Page 894 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 ... LastLast
Results 22,326 to 22,350 of 46230
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Another automobile one...American cars that have the gas tank on the passenger side of the car. What the fuck is up with that? Maybe if you have someone you trust with your credit card ridin' bitch...but otherwise, big PITA.
    Not sure which US made cars have their tanks on the passenger side, but my old 85 toyota was nice to fill with the jerrycan on the ditch side of the road. Not that I do that much anymore, but it was nice getting sheltered from the snowplow back in the day.

I guess I could see that utility.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quart containers of yogurt that sour stink your whole fridge and the whole kitchen on the first open of the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Not sure which US made cars have their tanks on the passenger side, but my old 85 toyota was nice to fill with the jerrycan on the ditch side of the road. Not that I do that much anymore, but it was nice getting sheltered from the snowplow back in the day.

"Goddammit, not this again..."

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Wait..... Amish wear Crocs?

Another automobile one...American cars that have the gas tank on the passenger side of the car. What the fuck is up with that? Maybe if you have someone you trust with your credit card ridin' bitch...but otherwise, big PITA.
    Our VW Jetta is on the passenger's side. Toyota Sienna is on the driver's side.

Got rear ended in east boston this morning. Pull up out of traffic so I don't create a shitshow traffic jam and the guy takes off, so I get to go to east boston police station and hang out. He clearly didn't realize that we got his license plate number. What a dick.

If you had not gotten plate, would have sucked. Since you did, I wonder if that makes everything easier by automatically assigning fault to them as far as insurance (if they had it) plus a hefty penalty for your satisfaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    If you had not gotten plate, would have sucked. Since you did, I wonder if that makes everything easier by automatically assigning fault to them as far as insurance (if they had it) plus a hefty penalty for your satisfaction?
    Yeah, I really have no clue how this works. I could technically blame anyone right? It was an F150 and it might not even be visible on his bumper. I have a car, so the plastic bumper is broken and my hatch is dented. Maybe an insurance adjuster will investigate...idk. The cops didn't seem to care as they shouldn't I suppose. More important shit going on in East Boston.

How unnecessarily complicated medical billing is. Sheesh. You go to ONE doctor's visit at ONE facility to have something checked out and over the next couple months you start getting bills from a dozen different entities. Had a recent scare with my daughter so the pediatrician referred us to an oncologist. We go see him and from this one visit we get bills from:
    The hospital for a "facility fee"
    The doctor for the consultation (obviously), but the oncology group is somehow separate from the hospital. It's like they rent their space.
    Some radiology company for THEIR facility fee for having a chest x-ray done down the hall.
    ANOTHER radiology company for the actual x-ray work being done.
    Multiple bills from a lab company for the blood draw and urinalysis.
    Bills from the hospital parent group for other lab work (same freaking draw, just different tests)
    ANOTHER lab company to supposedly read the results that they pass on to the doc.
    And we're somehow still not done. Just got a call from the children's hospital for ANOTHER facility fee I wasn't even aware of.
    That's not all of them either. A handful of others I haven't even mentioned.

Uggh. When does it end?! And this is for ONE freaking visit and I am self paying. Couldn't imagine how much worse it would be to juggle insurance nonsense on top of all that.

Seriously! In my opinion, if a doctor, lab, radiology dept wants the privilege of being part of a hospital group (thus getting patients automatically funneled through them), then they should be REQUIRED to be part of the hospital's billing system. To me, the premium you pay for going to a hospital should at least come with the "privilege" of having your bills come from one freaking source. It's asinine how complicated it is.

Oh yeah. This much complication for NO TREATMENT. Pretty much just to be told it's all fine. Trust me. I am so grateful that it was nothing in the end, but how can a simple consultation end up being so complicated administratively speaking? This is but a tiny example of what's wrong with our health care system, costs aside. Then again, this kind of over-bloated bureaucracy HAS to contribute to healthcare costs, right? I mean, there's obviously a lot of technical and human costs involved with this billing, right?

/RANT. Glad we have this forum to vent when we need to. Thanks, guys.

preach, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    How about fuck yourselves.
    If you all only knew the pressure on us in clinic like that.

If you only freaking knew.
    Wah, wah, wah. You'll get no sympathy from me. Many of us also have jobs with sky high pressure, yet the rest of the planet is expected to be on time for things. Why is any person's time less valuable than another's? We're all running on the same ticking clock, trying to balance work, family,...and doctor visits. I really don't care if a doc's a bit late to come into the office, but it is annoying when we're instructed to show up early to fill out paperwork so we can be ready for our appointment on time, just to end up waiting. And waiting. And waiting. That would be more forgivable if we weren't held to a different standard (ie rescheduling fees if WE'RE late). Would also be nice if we could at least get a heads up from the doc or staff that the doctor's held up and it's going to be a bit longer. Instead, we're just waiting in the little (often freezing cold) examination room twiddling our thumbs. At least smart phones have made the wait much more tolerable than it used to be. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Wah, wah, wah. You'll get no sympathy from me. Many of us also have jobs with sky high pressure, yet the rest of the planet is expected to be on time for things. Why is any person's time less valuable than another's? We're all running on the same ticking clock, trying to balance work, family,...and doctor visits. I really don't care if a doc's a bit late to come into the office, but it is annoying when we're instructed to show up early to fill out paperwork so we can be ready for our appointment on time, just to end up waiting. And waiting. And waiting. That would be more forgivable if we weren't held to a different standard (ie rescheduling fees if WE'RE late). Would also be nice if we could at least get a heads up from the doc or staff that the doctor's held up and it's going to be a bit longer. Instead, we're just waiting in the little (often freezing cold) examination room twiddling our thumbs. At least smart phones have made the wait much more tolerable than it used to be. Haha.
    Does your job require malpractice insurance and mistakes that can end lives or risk health routinely..

Does your job require malpractice insurance and mistakes that can end lives or risk health routinely..
    yes

Hey, not saying I don't appreciate doctors. But what does that have to do with being expected to be at least SOMEWHAT on time for an appointment? If you're talking about the bureaucracy of it all causing you to be late, then yeah, that stinks.

Airline change fees!

I just had to change a flight sked for two weeks from now; moving from one not sold out flight to another not sold out flight.

5 minutes (and $200) later, I was on a new flight.

$200 seems pretty steep.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    How unnecessarily complicated medical billing is.
    Freedum ain't free!

People who don't pick up after their dogs that shit in public parks. GFY, asshole.

$15 for a yoga class session.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Freedum ain't free!
    Truth.

It's a small price to pay for all that healthcare freedumb!

So you're saying it's a big imposition to walk around to the other side of the car to pump gas?

I don't care which side the gas cap is on, but it would be nice if it was consistent. OTOH I almost always get my gas at Costco where everyone enters the pumps from the same side and the hoses stretch to either side of the car, so it isn't really a big deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    ...The cops didn't seem to care as they shouldn't I suppose. More important shit going on in East Boston.
    That is dumb of them.
    Isn't that a hit and run?

If F150 didn't stop to sort it out, he prolly has warrants out on him, and/or no insurance/licence.
    Prolly a few things illegal inside truck too...

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    $15 for a yoga class session.
    Meh. I pay $13. Could be less if I bought a bigger "pack" but I'm okay with $13. Guess it depends on the size of your town? A single class at the studio I go to is $18.

Tell you what I don't like about yoga - went to a new instructor and she played hip hop music. WTF? There were only four of us in class with no one under 50.
    Last edited by KQ; 09-18-2018 at 02:13 PM.

My phone made the emergency alert noise at 2:18 AM EDT this morning. No messages on screen. WTFF??? The conversation went something like this:

riser3: Huh?!?! What the fuck is that fucking noise?!?!?!?!?

Mrs riser3: Emergency alert. <Goes back to snoring>

riser3: Really?!?!?!?! You sure?!?!? <can't sleep> !!!!!!

Did someone working on the test for 9/20 @2:18 PM fuck up??? I have a hard time getting back to sleep. So thanks a lot asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My phone made the emergency alert noise at 2:18 AM EDT this morning. No messages on screen. WTFF??? The conversation went something like this:

Did someone working on the test for 9/20 @2:18 PM fuck up??? I have a hard time getting back to sleep. So thanks a lot asshole.
    Trump gone rogue testing the Presidential Alert despite push back?

FEMA's 'Presidential Alert' test postponed as some Americans want to disconnect

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post

We got an Amber Alert on our phones at like 4 am the other day and it scared the living shit out of me in my half sleep. I couldn't figure out what was happening for a few seconds. Needless to say, I didn't get back to sleep.