Page 1019 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 ... LastLast
Results 25,451 to 25,475 of 45938
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When you're really grown up, ie old, kids gone, been cooking 7 nights a week for 40+ years, you'll realize that the grown up thing is to eat out as much as you can afford. However, when it requires a minimum of 45 minutes for the wife to do hair, makeup, and dress to go to the Thai place, you order in more. And since is the shit that annoys thread--people who lecture me on what's healthy to eat. You're not my doctor, so STFU.
    My diagnosis is that you're definitely consuming too much fat and sodium. Makes you grouchy, like an old goat. Lighten up on that.

Poor spreadsheet design annoys me. Use the tabs, people; use formulas. It's not hard. And for fuck's sake, be consistent in your layouts, fonts, colors, etc.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I can honestly say that I haven't personally called and ordered a delivery pizza since college. And that was a long fucking time ago.

I cook. It's cheaper and healthier, and grown up.
    Concerned about your health and figure? Here’s a great aerobics tune.

Lyrics:
    Yeah, I'm losing my edge.
    I'm losing my edge.
    The kids are coming up from behind.
    I'm losing my edge.
    I'm losing my edge to the kids from France and from London.
    But I was there.
    I was there in 1968.
    I was there at the first Can show in Cologne.
    I'm losing my edge.
    I'm losing my edge to the kids whose footsteps I hear when they get on the decks.
    I'm losing my edge to the Internet seekers who can tell me every member of every good group from 1962 to 1978.
    I'm losing my edge.
    To all the kids in Tokyo and Berlin.
    I'm losing my edge to the art-school Brooklynites in little jackets and borrowed nostalgia for the unremembered eighties.
    But I'm losing my edge.
    I'm losing my edge, but I was there.
    I was there.
    But I was there.
    I'm losing my edge.
    I'm losing my edge.
    I can hear the footsteps every night on the decks.
    But I was there.
    I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City.
    I was working on the organ sounds with much patience.
    I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band.
    I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime."
    I was there.
    I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
    I played it at CBGB's.
    Everybody thought I was crazy.
    We all know.
    I was there.
    I was there.
    I've never been wrong.
    I used to work in the record store.
    I had everything before anyone.
    I was there in the Paradise Garage DJ booth with Larry Levan.
    I was there in Jamaica during the great sound clashes.
    I woke up naked on the beach in Ibiza in 1988.
    But I'm losing my edge to better-looking people with better ideas and more talent.
    And they're actually really, really nice.
    I'm losing my edge.
    I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.
    I hear you're buying a synthesizer and an arpeggiator and are throwing your computer out the window because you want to make something real. You want to make a Yaz record.
    I hear that you and your band have sold your guitars and bought turntables.
    I hear that you and your band have sold your turntables and bought guitars.
    I hear everybody that you know is more relevant than everybody that I know.
    But have you seen my records? This Heat, Pere Ubu, Outsiders, Nation of Ulysses, Mars, The Trojans, The Black Dice, Todd Terry, the Germs, Section 25, Althea and Donna, Sexual Harrassment, a-ha, Pere Ubu, Dorothy Ashby, PIL, the Fania All-Stars, the Bar-Kays, the Human League, the Normal, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Monks, Niagra,
    Joy Division, Lower 48, the Association, Sun Ra,
    Scientists, Royal Trux, 10cc,
    Eric B. and Rakim, Index, Basic Channel, Soulsonic Force ("just hit me"!), Juan Atkins, David Axelrod, Electric Prunes, Gil! Scott! Heron!, the Slits, Faust, Mantronix, Pharaoh Sanders and the Fire Engines, the Swans, the Soft Cell, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics.
    You don't know what you really want

Hard to blame the design. When you turn off the faucet, the hose and faucet are still full of water, so how is the non freeze faucet supposed to drain--the water has no place to go. Now if you completely drained the hose the last time you use it before freeze season you might be ok--I'm not a plumber so I don't know for sure, but if you did that you would have removed the hose.
    I mean I get that this design needs that. Just wish there were other designs instead. Mostly because I clearly need something more idiot proof.

Cities that restrict public parks to locals only or charge out-of-towners a fee annoy me. This is a fairly new thing. Yeah the locals' taxes pay for the parks but the visitors are paying taxes somewhere else. There was a time when people were more hospitable but I guess those days are over and we all try to build walls, literal or figurative, around ourselves.
    Since we’re talking parks, the local park where I used to live got rid of all their trash cans. Some kind of bid to save money on maintaining the park. There was a dumpster outside of the park where you were supposed to carry your stuff to. Net result, surprise surprise, was that there was garbage all over the park. Strangest thing.
    focus.

Sounds like most of America. Not enough trash bins for too many lazy slobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band.
    I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime."]
    He never took that advice.
    But life in the desert in an old airstream trailer does sound appealing.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    What? This happens? How? Where?
    SF, Carmel, other rich places in Norcal for starters. SF charges admission to the arboretum in GG Park for out-of-towners for example. It's harder with non gated parks but signs make people unwelcome and if someone complains and calls the cops they can ask for proof of residency.

On a different annoying subject:
    "You never told me that."
    "I am telling you."

Why is that never good enough?

SF, Carmel, other rich places in Norcal for starters. SF charges admission to the arboretum in GG Park for out-of-towners for example. It's harder with non gated parks but signs make people unwelcome and if someone complains and calls the cops they can ask for proof of residency.

On a different annoying subject:
    "You never told me that."
    "I am telling you."

Why is that never good enough?
    Agh! That’s a variant of “well when were you planning on telling me?!” “Uh.... now? I’m telling you now?”
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Poor spreadsheet design annoys me. Use the tabs, people; use formulas. It's not hard. And for fuck's sake, be consistent in your layouts, fonts, colors, etc.
    And don't send out a spreadsheet that people usually print out without formatting it to print.

Motos ruined one of my favorite trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Something about using machines, virtual or IRL, disables the social responsibility switch.
    This bears repeating.

Driving back from Baker today an 18 wheeler rolled a stop sign, so I hit the brakes just in case. Asshat who had been tailgating me in his shiny-as-fuck 3/4T honks. Go.Fuck.Yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This bears repeating.

Driving back from Baker today an 18 wheeler rolled a stop sign, so I hit the brakes just in case. Asshat who had been tailgating me in his shiny-as-fuck 3/4T honks. Go.Fuck.Yourself.
    That's the new normal. When you fuck up driving--tailgating for example, honk at the person you fucked up (or in your case the person who is driving safely). If they honk first, honk longer. Let them know that you have the right to fuck them up and that they'd better learn to like it.

that one bozo who whistles.
    tweedly-tweedly-tweedly while bee-bopping through the parking lot.

cmon man.

I think this has already been covered, but it bears repeating, because it's annoying as fuck.

I went up to Hyak for an after work ski yesterday evening, and was one of three cars in the parking lot. As I'm booting up on my bumper, some asshat proceeds to pull in and park right next to me. The oblivious dipshit parked so close that the driver couldn't fully open their door without hitting my open door, and then had the audacity to ask if I would mind closing my side door. I just stared at him and he eventually slithered out of a partially open door instead of electing to park literally anywhere else except 2 feet from me in an empty parking lot.

I wish I had drained a couple of their tires on my out. Whoever you are dude, eat shit and die.

Why didn't you say something instead of bitching on the internet?

You are fueling the problem.

When I ripped open the aneurysm (that I didn't know I had until then) on my abdominal aorta it was because I got all fuckin ragey about some dipshit who parked right next to me in an empty lot so I decided to get in anyways and got stuck halfway in the car. I woulda saved myself a shit ton of trouble by just walking around getting in the passenger side. Something to keep in mind.

I did a limbo once too that I regretted.

No limbo for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

I wish I had drained a couple of their tires on my out. Whoever you are dude, eat shit and die.
    Yeah, cuz a cowardly act of vandalism is so well justified by an inconsiderate park job. Did you tell him to eat shit and die to his face?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PowHound84 View Post
    Yeah, cuz a cowardly act of vandalism is so well justified by an inconsiderate park job. Did you tell him to eat shit and die to his face?

I didn't say slash them, just bleed 'em flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I mean I get that this design needs that. Just wish there were other designs instead. Mostly because I clearly need something more idiot proof.
    Don't feel too bad about that, when I moved into my home in 1998, Boise had experienced a multiday below zero event while I was gone on vacation back to Wisconsin. I came home to find out my sprinkler system backflow preventer had cracked because I didn't know to have it blown out before winter, needless to say I had a rather sizeable water bill from United Water.

First time I had experienced a sprinkler system with a home.

Quote Originally Posted by PowHound84 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I didn't say slash them, just bleed 'em flat.
    uh, draining someone's tires is still a cowardly act of vandalism, it just isn't one that necessarily causes permanent damage.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Which is why it ended up being written about in the "Shit That Annoys You" thread, instead of actually happening.

Anyone with a few functioning brain cells and a bit of common sense should have the ability to interpret the look you gave him correctly: Shit-for-brains, why don't you back out and park your car a few feet over.

It is super annoying when people park like that. I cant help but glare then try and walk away fast... ain’t gonna rustle stupid.