Page 474 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... LastLast
Results 11,826 to 11,850 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I was at a Devil game years ago and some drunkards were acting like a-holes pounding on the glass in the corner during warmups. The game started and they're even more F'd up and obnoxious. Big time hit in the corner and the beer they had put on the ledge in front of them totally saturates them, not to mention the lost $20 for the beers. Everyone cheered. Payback.
    My uncle one year had 3rd deck seats at Tiger Stadium for Lions' games. Last row--behind us was a low wall and people standing behind it. One guy had set up a bar on the top of the wall--bunch of bottles, one of which got dumped on my brother. Bad shit always happened to my brother, still does. Best way to watch football though, as high as you can get (in more ways than one.) Particularly at an old, or old style stadium, where the seats pretty much go straight up.

This asshole sat in the locker room blowdrying his boots for 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    This asshole sat in the locker room blowdrying his boots for 20 minutes.

Benny?

Are we done with the parents v. non-parents? That was pretty good, but I wanted to bitch about shower gel in hotels. Just give me a fucking bar of soap that doesn't slide off my hand moments after I pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    ...one of which got dumped on my brother. Bad shit always happened to my brother, still does.
    I don't generally believe in luck or fortune, but my kids have me questioning my (non) believe.

My daughter could trip out of a second story window...and she'd land in a Bentley lined with gold flaked down feathers. My son would be walking on the sidewalk minding his own business...and be hit by that Bentley...and then the goose would shit on him..and the Bentley would be stolen and with no insurance.

The sun just seems to shine on some; while others just can seem to catch a break.

Not an annoyance, just something your post reminded me of.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

My uncle one year had 3rd deck seats at Tiger Stadium for Lions' games.
    Damn, you ARE an old goat!

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I don't generally believe in luck or fortune, but my kids have me questioning my (non) believe.

My daughter could trip out of a second story window...and she'd land in a Bentley lined with gold flaked down feathers. My son would be walking on the sidewalk minding his own business...and be hit by that Bentley...and then the goose would shit on him..and the Bentley would be stolen and with no insurance.

The sun just seems to shine on some; while others just can seem to catch a break.

Not an annoyance, just something your post reminded me of.
    We had a lift op at the ski area I work at like your son. We called him Bad Luck Larry. Fell out of a chair, got hit by a chair and injured (twice), fell asleep at the wheel and crashed, then broke his tib/fib on a box in the park. I felt bad telling him to quit crying but shit that was annoying.

Then there's Spider Bite Mike. Bit twice by spiders in the same lift shack. Anaphylactic shock ER trips. Also got sunscreen in his eyes and had a bad reaction. Really fun flushing his eyes out with the eye wash unit and listening to him scream. Those things push out a lotta cold water.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

My brother is the nicest guy, his three kids are all fuckups. My wife and I, OTOH, are not the nicest people and our kids are nicer and doing better than we deserve. My brother had a heart attack at 35 (doing OK since). One time he let go of a rappel rope going over an edge. He had forgotten how to tie a prussic--I had to yell up at him instructions. When he let go the knot didn't hold and he went sliding down the ice gully we were in towards a cliff. Until the prussic caught the knot at the end of the rope and he stopped. I was so shook I forgot to untie the knot and the rope stuck when I tried to pull it down. Wound up leaving the rope and quitting the trip and heading home--climbing was not the right sport for my brother.

I've come to the realization that my brother is also one of those people that for whatever reason just has super bad luck
    If something bad can happen to him, it will (the latest is a refrigerator size boulder rolled down the hillside and smashed his car not 10 days after getting it back after hitting a deer- and this is only the tip- there's a long list)
    Luckily he's funny as hell and generally keeps a good attitude about it but I almost want to keep my distance bc the murphy's law has some weird vortex around him that none of us other 3 kids experience
    skid luxury

My brother is the nicest guy, his three kids are all fuckups. My wife and I, OTOH, are not the nicest people and our kids are nicer and doing better than we deserve.
    Funny you write that. My son is a super sweet kid..shy, well mannered...for some reason: walks with his head down. His sister is a little shit...a whirling dervish/tazmanian devil...with a BIG smile on her face and a gleam in her eye.

what the fuck is the big deal with these fiddle spinner toys?

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    It's annoying that I kind of know what you're talking about, though mainly through ads.

The one in our house met the trash within two days. Since they've been banned from school, the wife and I hope it's the end of the fad.

how about the lotus birthday candles that open up and play happy birthday until the battery dies. except the battery never dies.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    how about the lotus birthday candles that open up and play happy birthday until the battery dies. except the battery never dies.

Holy shit! We had one as a White Elephant gift at our xmas party last year. Wouldn't stop, put it out on the deck in sub zero temps. Woke up the next day and it was still playing. Stomped it for five minutes before it stopped. Those things and cockroaches will be all that is left after nuclear holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Holy shit! We had one as a White Elephant gift at our xmas party last year. Wouldn't stop, put it out on the deck in sub zero temps. Woke up the next day and it was still playing. Stomped it for five minutes before it stopped. Those things and cockroaches will be all that is left after nuclear holocaust
    ours played for 4 days outside before i assassinated it, which was not nearly as satisfying as it should have been.

We have two here...it's just a fad

This made me think of the padded room today....Name:  IMG_0080.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  89.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Are we done with the parents v. non-parents? That was pretty good, but I wanted to bitch about shower gel in hotels. Just give me a fucking bar of soap that doesn't slide off my hand moments after I pick it up.
    Fuck yes. I got put up in a hotel recently (not the one that gives out random room keys with ladies singing in the shower - I gotta update that thread soon), an Aloft that is in on this cheap ass swindle of providing gel dispensers instead of soap.

For those not familiar with Aloft hotels, they're owned by W and are like a W if the W had a younger brother who rode a stupid Razor scooter all day, used words like "extreme", paints exclusively with neons, and communicates exclusively through hashtags.

Not that they've always been horrible - my wife and I got to party with Joey Santiago and Kim Deal at one after a Pixies show in Charleston - but at least in that not too distant past they offered regular fucking bars of soap and not cheap gel dispensers like its a damned rub n tug.
    I still call it The Jake.

Great for ADD types.

Having chased every shiney object nearby if it is unrelated to whatever my focus should be, I'm am completely perplexed as to how these fidget things would help in any way w ADHD

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post

Great for ADD types.
    Yeah but it's just a toy. Like a yo yo or a bouncy ball or something. Annoying if overdone but harmless and really not a big deal. Why make a big deal of it?

My kid is acting like a jackass with it. Why?

Yeah but it's just a toy. Like a yo yo or a bouncy ball or something. Annoying if overdone but harmless and really not a big deal. Why make a big deal of it?

My kid is acting like a jackass with it. Why?
    Who knows. My 5 year old is the same, walks all over the house spinning it. Probably just today's Tickle Me Elmo.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    There's a neighbor available I hear
    Q better raise the price on those spinners.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post

Great for ADD types.
    #tinyhandsneedlove2