Page 1172 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... LastLast
Results 29,276 to 29,300 of 46211
    Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Oh, man, yeah, it's not a lot at all and I was just saying the same thing to my wife. It's incredibly easy to get away from it for the most part yet I still complain.

But... this is the "shit that annoys you" thread, not the "shit that has meaningful negative effects on your life" thread. It's like stubbing my toe except instead of mild pain, it's an announcer screaming "Bobcats!" coupled with the cheesiest fake wildcat growl I've ever heard.
    In the same vein, and should probably be in the first world problems thread, but the Seahawks stadium is nearby, so I hear the fireworks for touchdowns before the tv feed shows me the play. Kinda annoys me that I know that they will score before they do, especially if they are quite a way down field. Punching in a 2 yarder is less annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    We had a place in Alder Creek for 3 years and I loved working in the yard having a cigar hearing the PA for the ‘cats. Pretty unique situation with the playoffs this year, go cats!
    Ha. Me and my wife lived in alder creek for a bit years ago. Town I just moved to runs the emergency siren every fri at noon. It's right near our place. Doesn't really annoy me but was wondering wtf was going on first time it happened

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Ha. Me and my wife lived in alder creek for a bit years ago. Town I just moved to runs the emergency siren every fri at noon. It's right near our place. Doesn't really annoy me but was wondering wtf was going on first time it happened
    I live not far from the volly fire dept, and every time there is a fire they run what sounds like an air raid siren. Apparently it’s to warn motorists that volunteers are responding to a fire?

I’ve never heard it when driving. Only at 3am when trying to sleep.

I’m over it annoying me. My 3am wake up is better than that of whoever was woken up at 3am because their house was on fire. But I do think it’s dumb and unnecessary.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 12-14-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    focus.

Mustonen, not sure why they still run the sirens but it comes from back in the day before pagers and cell phones and such.

It is how the firefighters would know to respond to the firehouse.

Again not sure why they still do it but 30 years ago it was necessary

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

With vol firefighters around here and the shit they've pulled, I'd welcome a signal to let me know when they're on the streets...

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Mustonen, not sure why they still run the sirens but it comes from back in the day before pagers and cell phones and such.

It is how the firefighters would know to respond to the firehouse.

Again not sure why they still do it but 30 years ago it was necessary

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    No, I read the city council minutes around the inception. It was implemented after the advent of phones and pagers, expressly to signal motorists they were on the road.
    focus.

Yeah ours is for volly firefighters. This is a town of like 900 people in montana though. It amuses me(wrong thread I know) to see guys pop out of the bar and brewery when siren goes off though..

Holy shit, Plexaderm commercials, although maybe we need a new thread, Shit that grosses you out.

Where I grew up there was a network of air raid sirens that they'd test once a month. I think they'd do it at noon on the first Saturday or Sunday of every month. I recall they'd also turn on the sirens for a tornado warning.

San Francisco has run the emergency sirens every Tuesday at noon for decades. They are upgrading the system (whatever that means when it comes to sirens), so it will be 2 years before they are ready to work again. 2 years. For an “emergency” siren. 2 years. The fact that it is gonna take that long and someone in city mgmt ok’d it annoys me.

Just don't have any emergencies. Simple

It also reminds me it’s Tuesday. And noon.

I used to live in a town that would run a siren at 9pm every night. It meant it was time to be quiet. Shut off the lawnmower, etc.

I liked that siren.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    San Francisco has run the emergency sirens every Tuesday at noon for decades. They are upgrading the system (whatever that means when it comes to sirens), so it will be 2 years before they are ready to work again. 2 years. For an “emergency” siren. 2 years. The fact that it is gonna take that long and someone in city mgmt ok’d it annoys me.
    I'm pretty sure that when the big one hits folks in SF won't need a siren to tell them there's a problem. And if little rocket man drops the big one it's better to not know ahead of time.

Some asshole dumped an elk head and legs, hooves off the side of a local trail, private property. Called the Dept. of Fish and Widlife and an officer came out for a look. The good, he found a guy one block away that just filed a successful hunt, contacted him and he fessed up. Made him go back and remove the remains. Some douchebags just think it's okay to toss stuff like this on private property. My neighbors are happy I'm around, last fall I took an illegal bait site down before the mighty hunters could return & poach a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I used to live in a town that would run a siren at 9pm every night. It meant it was time to be quiet. Shut off the lawnmower, etc.
    SeaWorld used to have fireworks every night at 9pm. I lived pretty close and the way my place was situated I could open my front door, sit on my couch and they'd be perfectly framed in the doorway. The fireworks themselves were pretty cool, I didn't mind them. What was annoying was the stampede of thousands of cars trying to leave the second fireworks ended. It sucked if you had to try and drive anywhere around that time. SeaWorld eventually got sued and can only have them on a certain number of nights a year now. Not knowing when that will be without fail you get stuck in traffic from it occasionally, which is annoying. We need that siren to run to warn the locals of the impending crush of retarded motorists about to hit the road.

One year long long ago we went to the 4th fireworks at Cal Expo (I don't think they do them anymore.). We had small kids, the parking lot was full of not so young kids throwing firecrackers around. But leaving was the nightmare--we lived one exit down the freeway but the cops were forcing everyone to go the opposite direction for about 10 miles before we could work our way back to the house. I think we got home around 1. Nowadays we watch at Donner Lake, still a traffic nightmare getting out, depending on the day of the week, but we don't have to deal with it, just the cleaning up the next morning.

So, I'm sitting in a "Morrocan" restaraunt in the East Village and some hipster with a really annoying voice is loudly emotionally abusing his cutish black girlfriend two tables down. He's ugly and a real mess, as a man. Was it wrong for me to almost take a broken beer bottle and point it at his face and say SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET A ROOM? He was trying to make her cry in public, but, to her credit, she maintained a smiling facade.

"Getting a room" would not have been the thing to suggest to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

You almost did that? What did you actually do? Post about it on TGR?
    focus.

I couldn't find a broken beer bottle.

Your supposed to break the bottle yourself rabbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

That would be a bit dramatic, no? And probably illegal somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So, I'm sitting in a "Morrocan" restaraunt
    Did you put it in quotes because the restaurant literally misspelled "Moroccan?"

No, the food was hardly of the type.