessed correctly?
    And what do we win?

People who start contests and don't define how many bonus points will be awarded to the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Bank of America annoys me, ...hugely
    Ha! Suffice it to say, me too.

(I started to write a long post about my grievance with them, but decided no one should have to suffer reading that.)

FB, in general but lately they won't let me see posts in my feed unless I add more friends. I don't have more than a handful of FB friends, most of my feed are businesses I've "liked" (outdoor stuff, local stuff, cooking stuff, animal stuff). I used to see all kinds of things, I could scroll down forever and see posts from the pages I've liked but now I can only scroll down maybe 5 posts before I get this notice from FB and I can't go any further until I pay the price and add more friends. It doesn't work to refresh or close it. The notice still comes up after only a few posts from the pages I follow.

Name:  Fuckin' FB.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  21.2 KB

I don't want more friends. I want my businesses/local interest/animal stuff. WTF? It's like they are holding my feed hostage until I click on some suggested "friend."

What?!?! That's crazy. First I've seen of that msg. Great, it's gonna start another wave of copy and paste spams

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    FB, in general but lately they won't let me see posts in my feed unless I add more friends. I don't have more than a handful of FB friends, most of my feed are businesses I've "liked" (outdoor stuff, local stuff, cooking stuff, animal stuff). I used to see all kinds of things, I could scroll down forever and see posts from the pages I've liked but now I can only scroll down maybe 5 posts before I get this notice from FB and I can't go any further until I pay the price and add more friends. It doesn't work to refresh or close it. The notice still comes up after only a few posts from the pages I follow.

I don't want more friends. I want my businesses/local interest/animal stuff. WTF? It's like they are holding my feed hostage until I click on some suggested "friend."
    That is Fucked Up.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

wow that's nuts. russians!

They announced that they were shifting away from unsolicited posts from businesses showing up in your news feed and trying to encourage more friend to friend traffic. Maybe this is part of that? They took a hit from a loss of advertising revenue by doing this, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Ha! Suffice it to say, me too.

(I started to write a long post about my grievance with them, but decided no one should have to suffer reading that.)
    I closed my accounts there awhile ago, I was there dealing with a clients check, their nickel and dime charges for everything and poor customer service doesn’t want to make me go in one again unless I’m robbing it
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

You don't rob BoA, BoA robs you.......

Another automobile one...American cars that have the gas tank on the passenger side of the car. What the fuck is up with that? Maybe if you have someone you trust with your credit card ridin' bitch...but otherwise, big PITA.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

You could move to Jersey and then that wouldn't be a problem. I got that goin for me.

Seems like as good of a reason as any.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident