Page 1190 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 ... LastLast
Results 29,726 to 29,750 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I'm going to hire you to be my boss, I like your approach. Bet you wouldn't feed me chicken fingers either.

Of note, I'm less pissed because the data is actually pretty damn good. But still, I won't make it to the bar until 6:30 with these shenanigans...
    You should have them hold the meeting at Shenanigans.
    Datasets are better with flair
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Excellent humblebrag OG.
    I wish. Neither one ever got close to MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    You should have them hold the meeting at Shenanigans.
    Datasets are better with flair
    You mean that place out by the highway with the goofy shit on the walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    More importantly, how do you cut them to be toasted?
    Fer crying out loud they're not English!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I had to google to see if it existed, and it surely does:

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just the muffin tops, please. Thank Elaine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wow. That is truly amazing. Just the top
    Yeah these have been around for a while. On a serious note, as a baker, I can't see how they would be very good. You need the whole muffin to achieve proper moistness. These seem like they would be dry muffins or I guess fluffy cookies.

Just had a Morning Glory and it was glorious! Pineapple, coconut, walnuts, carrots apple, raisins, cinnamon. Oh-so-yummy!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Just had a Morning Glory and it was glorious! Pineapple, coconut, walnuts, carrots apple, raisins, cinnamon. Oh-so-yummy!
    Those things must make you take a shit big enough to bring a tear to your eye. Hello fiber.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Those things must make you take a shit big enough to bring a tear to your eye. Hello fiber.
    Well now there's a picture. Not an issue for me but YMMV

They are a lot like carrot cake in consistency.

Apple (1 granny smith) and carrots (1.5c) are grated. Coconut (sweetened) and walnuts (1/4c each) are toasted and get processed with flour (11.25oz), sugar (5.25oz), salt (3/4tsp), baking powder (1/2 tsp)/soda (1.5tsp) and cinnamon (1tsp). Pineapple is both "fresh" (1 sm can crushed) and dried (3/4c chopped fine). Grated apple and crushed pineapple get pressed until almost dry then the juice is reduced on the stove to 1/4c and added back. 1c golden raisins, 3 eggs and 4tbl unsalted butter (melted), 1 tsp vanilla. 350 for 24-28 mins rotating half way through. Perfection.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

dam kid ate my pizza.... what the hell am I going to have for lunch? grrrrrrrr

My current job

Quote Originally Posted by Sobaca View Post
    My current job
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Well now there's a picture. Not an issue for me but YMMV

They are a lot like carrot cake in consistency.

Apple (1 granny smith) and carrots (1.5c) are grated. Coconut (sweetened) and walnuts (1/4c each) are toasted and get processed with flour (11.25oz), sugar (5.25oz), salt (3/4tsp), baking powder (1/2 tsp)/soda (1.5tsp) and cinnamon (1tsp). Pineapple is both "fresh" (1 sm can crushed) and dried (3/4c chopped fine). Grated apple and crushed pineapple get pressed until almost dry then the juice is reduced on the stove to 1/4c and added back. 1c golden raisins, 3 eggs and 4tbl unsalted butter (melted), 1 tsp vanilla. 350 for 24-28 mins rotating half way through. Perfection.
    Wow those sound really good. I never liked coconut as a kid and now love it and love all nuts other then the male nuts.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Sobaca View Post
    My current job
    X100

And, my fucking ignorant redneck hillbilly coworkers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

plastiglomerate annoys me

as for the ign'nt hill-jack co-workers: try to remember that "Every person you meet is fighting a battle that you know nothing about. Be kind to all people. Always." Easier said than done, for me at least. But it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Choss Jonger, Sr. View Post
    plastiglomerate annoys me

as for the ign'nt hill-jack co-workers: try to remember that "Every person you meet is fighting a battle that you know nothing about. Be kind to all people. Always." Easier said than done, for me at least. But it helps.
    As long as they stop voting against their own best interests, and the best interests of the country and the whole freaking planet, i.e. tRump/Republican, I will give them all the slack in the world.

parody threads
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    parody threads
    Thank you. Someone had to say it. I was have flashbacks to telemarktips circa 2002. Fucking stop.

Those Xfinity turtle ads. They're still on! I dont get it. Really weird. I mean, turtles? And the only way the kid is made cool is they put a backward baseball cap and headphones on him. But, he's still an ugly turtle. And he's always hanging with his ugly turtle parents, talking about his cable service. Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Those Xfinity turtle ads. They're still on! I dont get it. Really weird. I mean, turtles? And the only way the kid is made cool is they put a backward baseball cap and headphones on him. But, he's still an ugly turtle. And he's always hanging with his ugly turtle parents, talking about his cable service. Wtf?
    Ads?

WTF is this, 1987?

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Thank you. Someone had to say it. I was have flashbacks to telemarktips circa 2002. Fucking stop.
    I find about 1 of 10 to be humorous. But others seem to like them. I disliked them on TTips too. But c'est la vie, all I can do is post about it in the shit that annoys you thread (and maybe the post belongs in the shit that annoys you but shouldn't thread?).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ads?

WTF is this, 1987?

Oh, and smug cord cutters, who probably get their news from Facebook.

I find about 1 of 10 to be humorous. But others seem to like them. I disliked them on TTips too. But c'est la vie, all I can do is post about it in the shit that annoys you thread (and maybe the post belongs in the shit that annoys you but shouldn't thread?).
    I'd think you could do more? Delete them all?

Replace all the posts in them with "this isn't funny", lose your mod privileges, maybe your entire account, and go out in a blaze of glory

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I'd think you could do more? Delete them all?

Replace all the posts in them with "this isn't funny", lose your mod privileges, maybe your entire account, and go out in a blaze of glory
    but then I'd lose access to the mod luxury box, mod hot tub, and all the awesome mod swag. Oh, wait...

Why do you hate fun?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Wow those sound really good. I never liked coconut as a kid and now love it and love all nuts other then the male nuts.
    Here's how you make them - so worth the effort. I've tried other recipes that are not even close to as good as these. I esp. don't like the recipes that call for oil. I have a GF who loves these and I bake them for he whenever she visits. She told me once she was at a bakery that had MG muffins and she was psyched to buy one remembering mine but then was sorely disappointed by the flavor and quality. LOL!

This is the order I've developed for making them that works best for me. Getting the toasting, melting and reducing out of the way first makes the rest go faster IMO. The actual recipe has you working in a different order that I think wastes time. I also like to bring the eggs to room temp. Sometimes cold eggs added to butter can cause the butter to solidify and not mix fully.

Morning Glory Muffins

1/4c (3/4oz) sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
    1/4 c walnuts, toasted
    2 1/4 c (11.25 oz) all-purpose flour
    3/4 c (5.25 oz) sugar
    1 1/2 t baking soda
    1/2 t baking powder
    1 t cinnamon
    3/4 t salt
    1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
    1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and shredded
    3 lrg eggs
    4 tbl unsalted butter, melted and cooled
    1 t vanilla extract
    1 1/2 c shredded carrots
    1 c golden raisins
    3/4 c finely chopped dried pineapple

Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable oil spray.

Toast coconut in skillet on stove stirring often to avoid over browning. I like to use a wooden utensil for this.

Toast walnuts on a cookie sheet in oven (3-4 min until fragrant - keep an eye on them shaking the cookie sheet occasionally).

Place toasted coconut & walnuts in food processor bowl.

Melt butter. Set aside.

Crack eggs into med. bowl beat lightly.

Grate apple and place in fine mesh strainer over bowl or large measuring cup. (I use one of these)

Empty 8oz can of crushed pineapple on top of apple (acid will help keep the apple from browning)

Press apple/pineapple with the back of a large spoon or stiff spatula until dry (you should get 3/4 - 1 cup juice). This usually takes me at least 5 mins of rotating, scraping and pressing).

Transfer pressed apple/pineapple to bowl.

Pour juice into small saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer briskly until juice has reduced to 1/4 cup about 10 mins. If you accidentally reduce it too much just add water.

While juice is reducing process toasted coconut and walnuts in food processor with flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon until combined. You might have to stop and scrape the bottom edge to release the coconut and walnuts that sometimes stick there. Sometimes I start with just the coconut and walnuts and a bit of the flour mixture to get them ground then add the rest of the dry ingredients.

After processing transfer dry ingredients to large mixing bowl.

Check reducing juice. Once juice is reduced set aside to cool slightly

Measure out raisins and add to bowl with apple/pineapple.

Chop dried pineapple add to other fruit.

Grate carrots and add to fruit.

Add cooled juice to eggs with butter and vanilla. Mix completely until smooth.

Gently fold egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined.

Gently fold in fruit/veg.

Divided batter evenly among muffin cups.

Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 24-28 rotating muffin tin half way through baking. Let muffins cool in tin on wire rack for 10 mins. Remove muffins from tin and let cool for at least 10 mins before serving (I can never wait that long! LOL!) My oven runs hot so I only bake them 22 mins. Know your oven!

They keep really well. I place them on a piece of parchment in a domed cake stand once they are full cooled but tupperware/rubbermaid containers work well too esp. if you line them with parchment. While I'm waiting for them to get cool enough to put the top on the cake stand I place a clean kitchen towel on top of them to keep them from drying out too much. I have some "flour sack cloths" that I only use of food and don't use fabric softener/bleach or heavy detergent on.

Only three left

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83290103_177986856628633_2906371972264886272_n.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	313239

^ That doesn’t seem annoying at all.

parody threads
    Those aren’t anywhere as annoying as dsm threads.

Hey KQ, why not PM the guy, ferkrisssake?
    Glad to see you've mastered cut and paste. Next up....is...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...