Page 1542 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 ... LastLast
Results 38,526 to 38,550 of 46052

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Anytime I see caulk mentioned I think of this.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Fireworks. Burn money making loud noises. My dogs hate it. Then top it off with a smoke detector failure going off at 2am. My poor dogs need therapy.

Between the neighborhood random fireworks and me running the SkilSaw, my poor dog also needs therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Fireworks. Burn money making loud noises.
    The local fire dept has a sign that reads 'Fireworks are money up in smoke'

Shit that annoys you

Our neighborhood celebrates our country and our veterans by using fake artillery to re-traumatize our vet neighbor with a sign outside that says “I’m a vet with PTSD, please don’t shoot of fireworks.”

‘Merica.

PDX doesn’t allow fireworks of any kind currently
    Not clear that everyone got the memo tho

That’s definitely put a dent in it this year I think, but sounds like hasn’t eliminated it unfortunately

No fireworks allowed here either. I took a moto ride over to one of our beaches yesterday. And of course one guy is shooting fireworks off from his party spot. Got to watch him get busted by police on ATVs patrolling the beach. Might take a ride over there again later, it's a total shit show and good people watching / entertainment. More annoying was random fireworks going off all over the neighborhood until 3-4am.

Cut the tip of my finger this morning
    Hopefully the chunk reattaches, but it was looking pale so it’s not looking good
    Exercise is off the table til i can get the wound sealed up
    Incredibly annoying

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    No fireworks allowed here either. I took a moto ride over to one of our beaches yesterday. And of course one guy is shooting fireworks off from his party spot. Got to watch him get busted by police on ATVs patrolling the beach. Might take a ride over there again later, it's a total shit show and good people watching / entertainment. More annoying was random fireworks going off all over the neighborhood until 3-4am.
    How close are you to the ocean? The salt in the air might explain this happening to you so much.

No idea why I'm so special. Here's another one I just found this afternoon.

Attachment 420615

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Cut the tip of my finger this morning
    Hopefully the chunk reattaches, but it was looking pale so it’s not looking good
    Exercise is off the table til i can get the wound sealed up
    Incredibly annoying
    Oh yikes! Hopefully it reattaches for you

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    How close are you to the ocean? The salt in the air might explain this happening to you so much.
    Hadn't thought of that. I'm about a mile from the water....which is on 3 sides of me in Point Loma.

how the fuck does that even happen? now i gotta go find some caulk on a holiday…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29AE7EE1-3DB3-46F8-A154-A27DFD55ADDB.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	883.5 KB 
ID:	420663

Hadn't thought of that. I'm about a mile from the water....which is on 3 sides of me in Point Loma.
    I bet you get a decent amount of airborne salt there. The topic came up for a work project a few years ago, I was surprised how far inland salt can be an issue, though of course it depends on the weather and the water source with protected salt water not putting as much salt into the air.

::: ::: Heal up, hope it's not too bad an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    PDX doesn’t allow fireworks of any kind currently
    Not clear that everyone got the memo tho
    In my neighborhood, no one got the memo.

Like 1A last night and "BOOM!"
    My poor doggo.

(To be fair though the volume is way down, from two years ago. It's just that now it only sounds like Brazil not Eastern Ukraine. And yes, first world problems. It could be Brazil or Eastern Ukraine, I get it.)

Shit that annoys you

Sorry for your doggos out there
    Ours seem to be fine with what booms we’ve had

Finger will be fine (thx Abe & supermoon) — I’m paying the stupid tax tho walking around with my finger elevated & likely out of swimming for a while til it seals up proper.
    I went to urgent care to just have someone with actual med experience look at it and have it wrapped “properly”. In retrospect, I think I (& mrs ::: :: had done a better job with a more secure & svelte wrap. The pro made a big corndog of wrappings. Oh well, they did give me confidence that it’s properly addressed at this point; that was worth going. I’ll unwrap & glue it in a few days to keep it secure.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Fireworks in the hands of citizens annoy me. It's okay at my place because I'm surrounded by wheat and hay fields and people aren't stupid enough to risk their livelyhood but man the local FB pages with post after post for lost pets and terrified livestock not to mention all the fires that are set in town. Not sure of the total count of fires for W2 bu in a 12hr period there wre 61 fire calls in the Tri-cities. Idiots.

Let the big boys do them or ban the booms and go to light shows.

At least some people try to help - all our local vets were on duty 24 hrs on the 3rd and 4th to attend to injured animals and yes, they were very busy calling on FB for any and all volunteers.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Fireworks in the hands of citizens annoy me. It's okay at my place because I'm surrounded by wheat and hay fields and people aren't stupid enough to risk their livelyhood but man the local FB pages with post after post for lost pets and terrified livestock not to mention all the fires that are set in town. Not sure of the total count of fires for W2 bu in a 12hr period there wre 61 fire calls in the Tri-cities. Idiots.

Let the big boys do them or ban the booms and go to light shows.

At least some people try to help - all our local vets were on duty 24 hrs on the 3rd and 4th to attend to injured animals and yes, they were very busy calling on FB for any and all volunteers.
    I agree. Fucking stupid. Grown ass men and women, but mostly men, playing with the toys that they didn't get to play with when they were 12.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I agree. Fucking stupid. Grown ass men and women, but mostly men, playing with the toys that they didn't get to play with when they were 12.
    I saw someone point out that it seems like all these "let's go Brandon!" types who constantly bitch and moan about the current price of gas and everything else somehow seem to have the money to buy enough fireworks to light them off more or less continuously for three days.

I kind of enjoy making things go boom, but not more than I dislike paying for them or cleaning up after them. Add that it terrifies one of my dogs who has to be crated during the worst of this time of year and I’ll probably never set off another firework again, even after she’s old and gone.

Watching somebody else set off little fireworks does absolutely nothing for me.

My ex invited me and my fiancé over for their fireworks extravaganza next weekend, with her sister and other extended family. Don’t wanna go. It sounds absolutely terrible, actually.
    focus.

July 5th.

Every park I passed on my morning bike commute was completely trashed. Fireworks packaging everywhere… but also containers from catered food / park BBQs. What kind of fucking animal has a family BBQ at the park and thinks it’s acceptable to just leave all their styrofoam takeout containers and foil trays behind.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah, the price of gas has the Brandon crowd here acting out in bizarrely irrational ways like going off on people with electric cars (because it's somehow their fault???) yet gladly making the round trip to the rez in their brodozers to drop hundreds on boom sticks that could never measure up to the free/taxpayer funded show on the waterfront.

I too used to like playing with explosives. Pretty sure I've told the 'motorcycle fork as cannon turned pipe bomb' story on here, but as an actual adult who respects the social contract - and dog owner - I fucking hate fireworks. And if I'm being honest, they're kinda boring.