Page 1558 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 ... LastLast
Results 38,926 to 38,950 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Friends I want to go visit keep getting cats. Well one of em even got a fucking pet pig. And a new wife. Fucking animal allergies annoy me. Not sure about the wife yet
    This one is annoying. One of my good friends is moving, but he's got cats, so if I wanted to go visit I'd have to get a hotel. I like the cats, but damn do they make my eyes water.

Chest freezer in 100+ heat in garage all summer just died in the last day or two. Lights are on but no cooling to be had. That in of itself is annoying but the thing was completely full. Hundreds $$ gone.

What a fantastic day, week…

What is up with the TGRz servers? Pages load for shit the last few days. Someone check the box fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    What is up with the TGRz servers? Pages load for shit the last few days. Someone check the box fan.
    If that's the price we have to pay to eliminate all the double posting shit, so be it.

We finally get a night in the 50s - what the weather guy likes to call "perfect sleeping weather."

Get ready for bed, throw open the window and bam! Face full of smoke.

Close the window. Turn the AC back on.

Sigh.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Some good suggestions in there. Unfortunately Ms Boissal is opposed to starting a war with the neighbor, something about it being a lost cause cause he's a fucktard and such. She's the brains of the Boissal household so I will oblige.

Another annoyance while I'm at it, also neighbor related. We live in a quiet neighborhood south of SLC, deep in suburbia. Small street with no traffic, nice and peaceful. Ms Boissal fixed up the back patio last year and made it real pleasant. It's an old covered porch with ceiling fans, speakers, firepit, perfect to chill out with a beer and listen to the crickets at night. I was out there yesterday when the neighbor's AC unit turned on. It's about 2' from the fence and maybe 15' from where I was sitting. It took a minute of rattling about to get up to speed then settled into sounding like a dying coal-roller. 85-ish dB of fan spinning on dead bearings or something of the sort. I had to retreat inside, no amount of cranking the volume on the speakers was going to drown out the fucker. I could hear it turn on and off all night with the windows opened even though the bedroom is on the opposite side of the house from the unit. It usually doesn't bother me but I tend to get fixated on sounds and cannot unhear them.

Now that house has been unoccupied since last spring (2021) when the renters moved out. The AC unit had been sounding haggard for some time and we had talked to them about it but the owner wouldn't do shit. We suspect he keeled over and the family is fighting over what to do with the place, there's no way they'd let a 4-bed 3-bath sit empty for that long otherwise. The AC unit is on ALL THE FUCKING TIME, the thermostat must be set at 62 in there cause it starts going in May and during the summer it's off for 10 minutes max before rattling back on. I'm tempted to import a couple of porcupines since they love chewing on rubber hoses. Maybe they'd get through some of wiring and take care of the issue...
    Had this issue with a neighbor's irrigation pump. Think he had a rock stuck in the impeller. High pitch squeal 24/7. Even though it was on the river more than a football field length away sound carries out here esp. at night.

The noise was the bane of my and another neighbor's existence but the offending pump owner was on the other side of the river which made it a hassel to address so we dealt because we knew come Fall he'd shut it off.

The next year just as I was thinking I couldn't bear another irrigation season of that noise I find out from the pump guy repairing mine that the offending neighbor had been unaware of the noise until he fired it up for the new season. When he heard how awful it was he was aghast and immediately had it serviced.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Amazing that the impeller lasted that long.

Perishable food sold in quantities that will cover multiple meals that does not come in resealable containers.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Yeah. Loads a mite slow.

my neighbor down the hall just warned me not to park across the street from our building in the two spaces that are clearly marked with yellow paint and signed as a loading zone for the nearby hotel

he was outraged that he had gotten not one but two $23 tickets in the last two days

I said

“ no shit motherfucker

you’re a fucking idiot “

he wasn’t amused
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

You'd think the first ticket might have given him a clue.

Went fishing on the rez today. Paid the tribal lands permit and shelled out an extra $35 for the 2.5 miles of fly fishing only "trophy water" to avoid the methheads from Jackson County with their confederate flag shorts and nude toddlers. Planned to get my money's worth and fish all day. Got to the pullout and began fishing without a soul in sight. An hour in, the whitetrash floatilla began trickling down. Apparently they allow an outfitter to run tubing trips starting at the upstream boundary of the "trophy water" section and ending at the downstream boundary. Didn't see another fish in the hour before I left.

If this was basically any other stretch of water in the state, I would expect nothing less but since I paid a rod fee specifically to avoid this, I am quite annoyed. Then again, I did go fishing on a Saturday.

-end rant-
    swing your fucking sword.

Dumbass out of town builders that have no respect for the fact that they are working in a neighborhood and think it's totally ok to fire up an air compressor and framing nail gun at 6 in the fucking morning.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Dumbass out of town builders that have no respect for the fact that they are working in a neighborhood and think it's totally ok to fire up an air compressor and framing nail gun at 6 in the fucking morning.
    Fuck that noise. Literally.
    swing your fucking sword.

Does your town have a noise ordinance? Ours is 7 and pretty much all of the pros respect it. Homeowners OTOH...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Does your town have a noise ordinance? Ours is 7 and pretty much all of the pros respect it. Homeowners OTOH...
    Yeah we do and it's 7. We had a talk about appropriate noise levels and what the town codes are this morning.

You're exactly right on the circumstance too. There have been 5 lots developed in our neighborhood in the past 5 years including mine. The 3 houses that were built by folks that already lived in town were respectful of those times. The two that have been built by out of town second homeowners that are quasi DIYing their own builds are the ones that don't give a shit about the effect of their actions on others.

In Sacto there are special limits for leaf blowers--9-6 except 10-4 on Sunday. (Because Christians, I guess)

Having UPS decide to take their sweet ass time with delivering a package that was supposed to be here by now. Now they're saying middle of next week. It's a hudge bundle of tools and parts I was depending on to start working on my car(s). I had the whole weekend schedule cleared so I could wrench all weekend. Now I get to do other house projects instead. That's cool and all, but I was HOPING to have a functioning car instead. Oh well. Tracking for another package with the parts to complete the job says it won't get here til end of next week. Oh yeah. I also paid extra for 2-day shipping, so thanks UPS. At least the parts company refunded my extra shipping costs so at least they were cool.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

The 2 dogs I am watching are annoying me. After finding one trying to break out of the fence (digging and pulling at the chicken wire) and emailing the owner, she says "oh, he does that sometimes, he has separation anxiety". Think you might have wanted to share that before you left them with me? So I now keep him locked inside when I leave, and he apparently knows how to open the sliding back door to get out, so I have to lock that too. And the other one is leaving tufts of black fur all over the house. And one of them pissed on the floor too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

People who block the bar at weddings, etc after they already have their drinks so nobody else can get one

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

I have received 8 spam phone calls today. Before today, they were a rare occurrence.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

How many were in Chinese? You don't rank unless you get them in Chinese.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The 2 dogs I am watching are annoying me. After finding one trying to break out of the fence (digging and pulling at the chicken wire) and emailing the owner, she says "oh, he does that sometimes, he has separation anxiety". Think you might have wanted to share that before you left them with me? So I now keep him locked inside when I leave, and he apparently knows how to open the sliding back door to get out, so I have to lock that too. And the other one is leaving tufts of black fur all over the house. And one of them pissed on the floor too.
    One nice thing about my dog being an asshole is that I no longer get asked all the time to watch friend’s dogs.
    “Sorry, I can’t. baxter doesn’t like other dogs very much”
    Such a great silver lining.
    skid luxury

Toilet paper ads have become way to personal and detailed

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Toilet paper ads have become way to personal and detailed
    This. If you wanted to hear all about it you'd just follow me on TRG.