Page 9 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Time for a classic rerun:

What the fuck was that all ahboot? I need a translator.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    lady was totally singing the album while Alanis was doing a unique live version right behind me.
    had this experience at a Dylan show last summer. Anyone that's been to a Dylan show knows that singing along is just not a possibility. Yes, everyone knows the words to Tangled Up In Blue, but trying to predict how they lyrics will be phrased is anyone's guess. So obnoxious "I know the words guy", please shut up.

i am really trying to not let what other people do at shows aggravate me. It's tough, because it seems like crowds are getting worse by the day. It's a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    What the fuck was that all ahboot? I need a translator.
    Jus anudder day down to the Lego Glenwood Irving, bye.

Idiots with kids. Just saw a nice young couple walking through a parking lot that happens to be hosting a raging party... Dad's pushing a stroller with a sleeping infant, Mom's carrying the 12er and smoking a joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

People who don't know how to act around people they don't know. Seems there's a lot of this in CO... Walk into a room full of people you don't know and introduce yourself to someone only to be met with a blank stare and "uh..." I was just home for a funeral and met lots of people I didn't know. The correct response, which most east coasters seem to know already is "Oh hey, my name is..."

WTF?
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    i am really trying to not let what other people do at shows aggravate me. It's tough, because it seems like crowds are getting worse by the day. It's a challenge.
    The crowds are the same, your just getting older.

"Get off my lawn" syndrome kicks in hard post 30 (at least for me)

In basketball there seems to be a permanent sympathy call for people that get their shot blocked. I'd say about a third of the time the defender hits the ball then the offensive player pushes the ball out of bounds.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

When people referring to their favorite sports team, people who say "we," like they're apart of the goddamn team. "We" didn't win the game last night, a bunch of high skilled athletes did, you sat on your ass and watched it while drinking beer.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    favorite sports team
    is a bizarre concept on very, very many levels...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    People who don't know how to act around people they don't know. Seems there's a lot of this in CO... Walk into a room full of people you don't know and introduce yourself to someone only to be met with a blank stare and "uh..." I was just home for a funeral and met lots of people I didn't know. The correct response, which most east coasters seem to know already is "Oh hey, my name is..."

WTF?
    Kinda think it's a front range problem, but I totally agree. wtf is up with this place?

Quote Originally Posted by shaft View Post
    Kinda think it's a front range problem, but I totally agree. wtf is up with this place?
    Socially retarded trustafarian bro-brah transplants.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yea, bunch of assholes enjoying music out loud, keep that shit inside is what i always say.
    I'm not talking about a bunch of hippies at a dead show singing along. I'm talking about the fool in the parking lot, apres skiing, that sings along with a Van Morrison tune. Your drunken buddy on a road trip that starts singing along with The Pretenders mystery achievement. We've all done it.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Furril, this one time, I was at an Alanis Morisette concert and this lady was totally singing the album while Alanis was doing a unique live version right behind me. 10 dirty looks did not do the trick. Totes horreebs.
    No shit, going to an Alanis Morisette concert is fucking annoying to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Idiots with kids. Just saw a nice young couple walking through a parking lot that happens to be hosting a raging party... Dad's pushing a stroller with a sleeping infant, Mom's carrying the 12er and smoking a joint.
    You don't have kids? do you.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    is a bizarre concept on very, very many levels...

I think I blogged about this person in the annoying office habits thread, but I have an employee who has a lilting sing-songy way of speaking… every word, every sentence, every time, all the time.

No exaggeration. It’s gotten to the point where I cringe when she comes in my office knowing she’s going to delight me with a little ditty about her work. She reports directly to me and I’ve stopped meeting with her regularly because she sings her reports. It’s like she’s in a musical 24/7.

Plus, not only does she sing everything, but she can never answer a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’… but has to answer with a musical number complete with characters, plot, personification, themes of good and evil, and old folksy sayings that I thought died a generation ago.

For example, I asked her this morning if the summer content on our website was updated yet.

"Yes indeedy” she starts to sing. “I told Mr. Computer this morning that he and I were going to spend some time together and update mean old Mr. Website and it was a struggle but by golly 3 hours and 4 cups of coffee later we have summer updated and it’s the bees knees!”

Again, this is all communicated to me through the art of song.And I used to enjoy music.

And she has a moustache so she’s difficult to look at.

Can you fire someone just because they’re annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I think I blogged about this person in the annoying office habits thread, but I have an employee who has a lilting sing-songy way of speaking… every word, every sentence, every time, all the time.

No exaggeration. It’s gotten to the point where I cringe when she comes in my office knowing she’s going to delight me with a little ditty about her work. She reports directly to me and I’ve stopped meeting with her regularly because she sings her reports. It’s like she’s in a musical 24/7.

Plus, not only does she sing everything, but she can never answer a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’… but has to answer with a musical number complete with characters, plot, personification, themes of good and evil, and old folksy sayings that I thought died a generation ago.

For example, I asked her this morning if the summer content on our website was updated yet.

"Yes indeedy” she starts to sing. “I told Mr. Computer this morning that he and I were going to spend some time together and update mean old Mr. Website and it was a struggle but by golly 3 hours and 4 cups of coffee later we have summer updated and it’s the bees knees!”

Again, this is all communicated to me through the art of song.And I used to enjoy music.

And she has a moustache so she’s difficult to look at.

How is there not a TV show about you yet?
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    You don't have kids? do you.
    Sure do. I'm sure you'll be a much 'cooler' parent than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by flyandski365 View Post
    Socially retarded trustafarian bro-brah transplants.
    They make the cutest faces when you tell them they have work to do.

When people referring to their favorite sports team, people who say "we," like they're apart of the goddamn team. "We" didn't win the game last night, a bunch of high skilled athletes did, you sat on your ass and watched it while drinking beer.
    Well, if you're really into a team, and watch the game every night, and spend thousands of dollars a year on tickets and fan crap, have your whole house and car decked out, I think you can start to make that argument - just as much as some low level employee of the organization could.
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 04-01-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Hugh Conway sucks

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    When people use only a players first name while watching a game.

This has some obvious exceptions like Lebron or Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    When people use only a players first name while watching a game.

This has some obvious exceptions like Lebron or Peyton.

Peyton who?

Douchebag.

If the game is actually on, and Jim so and so is hitting, dribbling, whatever, it's way more reasonable to refer to them by name than to assume that any athlete can go by their first name outside the game context.
    Hugh Conway sucks

On a related note when did people insist on this way of speaking where they end every element in a list on an up note? Know what I mean? For example "I had a hectic day yesterday. First I had to take the kids to soccer, then I went to the store, then I had to cook dinner..." where the italicized word in each item is said in an up note and sort of drawn out. I swear people didn't used to do this, but now it's ubiquitous.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    On a related note when did people insist on this way of speaking where they end every element in a list on an up note? Know what I mean? For example "I had a hectic day yesterday. First I had to take the kids to soccer, then I went to the store, then I had to cook dinner..." where the italicized word in each item is said in an up note and sort of drawn out. I swear people didn't used to do this, but now it's ubiquitous.
    Drives me apeshit.

Also, ending a sentence with a trailing "so" as if I'm expected to infer what the speaker is implying. For example "The AD's birthday is coming up soon and he really likes cocaine and prostitutes, so..."

And why is the word soccer getting hyperlinked?

And, by the way, my birthday is coming up, so...

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    not enough powdered sugar on my powdered sugar donut.
    coated not dusted
    Hahaha I cracked up

People who hold the door for me when I'm still 70 yards away

40s of lite beer

Price tags on glass.

Jeff Dunham

DPS Wailer 112s mounted with tele bindings.

United States Postal Service

Grown men with braces.

jesus. vibes.

my overly loud, perfume wearing disaster up front breaks into high pitched baby dog voice when she comes in my office and talks to my dogs. Every time. Now don't get me wrong, I talk in dog voice all the time, but her volume and tone...ugh, even the dogs hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetman View Post
    People who hold the door for me when I'm still 70 yards away
    What's the accepted statute of limitations on this anyway? I figure if someone is right there I'll hold the door. Let's say within ten feet or so.