Page 1428 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 ... LastLast
Results 35,676 to 35,700 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The first statement is true.

The second statement does not sound like any CRT I've read.

I'm very leery of any group named Parents Defending Education.
    This

CRT freaks people out because certain politicians want to use it to freak people out, just like the decided to make "right to life" an issue in the 70's. It's a wedge issue the actual facts of which make no difference to the politicians blabbering about it. The don't understand what it is and don't care.

The idea that there are systemic social and political constructs, purposefully or organically created, that disadvantage people of color is not in any way a new concept. And it’s obviously true. That’s at the root of critical race theory.

I can’t see how anyone can really factually question that. Nor do I see a way that will harm kids if they learn about it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    The idea that there are systemic social and political constructs, purposefully or organically created, that disadvantage people of color is not in any way a new concept. And it’s obviously true. That’s at the root of critical race theory.

I can’t see how anyone can really factually question that. Nor do I see a way that will harm kids if they learn about it.

This.

It harms the parents when the kids come home & say “that’s what YOU do”

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    It harms the parents when the kids come home & say “that’s what YOU do”
    Whatever it is they're teaching your kids it's not critical race theory. The point of CRT is that racism is built into the structure of our society and is not dependent on individual racist acts by individual racist theories. (Not that those don't exist.)

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Corporate re-orgs. I've seen this happen sooooo many times at work - my job never changes, just the people not fixing any problems are different.
    No fucking shit.
    Or when you can tell a new team or the next nepotistic hire reimplement a program thinking it's some hot new shit when it didn't even work the first time!

Painting. Walls, ceilings, trim, exterior or interior, all of it.

Huh, now that it is drying it looks pretty good......

Nah, fuck painting.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fuck painting, yes
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thirded. Fuck painting.

Fuck painting!

X5…….

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    My understanding of the essence of CRT is that it lumps white people in to an "oppressor" group and everyone else in to the "oppressed" group. I know this is grossly oversimplified, but that's what happens at a children's curriculum level. Please tell me if this is incorrect.
    as usual, NPR has clear and concise coverage of the issue
    https://www.npr.org/2021/06/20/10084...al-race-theory

My understanding is that CRT is an academic legal term and the field looks at how legal infrastructure carries an inherent bias against minorities.

Car dealers being so cocky these days. So there's finally a vehicle my wife and I are interested in. 2022 Civic hatch with the 6MT. Been talking to a salesman for a few weeks who I told to give me a shout when the hatch's become available. I told him originally I'm only interested in it if it has 3 pedals. First hatch comes on to the lot (CVT of course but NFW) so he gives me a shout to at least let me know they're out. Cool. I ask him about ordering one in manual flavor so he talks to his manager then gets back to me telling me there's no such thing and if I'd be interested in a blatantly overpriced 2019 Si. No. I literally had to walk him through Honda's website to get him to see the builder where yes, you can order one with a manual. He's like "Oh. I better tell my manager. Let me call you back." Calls back and is like "So with a $500 deposit, we can try and snag you one if it comes in, but with the market the way it is, it won't be MSRP." I'm like "WTF are you talking about? I'm willing to pay what the window sticker says, but not more than that." He gets back to me like "Uhh, can we meet somewhere in the middle? Like 3K over MSRP?" Uhhh, what? You guys were gonna try and screw me for 6K over? That would've been like a 30% increase. GFY. I told him I'll wait til shit gets back to normal before ever paying MORE than retail. Screw that. I'm out. Especially when there's like 12 other dealers I can check out. They might also say the same thing but I refuse to play games like that. Perhaps I should stick to geriatric Euro jalopies that nobody else wants (for good reason). Haha.

Shit that annoys you

If yer tryna pay MSRP in this economy, yer gonna have a bad time….

I love Honda vehicles but every experience I had at the dealership (sales or service) is just spectacularly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I love Honda vehicles but every experience I had at the dealership (sales or service) is just spectacularly bad.
    Well that stinks. That was my beef with my Mazdas too. Great cars. Terrible dealers IME. Maybe I should go back to Cadillac someday. Local dealer treated me like royalty there and was always a superb experience. Even when I'd come rolling in with my battered 90s hooptie. They made it actually worth the premium. Unlike my Volvo dealer which costs even more AND provides terrible service. No lube and not even the common courtesy of a reach around.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    This.

If your current car runs, and it's not an *emergency* to buy something else, then DON'T! Just hang tight. I'd guess you may be hanging tight for up to a year - but right now is NOT the time to be buying a new car. (Or really, any car at all - since all that demand is also putting unusual pressure on the used market too.)

There's a ton more detail, but the take home message is; just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Painting. Walls, ceilings, trim, exterior or interior, all of it.

Huh, now that it is drying it looks pretty good......

Nah, fuck painting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Fuck painting, yes
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Thirded. Fuck painting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Fuck painting!
    As probably 95% of the population feels this way, it makes my $35-$75 hourly rate fairly easy to earn.
    And I like making something look better or at least different. It's hard on the body though, like yoga for 8+ hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    X5…….

This...is...hilarious. Roller right to the mug. And plainly an accident. My crew and I would've been on the ground laughing.

Lifespan of phone charging cords is annoying. Seems to average to about two weeks. The better the cord looks, the worse it is.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    This.

If your current car runs, and it's not an *emergency* to buy something else, then DON'T! Just hang tight. I'd guess you may be hanging tight for up to a year - but right now is NOT the time to be buying a new car. (Or really, any car at all - since all that demand is also putting unusual pressure on the used market too.)

There's a ton more detail, but the take home message is; just wait.
    Bummer, but my first experience indicates that you both are right on that one. Yeah. It's been about a decade and about a half million miles collectively since I've bought a car. I can definitely play the long game on this one. Not playing dealer games. ESPECIALLY if I'm not getting exactly what I want. Cars are wayyyy too expensive these days at market rates. MSRPs on the econo cars are still decent, but too bad dealers gonna be pricks about it. But slimey is par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Lifespan of phone charging cords is annoying. Seems to average to about two weeks. The better the cord looks, the worse it is.
    Hmm, are you female? I’ve been using the same charging cord for over two years.

I've had multiple deals worked out for new 2021 trucks less then MSRP.

Only reason I didn't sign was after a few test drives they weren't quite what I wanted.

The assholes with just below MSRP listed on their web page, and then jacking the price to $6k over, is what annoys me. Pricing error on 3rd party web service my ass.....

With the low availability of cars, why are you looking local? Here’s one in Salem the only manual I found anywhere.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1635204355.219219.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	290.8 KB 
ID:	390346
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I just got really lucky on a new 2021 Corolla commuter for the wife; a mid-level trim package for under msrp of the base model. I was shocked at the discount. Maybe because it’s black?