Page 1666 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 ... LastLast
Results 41,626 to 41,650 of 46232
    ditto.

Took a few days for me to be annoyed by this.

Skiing last weekend… conditions were OK. Grippy and chargey. Took some air over a rollover and a snowboarder was just sitting in the LZ. I still have no idea how he got there because the zone I was skiing I can usually spy out pretty well higher up the line. For about 5 minutes (a fraction of a second) I was positive I was coming down right on top of him. Somehow contorted around to barely miss him. My knees brushed his back. He acted confused. I was embarrassed, largely because I was in patrol gear, and apologized and suggested maybe he should not sit there.

Why the fuck you gotta sit on the hill, guys?
    focus.

People standing in exactly the worst place possible and stopped skiers deciding to start skiing about two seconds before you get to them without glancing uphill seem to be the two cardinal rules for gaper behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I had a great "what do you do?" lift ride at Park City the other weekend on a fantastic powder day (everyone was in a great mood, duh). Riding up McConkey's and this guy (much to his wife's embarrassment) says he's an amateur comedian and asks if everyone on the lift if we want to hear some snowboarder and ski patroller/instructor jokes, full-well aware that there was a boarder and a troller on the chair. He proceeded to tell all the usuals (how many ____ does it take to screw in a lightbulb?) and then followed it up with a couple really raunchy ones.
    See? You met an interesting person. And if you owned a comedy club in PC and were looking for talent, that guy may have gotten his lucky break and gone on to host the Oscars one day. Like Bobby Stainless says, "always be selling."

The only time I ever judge people on the lift is by their bindings. If they're not on 18 DIN Pivots or Solly's, I know they're hacks.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I also happen to work in a field most people tend to hate, and bringing it up leads to even shittier conversations I'd rather never have. If pushed, I'll eventually tell people I married way above my station and my wife works while I fuck around outside like the degen they expect me to be.
    Tell them you work for "Big Parma" and then blather on incessantly about cheese until they leave you alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The only time I ever judge people on the lift is by their bindings. If they're not on 18 DIN Pivots or Solly's, I know they're hacks.
    What if they have P18s mounted on 164 Soul 7s?

Without question. Bindings are the windows into a skier’s soul.

Any jerkoff can go grab some $1,200 DPS or Black Crows, but when they’ve got a 10DIN plastic binding on em I know they just got the skis for the pretty colors.
    I still call it The Jake.

Two chairlift DIN stories: When I was a volly, I was riding the chair with my pro friend, and he says "little light on your feet, eh?" Took me a second to get that was a din setting joke. Second one, a different friend and I are riding the chair with a skinny tall-tee park kid. We both noticed his din was maxed out and the window was smashed. Either totally legit, or extreme gaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    What if they have P18s mounted on 164 Soul 7s?
    That's ok. Those fucking skis are probably harder to ski fast on than a pair of 191 Stockli's.
    You have to be good.

Any jerkoff can go grab some $1,200 DPS or Black Crows, but when they’ve got a 10DIN plastic binding on em I know they just got the skis for the pretty colors.
    Good point. Most shops will sell you any ski you want on the rack. But don't check skier category II and expect them to mount the rasta Pivot 18s.

I’ve always considered black crows as toy skis for beaters and posers. Are they in fact real skis?

Fuck if I know, I’m not paying $1,200 for skis just cause they’ve got pretty colors.

Good point. Most shops will sell you any ski you want on the rack. But don't check skier category II and expect them to mount the rasta Pivot 18s.
    “Level II, huh!? Must be really enjoying dipping your toes into the black runs, yeah? Why don’t you take a look at this nice, colorful Marker binding; it’s made of plastic so it’s lighter. You’ll like that”

Every time I see a pair of Black Crows on the lift I start humming "Remedy."
    I can't help it.

What's the verdict on Kastles here?
    The tips remind me of Jolly Ranchers and I get a hankering for some candy.

Conspiracy is what I hum first, Remedy next.

Then I remember that I was pissed to have missed them last time they were in town and I’m in a bad mood for a minute or two.

What's the verdict on Kastles here?
    The tips remind me of Jolly Ranchers and I get a hankering for some candy.

https://youtu.be/0MCCvY2oD2w

That’s a great version.

Fuck, they are a kick ass rock ‘n’ roll band.

That’s a great version.

Fuck, they are a kick ass rock ‘n’ roll band.
    It's too bad their skis don't do the same.
    Apparently.
    I never skied them.

My kid has a pair of their adjustable poles which seem nice enough. They were a gift from his uncle; probably trying to set the hook on $1200 skis down the road.

What about ON3P skis? Seriously, that's the name you came up with?

Their founder still post here doesn’t he? Forgive me for spacing on his name. The name as a short hand reference to the location of his house in PDX I thought.

Are Black Crows backed by a big brand? I feel like they went from a brand I'd never heard to being 25% of skis out there almost overnight.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Their founder still post here doesn’t he? Forgive me for spacing on his name. The name as a short hand reference to the location of his house in PDX I thought.
    That's correct. Supposedly it stands for "On 13th and Proctor." Why that didn't translate into "ON13P" is an open question. Whenever I see it I think it's supposed to be something read upside down where the 3 becomes an E and the P a D.

Iggy Skier.
    It’s a legit brand. On3p has proved themselves.

But yeah. Hand flexing the black crowes made me laugh. Only their big charger has any meat. But they are everywhere these days. It’s a new soul7. There’s actually more money in rec skis than niche skis.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What about ON3P skis? Seriously, that's the name you came up with?
    ONe 3 Proctor

13th and Proctor in Tacoma is where Scott started building skis in his garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Iggy Skier.
    It’s a legit brand. On3p has proved themselves.
    Not disputing that. I just don't like the name, but I'll be the first to admit I don't know the first thing about marketing.

Here's the original thread about starting the company: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...6144-ON3P-Skis

Apologize to a maggot who's doing well. I didn't realize the company was started by one. I sees the skis all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Are Black Crows backed by a big brand? I feel like they went from a brand I'd never heard to being 25% of skis out there almost overnight.
    This is what I wondered. Two years ago, niche ski you’d see in well-heeled spots.

This season, every shop has em and I saw entire rental fleets in the Beav and P.C.