Page 1307 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... LastLast
Results 32,651 to 32,675 of 46052
    I'll tell you what annoys me - the fact that Mazda doesn't make an axle dust-cover so you can keep the axle end/axle nut clean and somewhat free of rust.

I put on plain steel wheels with snow tires, and I called the dealer inquiring about the dust covers and they said I have to buy wheel covers for that.

Third motherfucking trip to Discount Tire In 4 days trying to get my new rubber mounted properly.

First trip they mounted 4 wrong tires despite confirming at check in what I had already bought online.

Second trip was actually a two parter: one to tell me they were wrong to call me in cause my tires weren’t actually there then another to actually get them installed later that day. That was a good 5 hours spent.

Drove off the lot after they closed after trip two only to find horrible vibrations coming from the rears.

I’ve been checked in for my 2:15 appointment since 2 and they’re just now getting it on the rack - only because I had to go Karen and ask wtf was taking so long. “Did you have an appointment sir?” Nearly sent me through the gotdamned roof.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    There is no fix for that, and don't get me started about Subaru's Starfire or whatever the fuck it is, the infotainment software. My petty gripe (in addition to the one you mentioned): USB stick with music on it, and it needs to spend 2 minutes re-indexing the whole thing every time the car is restarted (it remembers the song previously being played, at least, which means that it should be able to very quickly determine if I switched to a different stick while the car was off).

As for fixes, I had the software re-flashed at the dealer recently, which improved some things (it no longer waits until you turn on the stereo to index the USB stick, AND indexing doesn't sometimes fail to occur entirely). However, for the first week or so after the reflash, some electric window functions weren't working properly (amusingly, the car healed itself), and even still the colored line guides on the backup camera are now random squiggles instead of being where they're supposed to.
    You mean the starfire system that comes with a manual as thick as the main manual and the eyesight manual? Think I'll stick to the radio and Sirius XM. The first car I've owned that has a 3 volume owner's manual. I imagine that's the case with most new cars.

cars suck now...

Starlink is terrible. I can deal with the backing up issue, but having it automatically play all the songs on my phone in alphabetical order (by title) every time I start the car drives me nuts.

OTOH when I went to replace the low beam bulb on my 2017 Outback I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually easy to access and took about 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The first car I've owned that has a 3 volume owner's manual. I imagine that's the case with most new cars.
    I bought a Taco in 2017. The manuals occupy more than 2/3 of the real estate in the glove box. I actually had to go through them a few times since the damn truck has some many fancy options and is the least intuitive thing I've ever dealt with.

Car things that have been annoying me lately: my snow broom / scraper has grown legs and regularly walks away form my car over to Ms Boissal's (the Taco, it's now hers). Strange how that started happening the second we got morning frost. It usually ends up inside the locked truck rather than the shell which is always opened. Very strange...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The wife is blacked out at the resort this week but wants to ski Thursday so I go to get her a "friends and family" (passholder perk) 1/2 off ticket. I go through the online process but get stuck, it won't let me select her as the ticket recipient. Call up the resort for help and they tell me I can't buy her a ticket because she already has a season pass. So I can buy a 1/2 off ticket for a random stranger but can't buy one for someone who's been a passholder for 20 years? The guy finally tells me to set up a dummy account for her to get around the system - since it's just a day ticket it doesn't need to be linked to her pass or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    There is no fix for that, and don't get me started about Subaru's Starfire or whatever the fuck it is, the infotainment software. My petty gripe (in addition to the one you mentioned): USB stick with music on it, and it needs to spend 2 minutes re-indexing the whole thing every time the car is restarted (it remembers the song previously being played, at least, which means that it should be able to very quickly determine if I switched to a different stick while the car was off).

As for fixes, I had the software re-flashed at the dealer recently, which improved some things (it no longer waits until you turn on the stereo to index the USB stick, AND indexing doesn't sometimes fail to occur entirely). However, for the first week or so after the reflash, some electric window functions weren't working properly (amusingly, the car healed itself), and even still the colored line guides on the backup camera are now random squiggles instead of being where they're supposed to.
    I installed a Pioneer system that came with a backup camera for my wife's 1998 UrbanRunner, you should do the same. It was on sale with free installation at Best Buy, and Apple Car Play + Android Auto, it's is much better for navigation, backup, playing music, etc. Her old system had a horrible TomTom navigation. My Mom has that shitty Starlink, it's garbage too.

It's a huge upgrade and worth it. Might have been around $250, I dunno exactly. You can certainly spend less and a ton more though, but you need Car Play at a minimum.

My power is out, and I’ve got deadlines this afternoon that cannot be missed. No Internet, no printer; crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My power is out, and I’ve got deadlines this afternoon that cannot be missed. No Internet, no printer; crap.
    How did you post?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    How did you post?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    How did you post?
    Phone app...

Phone app...
    Time to hit on the hotties in the library.

All of the libraries around here are closed, order a book and pick it up from the rack outside.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    All of the libraries around here are closed, order a book and pick it up from the rack outside.
    You just upgraded to starbucks then. Who needs a printer? If so UPS store.

Phone app...
    So.... Hotspot onto your phone, and there's your internet connection.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Got that, but I can’t use my PC or my printer, so I’m stuck.

I need to print paychecks from four different accounts, as well as an AP run for all four accounts. No way the UPS store is gonna get it right.

Library it is!

To add to the fun, I need to log into a remote PC via Splashtop to get it done, then print locally.

Time to find a local neighbor, friend, etc, who'll let you come over to work.

I need to print paychecks from four different accounts, as well as an AP run for all four accounts. No way the UPS store is gonna get it right.
    A UPS store will let you connect to the internet and their printers. Trust me, I've had to do it. Worst case scenario, you can go to a workstation with a thumb drive.

Do you want to solve the problem, or just be a bitch about it?

The coyotes behind our house are starting to annoy me. Looks at our dog and our dog barks at him. There is a family living up the hill 30 or 40 yards. Starting to think I need to encourage them to move.
    Name:  images%20(3).jpeg
Views: 1860
Size:  7.1 KB

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That's a demeaning term for a librarian.

Most narcissistic person I know, who fired 90% of her staff by email this year during Covid before rehiring a bunch more people to take their places at lower wages. Well today on her FB feed she posted that her New Years resolution is to “focus more on taking care of myself and making myself happy”. I don’t laugh out loud often from things on the internet but this one had me rolling.