Page 1085 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 ... LastLast
Results 27,101 to 27,125 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    they are somewhat like car insurance cos - for most people its a commodity, but consumers don't treat it like one and hence dont bother to shop around.
    If you know of a place that doesn’t do all of the bullshit, please share

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Fucking eye dentists are worse than teeth dentists. They make you come in every year, pay them $200, then they hold you hostage if you want to - god forbid - change contact brands. Plus an extra $80 for a “contact exam” which as far as I can tell is absolutely nothing extra.

Grifters extraordinaire
    Dude. You need to find yourself a new eye dentist. If you've got a Costco around, I'd recommend starting there, if they have one in-house...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dude. You need to find yourself a new eye dentist. If you've got a Costco around, I'd recommend starting there, if they have one in-house...
    The Costco here was ten bucks cheaper but 45 mins out of the way.

Those dollar amounts above are inflated of course, like any good Irish rant :P but my point is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    If you know of a place that doesn’t do all of the bullshit, please share
    I asked my eye-rentier for a 2 year prescription and he said no problem. I can't comment on your eyes, or your eye-rentier market, just personal experience that there was a range of fees.

stating the obvious all of those infrequent consumer purchases tend to be opaque inefficient markets (eye-rentiers, mattresses, tires, etc.). Bolded being my current irritation.

Fuck, don't get me started on tires...

Econ majors annoy me ; -- )

“eye-rentier”?
    I don’t understand that

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    “eye-rentier”?
    I don’t understand that
    Like a landlord for your eyes?
    Does that allow you to upgrade to a better view?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

It’s called dodgeball for a reason.....but hey let’s charge a kid with assault for playing a game at school
    http://10-year-old boy charged with ...R0y58-K-6vBqAQ
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Safari won't open that link, but count me as VERY annoyed at the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Safari won't open that link, but count me as VERY annoyed at the concept.
    10-year-old boy charged with assault for injuring classmate in dodgeball-like game
    A Michigan woman said her 10-year-old son was suspended from his elementary school, and then charged with aggravated assault, for throwing a ball that hit and injured a classmate during a game students were playing at recess.
    The incident happened in April when students at Eriksson Elementary School in Canton Township, Michigan, were playing a game called tips, which is similar to dodgeball, according to a Facebook fundraiser posted last week by the boy's mother, Carmeishi Triplett Lindley.
    Lindley said that the ball thrown by her son, Bryce, hit another boy and allegedly resulted in the boy suffering a concussion.
    According to a police report obtained by WXYZ, the boy was hit in the face by the ball. The injured boy's mother said he has a medical condition that makes head injuries especially dangerous.
    "Clearly, this student should not have been playing a physical contact sport," Lindley posted on Facebook.
    Bryce was suspended from school following the incident and Lindley said she was notified on July 24 that her son had been charged with aggravated assault.
    "I’m just as shocked as those of you reading our story," she wrote.
    The mother of the boy hit by the ball told WXYZ that her son suffered a black eye and had a bruise on his nose. She said her son had been hit twice before in the face with a ball and the incident in April was the final straw.
    “I tried not to let it get to this point," the mother said, adding that she was worried for her son's safety.
    Lindley told the outlet that she was unaware of the other incidents in which the boy was allegedly hurt, and doesn't think her son should be facing charges.
    “I couldn’t believe it," she said. "This is a kid that was playing on the playground with his friends."
    A spokesperson for Plymouth-Canton Community Schools told NBC News in a statement on Tuesday that the incident between Bryce and the other student was "handled by the school district in accordance with the applicable district policies and the Student Code of Conduct."
    The spokesperson said they could not provide further details on the incident because of privacy laws, but said the district did not get authorities involved.
    "The district is unable to comment on how or when any criminal authority involvement occurred," the spokesperson said. "Additionally, since the matter was initially handled by the school district in April, the district has had no further involvement in this matter."
    Lindley did not immediately return NBC News' request for comment. She posted on Facebook that Bryce has a court appearance on Thursday. She started the fundraiser to raise money for his attorney’s fees. So far, the campaign has raised more than $12,500, surpassing its $4,000 goal
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

As usual, the actual story has some nuance to it....

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/rising-...e-of-dodgeball

I couldn't open the link either, but there plausible scenarios where a line could be crossed. These kind of incidents get misrepresented a lot in early media reports and can take on a life of their own. I'd withhold your outrage for now.

I remember games of dodgeball where certain kids were singled out and viciously pelted with balls...

Not saying the kid should be charged with assault, but hes probably not completely innocent.

and now we have the sjw take on the situation.......

The kids today wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes on the playgrounds of the 70's.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I couldn't open the link either, but there plausible scenarios where a line could be crossed. These kind of incidents get misrepresented a lot in early media reports and can take on a life of their own. I'd withhold your outrage for now.
    This stuff used to be handled in school charging a 10 year old kid seems a bit excessive

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    And now we have the bully's take on the situation. Read the second link--the ball was supposed to be thrown in the air, the kid charged apparently threw it directly at the victim's face. Also apparently the victim had been a target before. Sounds like school discipline was appropriate, I don't agree with assault charges unless there have been other incidents.

I was severely traumatized playing dodgeball--which we played in gym class. Girls who caught a ball would give it to a boy to throw--always one of the athletic popular kids. As one of the class nerds I was never the recipient, until one day the ugliest girl in the class--she might have been very nice but no one talked to her---ran over to me with a huge grin on her face and gave it to me. I'm ashamed to this day that I was so embarrassed I gave the ball to someone else. Kids can be awfully cruel. So can adults.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    “eye-rentier”?
    I don’t understand that
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rentier_capitalism

eye-docs of course do have value, but the rant is that they are gatekeepers not providing much value just collecting $$ on the power of writing prescriptions

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    We’ve pretty much heard every fucking side rationalize their dumb remarks

Charges seem a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Having grown up as a shithead that got away with a lot of nonsense I have sympathy for the kid that got hurt. Kids are psychos in a lot of social settings & need to be disciplined. Concussing a classmate seems like a reasonable spot to draw the line.
    The kid deserves punishment but does he to be charged criminally?

It is a 10 year old

Somebody forgot to dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.
    And If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball

RIP Patches O'Houlihan

Our teachers sanctioned some sort of dodgeball type thing where we'd all line up against the (brick) wall of the school and usually the biggest, meanest kids would whip the ball at your head. The good ol 70s.