Page 1391 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 ... LastLast
Results 34,751 to 34,775 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I think William Shatner should have been on that thing to become the oldest guy in space.
    John Glenn's record is going to be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    John Glenn's record is going to be hard to beat.
    Wally Funk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    some times ya gotta say fuck it and go with the funk
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    Guy pulls up to the STR next door at 11PM. For some reason he can't leave his car unlocked in the driveway for even a few seconds, so as he carries stuff into the house he's constantly locking and unlocking the car with the remote. Chirp...chirp-chirp...chirp...chirp-chirp...chirp...chirp-chirp. My wife was trying to go to sleep (with windows open since it had been a hot day) and was ready to go out and strangle him. This is in an area that gets more car break-ins from bears than people (I usually leave my car unlocked in the driveway, but make sure there's no food in it).
    Things that annoy me about each of our cars:
    -Subaru goes beepy every time you lock/unlock it. I do not need this function. It's loud and obnoxious. If I want to unlock any but just the driver door, I have to hit it twice, so it beeps loudly four times...
    -Chevy's lights come on when you unlock it; if I have to grab something out of the truck at night or am leaving at the crack of, the lights blast right down the side of my house and my neighbors', right where their bedrooms are. It's totally unnecessary. I'm constantly trying to unlock-open the door-flip the lights off as fast as I can.

I get that it's handy for parking lots where you might not know exactly where your car is, but there's a panic button for that. Press it and the horn honks, lights flash, press it again and it stops. Easy peasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    some times ya gotta say fuck it and go with the funk
    I think it's pretty bad ass that, after training to be an astronaut 60 years ago, she made it to space. Very cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Things that annoy me about each of our cars:
    -Subaru goes beeps every time you lock/unlock it. I do not need this function. It's loud and obnoxious. If I want to unlock any but just the drover door, I have to hit it twice, so it beeps loudly four times...
    -Chevy's lights come on when you unlock it; if I have to grab something out of the truck at night or am leaving at the crack of, the lights blast right down the side of my house and my neighbors', right where their bedrooms are. It's totally unnecessary. I'm constantly trying to unlock-open the door-flip the lights off as fast as I can.
    You can't configure that for both of them to stop those behaviors? Even my POS 2005 Chevy has options in the menu for the lights/horn upon locking/unlocking. Damn near 2 decades old. Surely Subaru has something like and Chevy hasn't regressed. Check your instruction manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    India is in Asia.
    Pedants.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    How about ice flown in from the Mer de Glace?
    As long as it’s not Merde Glace

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Hahaha. In French, spaces matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Our young dog does too, but usually in the first half of the walk. Where I usually take him there's a portapottie at the halfway point so I've been tossing the bags in the portapottie. I figure, it's poop, it's a small bag and it won't clog the pump truck, and there should be a trash can there and there isn't, so fuckit.

Can I get a ruling?
    I need a ruling on tossing a bag of poop into a trash barrel on trash day that has not been picked up yet.

We have those barrels that a truck grabs with some mechanical arm type thing.

Good to toss it into a neighbors bin (on trash day) if the trash guy hasn’t come yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    I need a ruling on tossing a bag of poop into a trash barrel on trash day that has not been picked up yet.

We have those barrels that a truck grabs with some mechanical arm type thing.

Good to toss it into a neighbors bin (on trash day) if the trash guy hasn’t come yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I live on a popular dog walking route. People throw their dog shit in my trashcan all the time (whether it's trash day or not). I don't care because I'd rather it be in there then along my sidewalk. I'd say you're good to go.

Just leave the bag on the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    I live on a popular dog walking route. People throw their dog shit in my trashcan all the time (whether it's trash day or not). I don't care because I'd rather it be in there then along my sidewalk. I'd say you're good to go.
    Agreed. I don't want randos walking in and out of my driveway, but I'd rather it landed in my trash can than in my lawn where my kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    47 years old today and my father won’t treat me like an adult.
    My parents would always treat me like a child whenever I or they would visit. Unfortunately, I would usually accommodate them by acting like one.
    In with the 9.

Shit that annoys you

Wrong forum

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Wally Funk
    Bless her heart. She looked stoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You can't configure that for both of them to stop those behaviors? Even my POS 2005 Chevy has options in the menu for the lights/horn upon locking/unlocking. Damn near 2 decades old. Surely Subaru has something like and Chevy hasn't regressed. Check your instruction manuals.
    Subie I can turn the hazards off on unlock, but not the noise. There's a volume setting they can adjust at the dealership, will try on my next service.

The Chevy does have settings to adjust lights on keyless entry, I'll be checking it when the wife gets home.

You know what annoys me? People like myself that bitch about problems before they even try to find a solution. Sheesh.

Alright that's it. I've had it with everybody. Can I just kill them all? Ok maybe that's a bit much, how about if I just run them over?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Alright that's it. I've had it with everybody. Can I just kill them all? Ok maybe that's a bit much, how about if I just run them over?
    I want you to kill all the golfers on the course.

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    As long as my wheeled bin is out at the street for pickup I'm fine with it. I don't want folks coming up my driveway to put the crap in the can.
    Around here people like to leave the bags next to someone's bear box. I agree that opening someone's bear box to put dog crap in the can is a step too far, but don't leave it for the owner to pick up. Take it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Subie I can turn the hazards off on unlock, but not the noise. There's a volume setting they can adjust at the dealership, will try on my next service.

The Chevy does have settings to adjust lights on keyless entry, I'll be checking it when the wife gets home.

You know what annoys me? People like myself that bitch about problems before they even try to find a solution. Sheesh.
    I had to have my Outback’s computer flashed at the dealer after the battery died and the window switches wouldn’t open the windows. Apparently that’s the default after the battery dies.

Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I want you to kill all the golfers on the course.
    Those aren't golfers they're hackers and deserve to be run over for not replacing their divots or fixing their ball marks.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Poopcicle

Lorenc Peter Elfred Freuchen was a 6’7” tall walrus-spearing, peg-legged, anti-Semite-clobbering Danish explorer and badass old-school 1900s explorer who wore a fucking awesome coat made of polar bear fur, rocked a seriously epic beard, rode a dogsled 1,000 kilometers across the Greenland ice cap in the 1910s, killed a wolf with his bare hands, escaped a Nazi death warrant at the height of the Third Reich, amputated his own fucking gangrenous toes with a pair of pliers (and no anesthesia), and starred in a goddamned Oscar-winning movie – which was based on a book that he wrote, and this guy was so over-the-top awesome that he played the fucking villain in a movie that was loosely based around his own autobiography. He was also the fifth person to win the jackpot in the TV game show The $64,000 Question, published thirty books, founded two Adventurer’s Clubs, and his biography is called The Vagrant Viking.

Need more proof? Check this shit. One time he was caught in a blizzard and ended up being buried alive in an inescapable cocoon of ice so tightly packed around him that he could barely move. After 30 hours trapped in a frosty tomb the size of a large suitcase this behemoth Dane escaped certain death by molding his own shit into a fucking knife and using it to carve through a solid wall of ice, then crawled another three hours back to base camp like something out of The Revenant meets Everest meets goddamn Shawshank Redemption.
    . . .

You might want to break the Prozacs in half.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

try as i may, my poop has yet to achieve a hardened blade like consistency……

much to my chagrin.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    try as i may, my poop has yet to achieve a hardened blade like consistency……

much to my chagrin.
    Yeah. The poop blade story always reeked of exaggeration. And reeked.

But I read two of Peter Freuchin’s books a few years ago.
    Highly recommended

Interesting dude. After years of living with Inuit. Somehow his last wife was a New York fashionista.

https://www.badassoftheweek.com/freuchen
    Last edited by Core Shot; 07-21-2021 at 02:06 AM.
    . . .