Page 1556 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 ... LastLast
Results 38,876 to 38,900 of 45938
    Yup. City bus in the sky. Terrifying if you stop to think aboot it. Having to fly everywhere is one thing I'd have a hard time with if I lived in Canada. I don't really like flying.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Yup. City bus in the sky. Terrifying if you stop to think aboot it. Having to fly everywhere is one thing I'd have a hard time with if I lived in Canada. I don't really like flying.
    More likely to die in a bus crash vs. airplane though. I don't actually have the stats for this I'm just throwing this out there like I know it's a fact.

Nobody "enjoys" flying, but it's pretty damn cool to drag my fat meat sack across an entire continent in a few hours.

I'm probably going to have to resort to tranquilizers to fly again after COVID. It was bad enough having to be in close proximity to that many people before this. I don't really like anywhere that has more than a few people or they are packed in tight. The six foot spacing required in the grocery checkout during social distancing was a welcome relief.

As far as the safety thing, my buddy once told me, "hey if the pilot will get on it so will I".

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    As far as the safety thing, my buddy once told me, "hey if the pilot will get on it so will I".
    No. That's not why I hate flying. If I had the whole plane to myself and it was large with ample room around me, I'd be happy. City bus on the ground I can just grit my teeth and it will be over soon.

agoraphobia? my uncle had that.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    agoraphobia? my uncle had that.
    Never thought about that, just assumed I was weird.

Moving my family across the country in 4 days. Boxing up 25 years of shit……one could say a wee bit stressful. Made a Uhaul reservation 6 weeks ago. Find out yesterday they moved my pick up location from my town to 170 miles south of me. WTF Uhaul. I cancelled it and booked a new reservation and now have to drive 60 miles to pick up a smaller truck for the same price.

Car shippers booked a month ago. They were supposed to come yesterday. Now the word is they don’t have anybody to take the load.

I feel like I’m in a Seinfeld loop. “You know how to take a reservation” but you don’t know how to keep the reservation.

I'm probably going to have to resort to tranquilizers to fly again after COVID. It was bad enough having to be in close proximity to that many people before this. I don't really like anywhere that has more than a few people or they are packed in tight. The six foot spacing required in the grocery checkout during social distancing was a welcome relief.
    At this point I will not fret If I never have to get on a plane again…. Fuck that.

I'm going to start using tranquilizers in my daily life. Everything gets way easier...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm going to start using tranquilizers in my daily life. Everything gets way easier...
    Fact.

Having to fly everywhere is one thing I'd have a hard time with if I lived in Canada.
    Canada has a road. Just don't go the wrong way.

And watch out for Scott. He's a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Canada has a road. Just don't go the wrong way.

And watch out for Scott. He's a dick.
    Yeah, fuck Scott.

Dave’s in Canada are generally nice

At least in Canada you still have to wear a mask on airplanes and in airport terminals (although there are some dumbasses who don't and think the rules don't apply to them). I like it better - hope it stays this way on the planes at least. People can't be trusted to not fly if they are sick - and how could they be, when it's such a pain and expensive to change a flight...

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I feel like I’m in a Seinfeld loop. “You know how to take a reservation” but you don’t know how to keep the reservation.
    "Would you like to purchase insurance?"
    "Yes, you better, because I'm going to beat the shit out of this car."

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    At least in Canada you still have to wear a mask on airplanes and in airport terminals (although there are some dumbasses who don't and think the rules don't apply to them). I like it better - hope it stays this way on the planes at least. People can't be trusted to not fly if they are sick - and how could they be, when it's such a pain and expensive to change a flight...
    Wearing masks on airplanes is like closing only 3 out 4 doors on a submarine.

What good does wearing a mask on an airplane do if passengers are allowed to take it off when eating?

I read this somewhere recently… If you’re really worried about Covid while traveling by plane, wear a properly fitting N95 mask while in the airport, boarding and all the way through take-off. Once the plane is airborne, there should be enough airflow to minimize the risk of going massless. Then, once back on the ground, put the mask back on.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Wearing masks on airplanes is like closing only 3 out 4 doors on a submarine.

What good does wearing a mask on an airplane do if passengers are allowed to take it off when eating?
    Really? We're so far in to this mask business now and you still haven't figured it out?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Really? We're so far in to this mask business now and you still haven't figured it out?
    Obviously I haven’t. Care to enlighten me how the mouth breathing idiot sitting shoulder-to-shoulder next to me won’t spread Covid when he takes his mask off to eat for 30 minutes?

Obviously I haven’t. Care to enlighten me how the mouth breathing idiot sitting shoulder-to-shoulder next to me won’t spread Covid when he takes his mask off to eat for 30 minutes?
    Yeah, those gourmet meals on the plane take 30 minutes to eat. More like five.

There's never going to be 100% mask compliance, but it seems like something is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

There's never going to be 100% mask compliance, but it seems like something is better than nothing.
    Since condoms occasionally fail, it's better to bareback it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

The “mouth breathing idiot” was an implication that he’ll take advantage of the “no mask while eating” exception and take 30 minutes even if it is just a bag of fucking peanuts.

If you’re not going to get 100% compliance, the mask mandate doesn’t help. People are too selfish to wear a mask to protect others. It just takes one idiot to ruin for the rest.

If you want protection, you need to take it upon yourself and wear a properly fitting N95.

I ride NYC mass transit several times a week. The majority of riders are not wearing masks at this point… even as they are still required. It’s a lost cause, even if the condom breaks occasionally.

And just to keep it on topic… people not adhering to a mask mandate annoys me.

And just to keep it on topic… people not adhering to a mask mandate annoys me.
    Then what exactly are you arguing about?

Then what exactly are you arguing about?
    Mask mandates don’t work because people don’t follow them.