Page 1396 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 ... LastLast
Results 34,876 to 34,900 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When I was a kid we were on a Lake Michigan beach on a summer camp canoe trip near a couple of guys in MC club gear and their girlfriends. One of the guys passed out and the other 3 spent the afternoon pissing on him and covering him in mustard. Which I did not write about in the weekly mandatory letter to my parents.
    Which part of this annoyed you?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Waited our turn to use the table saw at the Truckee Roundhouse makerspace but when it was our turn no suction from the dust collector. So we go outside to where the dust collector is, remove the HEPA filter which is a pain in the ass cleared the dust which involved banging and brushing on the inside of the filter for about half an hour--fortunately they had an N95 for me to wear. Meanwhile several guys watching. We replace the filter--more of a pain in the ass than removing it, go back in, turn on the dust collector and get great suction-------and the guys who were watching me clean the filter jump ahead of us on the table saw and we get to wait some more.

Waited our turn to use the table saw at the Truckee Roundhouse makerspace but when it was our turn no suction from the dust collector. So we go outside to where the dust collector is, remove the HEPA filter which is a pain in the ass cleared the dust which involved banging and brushing on the inside of the filter for about half an hour--fortunately they had an N95 for me to wear. Meanwhile several guys watching. We replace the filter--more of a pain in the ass than removing it, go back in, turn on the dust collector and get great suction-------and the guys who were watching me clean the filter jump ahead of us on the table saw and we get to wait some more.
    Justifiable homicide.

Companies with account portals that make it less than obvious how to view the actual bill. Not what’s due, not when the due date is, the actual PDF of the bill. I’m looking at you Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Justifiable homicide.
    Preceded by removal of all appendages with table saw using 10 year old blade missing 50% of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Justifiable homicide.
    Yup, that table saw shit sounds way more annoying than a Pre-teen getting to watch a couple girls pee on a passed out drunk dude.

However many are in a shit ton.

Did you call them out on it?
    Or did you just fume until you could post here?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Did you call them out on it?
    Or did you just fume until you could post here?
    U-iIPPS

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    It started with Eisenhower’s Military Industrial Complex speech which was a wake-up call warning the dangers of undue influence on government left unheeded.

Smedley Butler MajGen USMC MOH x2 called it in 1933

Smedley Butler on Interventionism

-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley
    Butler, USMC.
    War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.
    I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.
    I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.
    It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.
    I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.
    I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.
    During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    U-iIPPS
    Can't text and poop at the same time, jojo?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Preceded by removal of all appendages with table saw using 10 year old blade missing 50% of teeth.
    It's a Sawstop. In order to get off fingers I would have to put the saw in bypass mode which would require me finding the manual which keeps getting moved and then follow the byzantine sequence of steps required to put it in bypass mode, all of which would be more annoying than the original insult. The only thing more annoying is having to replace the brake cartridge in order to use a dado set. That alone would keep me from buying a Sawstop, which is otherwise a lovely saw.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Yup, that table saw shit sounds way more annoying than a Pre-teen getting to watch a couple girls pee on a passed out drunk dude.

Never said that was annoying. It was officially sanctioned thread drift from the eyebrow shaving posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    U-iIPPS
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Can't text and poop at the same time, jojo?
    Sound it out, buddy. Start with: Un-_______ervice. You can do it. I bet even before your next pad change.

My mountain cycle magazine came in the mail accompanied by a Shimano ebike magazine/propaganda advertisement. Super fucking annoying.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Smedley Butler MajGen USMC MOH x2 called it in 1933

Smedley Butler on Interventionism

-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley
    Butler, USMC.
    War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.
    I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.
    I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.
    It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.
    I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.
    I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.
    During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
    The most decorated Marine in history at that point and for many years after. A bona fide war hero, a patriot, and a very smart man. More people should know about him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0224.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	381255

They're getting fitter
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It's a his n hers, methinks

I, for one, would be happy to name my first born son Smedley.

Doing some garage cleanup and offer a hitch mounted bike rack (the old hanging kind) for free on the neighborhood email list. I get 6 takers right away, respond to the first one and tell them where to pick it up. 2 days later it's still there, contact the taker about when they're going to pick it up and they say "oh I realized that I already had a rack, I don't need it". FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Doing some garage cleanup and offer a hitch mounted bike rack (the old hanging kind) for free on the neighborhood email list. I get 6 takers right away, respond to the first one and tell them where to pick it up. 2 days later it's still there, contact the taker about when they're going to pick it up and they say "oh I realized that I already had a rack, I don't need it". FFS.
    After being burned like that way too many times by flakey a-holes, I now have a first come first served approach and don't do any favors. You want it? Cool. Come get it now. And no, I will not hold it until you get off of work. Guy doesn't show up within 30 minutes of when he said, I let everyone know it's still available. Come and get it. I want it gone. It's free, so you don't have to be "nice" to these flakey strangers. Seriously, 90% of them don't even try, so it's not your fault if they don't want it bad enough to get it stat. The people who hop on it and come straight over with no fuss. It's theirs. I've got the getting rid of crap for free on Nextdoor down to a science. I get rid of junk like immediately with my approach. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    After being burned like that way too many times by flakey a-holes, I now have a first come first served approach and don't do any favors. You want it? Cool. Come get it now. And no, I will not hold it until you get off of work. Guy doesn't show up within 30 minutes of when he said, I let everyone know it's still available. Come and get it. I want it gone. It's free, so you don't have to be "nice" to these flakey strangers. Seriously, 90% of them don't even try, so it's not your fault if they don't want it bad enough to get it stat. The people who hop on it and come straight over with no fuss. It's theirs. I've got the getting rid of crap for free on Nextdoor down to a science. I get rid of junk like immediately with my approach. Haha.
    I’ve been on the other end where I had it all set up to buy something and go pick it up then the seller is like “I sold it to someone else” ...WTF?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I’ve been on the other end where I had it all set up to buy something and go pick it up then the seller is like “I sold it to someone else” ...WTF?
    Yeah. I meant for free stuff I'm just trying to get out of my garage right away and don't want to deal with flakey people. When I'm actually asking for money, I'm a bit more reasonable. Haha. Still don't put up with flakes, though. I move on the very instant someone doesn't show up on time or communicate.

So out at the airport they closed the "Cell Phone Lot" awhile back that was really convenient if you had to wait a bit for someone flying into town... you'd simply exit the hwy into this nice, large lot, park for a bit, then head in once your passenger arrived.

They "relocated" the lot to a new spot where you have to exit, drive under the hwy, then park in a lot that is shared with a gas station and a couple fast food joints.

So what does everyone do now? They fucking park on the shoulder of the 65mph highway to wait. Last time we came in there were probably *50* fucking cars on the shoulder. Every one within about 50 yards of a "no stopping or parking" sign.

And when they want to get on their way, guess what? There are a whole bunch of fucking people in the way so they can't get up to speed on the shoulder, so they just pull into traffic doing 10mph.

GODDAMMIT people are fucking morons.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    while it both amused and annoyed me
    needing to pull out the tough love card
    that the 80 y.o old man played on me 40 years ago
    got the
    your going to live in the old folks sugarhouse Ritz Carleton or other supervised independent living situation with our help or goin it alone
    worked
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I went out to start my car last week and the battery was dead. I find it annoying that a newer car can have a whole phalanx of warning lights and messages that pop up on the display, but somehow zero indication that your battery is failing until you get in one day and the car won't start.