Page 420 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 46225

Thieves.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Tonight I watched someone drive across lake Washington from Montlake to 405 with the brakes on the entire way. Except for three one second blips where they took their foot off the pedal and the brake lights went off. I watched them accelerate from 50 to 70+ with the brakes on multiple times while crossing the bridge.
    These brake people are great. I also enjoy the ones who feel compelled to hit the brakes every few seconds for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    These brake people are great. I also enjoy the ones who feel compelled to hit the brakes every few seconds for no apparent reason.
    Indeed, there are:

Pre-brakers seek to give 2 to 3 times the normative safety buffer

Perma-brakers are constantly looking for validation that their brakes do, in fact, work.

Trail-brakers allow just enough time to pass that ABS engagement is immediate, inducing normal traffic behind to periodically hit them.

Add it all together and you got one big shit sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Indeed, there are:

Pre-brakers seek to give 2 to 3 times the normative safety buffer

Perma-brakers are constantly looking for validation that their brakes do, in fact, work.

Trail-brakers allow just enough time to pass that ABS engagement is immediate, inducing normal traffic behind to periodically hit them.

Add it all together and you got one big shit sandwich.
    I like to tap out fuck off asshole in morse when folks are following too closely. Not really. I don't know Morse Code. But if I did, I surely would. Maybe I should learn.

As far as safety margins go, ya, sometimes if it is known to be slippery out I might tap just enough to flash the lights a few times if I want some asshole not to end up in my trunk when I come to a complete stop at the stop sign half way down my hill. I live in a very rural "city" and it is rare that there are more than 3 cars in a line on any given street.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    probably stoned
    These days, I'd guess playing on his phone.

Invariably, when I see someone on the road being clueless -- going super slow, weaving in the lane, etc-- they're on their phone.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Combating the automotive idiocracy is no task for the weak. We all need a bit of luck & maybe a hit of kush.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    There was no traffic, it wasn't just when they were tailgating.

These type don't care. I think they just need their foot on the brake or close to it at all times whether there's actually something to brake for or not. Maybe it's OCD.

people who tap the touchscreen on the back of airplane seats like it's a bunch of mechanical buttons that needs some force to work. thanks for the back massage, buddy.

You have to be ready for the section in front of you dropping into the water.

Flu FML
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

being run down, getting a sinus infection swimming too much, morphing into respiratory infection over 6 weeks and now antibiotics yum.

The kind of old white men that give old white men a bad reputation. Actually I'm not annoyed, I'm really fucking pissed right now. Fucking sleazy scum bag fucktard messing with my friend in such a ridiculously stupid and stereotypical way it's hard to believe. How can people with high power careers and a reputation to protect be so absurdly stupid and oblivious. And why the fuck do other people keep putting up with it.
    Last edited by klar; 02-24-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Sorry to hear Klar. May I suggest dogshit under his door handles?

Or maybe we get some fucking deetz? What did this old white guy do, zackly?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    The kind of old white men that give old white men a bad reputation. Actually I'm not annoyed, I'm really fucking pissed right now. Fucking sleazy scum bag fucktard messing with my friend in such a ridiculously stupid and stereotypical way it's hard to believe. How can people with high power careers and a reputation to protect be so absurdly stupid and oblivious. And why the fuck do other people keep putting up with it.
    Was out last night with 2 coworkers, 1 male and 1 female. The girl leaves for a second to talk to someone and when she got back we asked if she knew the guy from somewhere. She said he was an asshole, naturally we had to inquire… Apparently the guy waved her over to ask if he'd ever fucked her before. I was dumbfounded.

Turned around and the guy was like mid to late 30s, we're all low 20s. Didn't want to create a scene or anything but if he came back over something was bound to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    She said he was an asshole, naturally we had to inquire… Apparently the guy waved her over to ask if he'd ever fucked her before. I was dumbfounded.
    Charming.

The situation my friend is dealing with is a textbook case of guy with midlife crisis not being able to keep his shit together. She is a grad student, he is the advising professor. His wife is cheating on him (he informed my friend of this) and he has decided he is now madly in love with his attractive student who is 25 years younger than him and absolutely not interested. He pretty much suggested they run away and start a new life together. She told him clearly that she's not interested but he wont let it go and keeps bringing it up in their regular meetings where he is supposed to be advising her on her phd and which she can't get out of.

This has been going on for a over a year. Not only is it completely inappropriate and unprofessional, it's getting to her head in a way that she is now doubting all of her work, why she got the place in the prestigious phd program in the first place etc. She tried going to some kind of university counselor and that person told her to just take it as a compliment. She could obviously try to make a big thing out of this (she has compromising emails he sent her) but it would negatively affect her phd even in the best case scenario. Dealing with a professor that you depend on for a degree can be pretty tough even if they are just disinterested or chaotic or whatever. Having to constantly and ever so politely rebuff a delusional love sick idiot (or of course an overly touchy slimeball) adds a whole other dimension. Unfortunately it is not that uncommon and almost always the women just kind of put up with it (doing a semester abroad is a popular trick) until they get their degree, because there is no good alternative option.

I can understand having a crush on a student but please just keep it to yourself and masturbate in the shower or whatever.

Oh, and in the spirit of this thread, I broke 3 ribs yesterday and that is annoying.
    Last edited by klar; 02-26-2017 at 05:03 AM.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

That I cannot post in buy/sell

Some serious shit there, klar. I've know a few women who put up with similar shit during grad school/postdoc. Your friend is not powerless! Of course I can't really advise because there's a lot of background info missing. Is friend at a public or private university? Whoever counseled her to put up with this shit ought to be dismissed. That's a hudge liability for the school, in addition to being fucked. How far along is she with here thesis? If it's still early on, she can switch labs, or if she's a few years in, and has advanced, then she'll have a committee who ought to be reasonably familiar with her work. Does this school have a any sort of grad student representation? Okay, I'm starting to jump around, tell us more.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    Charming.

The situation my friend is dealing with is a textbook case of guy with midlife crisis not being able to keep his shit together. She is a grad student, he is the advising professor. His wife is cheating on him (he informed my friend of this) and he has decided he is now madly in love with his attractive student who is 25 years younger than him and absolutely not interested. He pretty much suggested they run away and start a new life together. She told him clearly that she's not interested but he wont let it go and keeps bringing it up in their regular meetings where he is supposed to be advising her on her phd and which she can't get out of.

This has been going on for a over a year. Not only is it completely inappropriate and unprofessional, it's getting to her head in a way that she is now doubting all of her work, why she got the place in the prestigious phd program in the first place etc. She tried going to some kind of university counselor and that person told her to just take it as a compliment. She could obviously try to make a big thing out of this (she has compromising emails he sent her) but it would negatively affect her phd even in the best case scenario. Dealing with a professor that you depend on for a degree can be pretty tough even if they are just disinterested or chaotic or whatever. Having to constantly and ever so politely rebuff a delusional love sick idiot (or of course an overly touchy slimeball) adds a whole other dimension. Unfortunately it is not that uncommon and almost always the women just kind of put up with it (doing a semester abroad is a popular trick) until they get their degree, because there is no good alternative option.

I can understand having a crush on a student but please just keep it to yourself and masturbate in the shower or whatever.

Oh, and in the spirit of this thread, I broke 3 ribs yesterday and that is annoying.
    it all sucks but sorry about the ribs

Shit that annoys you

A grown man referring to anything as "yummy". Jesus have some self respect
    Last edited by MMP; 02-26-2017 at 10:11 AM.

i can't help it when a young stud walks by

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    A grown man referring to anything as "yummy". Jesus have some self respect
    And using the word "goodies".

All the "innocent" things men do and say to women that perpetuate the bullshit Klar's friend is dealing with...

On a positive note, kulshan gives us free beer just for being women and riding bikes... they'd never give men free beer just for riding bikes