Page 1203 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 ... LastLast
Results 30,051 to 30,075 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    No skin in the game. Groomed track seems like the friendly thing to do.
    Not groomed, that would be sweet. Picture what would be left behind if a cat went up soft snow with just its tracks, no blade or tiller. Basically 4" of churned up soft snow. Exiting Cardiff is boring as hell but it's usually at least a fast luge track with fun little bumps and hops all over the sides. And dude doesn't get up early enough to save me from having to break trail.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I did a Cardiff to Mineral the other day and the snowcat was half way up George's bowl, easily above Montreal hill. I don't know what his normal is since that's the first time I've gone up Cardiff in a few years.
    And we used to bitch about the Buxtons putting 3 snowmobile tracks back there. Now there's a groomed track wandering up the bowl. Can't have nice things in the Wasatch...

Buying a costco size bunch of grapes to find they're not seedless. Crunch, crunch, crunch

This morning it really hit me. I don't really have any "In Real Life Friends" In a few hours I am going to get on a plane, fly to Huston. Load up a UHaul and help drive it back to Reno. 5 days? I live alone with my big ass old cat/ I realize am going to lock him in the house until I get back. Because I no longer have anyone in my live who I would ask to come by every couple days and look in on Mr. Kitty and maybe make sure the place don't burn down. There is no one. Mr. Kitty is here right now. I explained it all to him. I think he knows. But really how much do I suck, that He has to go through this. Because I dont have any fvreinds.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Cats are ok fine on their for several days. He will be happy to see you.

The box may be full.

ETA Locally here there is nice lady who does pet sitting. For a fee she will go to your home and check on/feed/spend time with your pets while you are away.

I would bet there is someone near you that does this.
    Last edited by SB; 02-21-2020 at 05:10 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    $129 to go Mach looney?

Do it.

It’s like they’re daring you to explode into the net.
    If I had dentist money I would add the look nova binding just to see if they would mount and ship them with a dh ski
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    skiers have to be the worst parkers on the planet. Walking from my car to the lodge this morning I counted 15 cars taking up more than one parking space and a bunch of empty spaces because of the people who had to leave their doors open to prevent someone from parking next to them. Sugar Bowl actually had a guy trying to make sure people parked reasonably close together, let people park next to them, kept their kids out of the middle of the aisle (it's ski skate week) but nobody was paying any attention to him. I was going to take a picture but my camera was out of film.
    I went to leave yesterday and some fuck parked a foot away from my passenger side so I couldn’t open the doors...
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Not groomed, that would be sweet. Picture what would be left behind if a cat went up soft snow with just its tracks, no blade or tiller. Basically 4" of churned up soft snow. Exiting Cardiff is boring as hell but it's usually at least a fast luge track with fun little bumps and hops all over the sides. And dude doesn't get up early enough to save me from having to break trail.

And we used to bitch about the Buxtons putting 3 snowmobile tracks back there. Now there's a groomed track wandering up the bowl. Can't have nice things in the Wasatch...
    actually you or carl fisher and his hippy dippy save our canyons treehuggers could have purchased the thor mine
    and done with it as you or they seemed fit
    but you or they didn't
    jd did
    http://www.miningutah.com/id298.html
    and he has the right to access that property and use his land in accordance of applicable laws
    bein butthurt and not owning Cardiff property and whining about those who do aint gonna change that fact
    Last edited by skifishbum; 02-21-2020 at 08:36 AM.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    actually you or carl fisher and his hippy dippy save our canyons treehuggers could have purchased the thor mine
    and done with it as you or they seemed fit
    but you or they didn't
    jd did
    http://www.miningutah.com/id298.html
    and he has the right to access that property and use his land in accordance of applicable laws
    bein butthurt and not owning Cardiff property and whining about those who do aint gonna change that fact
    As usual your grasp of reality is tenuous at best. I don't dispute his right to buy an old mining claim or access it any more than I disputed the Buxton's right to behave like sour cunts and put up private property signs all over Cardiff. What annoys me is the results of his cat driving shenanigans on what used to be a nice approach/egress trail. I am not asking for him to be expropriated or jailed for something he has every right to do.

This is the things that annoy you thread. Your short trigger on very selective topics and complete incoherence on most annoys me.

Network is down at work and I can't get anything done. Plus someone on my team is out today so there is a ton of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I went to leave yesterday and some fuck parked a foot away from my passenger side so I couldn’t open the doors...
    I got up to the hill a little late on a very cold pow day. Snow was thick on the road and it was snowing. I was solo and if I remember correctly it was a holiday WE like pres day or MLK- very crowded. As I was driving up scouting for a spot I see a spot where someone just left- score! It was sloped such that when I pulled straight in, the driver side was uphill and the passenger down. As I got out and closed the door, my truck started sliding down hill until just kissed the car next to me. It stopped just in time to where all it did was push the car's driver mirror in. No one was around. I had no choice but to leave it. Clearly, the only solution was for car, which was downhill, to carefully pull out. No way I was going to attempt to, as I would have most likely gone more down hill scaping the side of the car.

So I figured, I just go have a pow day and if when I get back, there's an angry person there, I just say sorry and explain what happened. I skied til last chair. Got back and the car was gone. Written on my snow caked camper shell window: "Thanks Asshole!". Guess I kinda deserved that.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I got up to the hill a little late on a very cold pow day. Snow was thick on the road and it was snowing. I was solo and if I remember correctly it was a holiday WE like pres day or MLK- very crowded. As I was driving up scouting for a spot I see a spot where someone just left- score! It was sloped such that when I pulled straight in, the driver side was uphill and the passenger down. As I got out and closed the door, my truck started sliding down hill until just kissed the car next to me. It stopped just in time to where all it did was push the car's driver mirror in. No one was around. I had no choice but to leave it. Clearly, the only solution was for car, which was downhill, to carefully pull out. No way I was going to attempt to, as I would have most likely gone more down hill scaping the side of the car.

So I figured, I just go have a pow day and if when I get back, there's an angry person there, I just say sorry and explain what happened. I skied til last chair. Got back and the car was gone. Written on my snow caked camper shell window: "Thanks Asshole!". Guess I kinda deserved that.
    ohh man. But hey, I think we can all relate. I bet you see that car again. And when you. Buy him a shot and a beer. You will both laugh about it. He was in the lot before you. "Kindrid spirit" he will understand.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Name:  poke-rims.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  26.1 KB

At Alpine the main lot is double rows of cars five or more across and 2 deep, with an aisle between each set of double rows. Except that some idiots don't get the double concept and park in the aisle, blocking the people in the rows in front and in back of them from getting out, and other idiots park 3 deep. On a busy day there's almost always someone who can't get out.

At Squaw on a busy day the parking guys put out cones to keep people from parking where they'll block people from getting out. The jerks in their Mercedi and Lexi just move the cones and park in the way.

At Alpine the main lot is double rows of cars five or more across and 2 deep, with an aisle between each set of double rows. Except that some idiots don't get the double concept and park in the aisle, blocking the people in the rows in front and in back of them from getting out, and other idiots park 3 deep. On a busy day there's almost always someone who can't get out.

At Squaw on a busy day the parking guys put out cones to keep people from parking where they'll block people from getting out. The jerks in their Mercedi and Lexi just move the cones and park in the way.
    Name:  IMG_2563.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  112.8 KB
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Do you know how many times that meme has been posted? Show some originality. Besides the fact that this entire thread if not this entire forum is people yelling at clouds. : - )

Two old men yelling back and forth, lulz.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Just went to smugmug (photo hosting site) to look for a photo. I use an old PW on the site that is simple and short, and yes, the pw was in some breach at some point, but big whoop, smugmug is a photo site.

Well, today, smugmug alerts me to the breach (mind you it wasn't a breach of their site, just a breach that has been reported), and won't let me access my photos until I change my PW. Annoyed, I click the reset pw button, get the email, and try to reset it. They require 12 characters!!! No bank of mine, credit card, my IT dept, etc, requires 12 characters. And remember, they won't let me access my photos until I do.

So I send an email to them complaining, and they send this paternalistic response that doesn't so much as have the word sorry in it. I go to FB, see someone has posted the same comment about 12 characters being insane, I respond to the post, and someone from smugmug responds, again with the paternalistic "we take your security seriously and know better than you", and again without so much as a sorry.

I don't even need smugmug, I just keep it out of convenience. But I'm freaking annoyed right now.

*old man yells at cloud.jpg*
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Two old men yelling back and forth, lulz.
    X

You are literally yelling at The Cloud.

Yes.

[ .......

The jerks in their Mercedi and Lexi just move the cones and park in the way.
    Hey, waaaiiiiit a minute ......
    My 'Cedes Sales Jibber Jabberer neglected to fill me in on this included ownership perq; I will be engaging forthwith!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Just went to smugmug (photo hosting site) to look for a photo. I use an old PW on the site that is simple and short, and yes, the pw was in some breach at some point, but big whoop, smugmug is a photo site.

Well, today, smugmug alerts me to the breach (mind you it wasn't a breach of their site, just a breach that has been reported), and won't let me access my photos until I change my PW. Annoyed, I click the reset pw button, get the email, and try to reset it. They require 12 characters!!! No bank of mine, credit card, my IT dept, etc, requires 12 characters. And remember, they won't let me access my photos until I do.

So I send an email to them complaining, and they send this paternalistic response that doesn't so much as have the word sorry in it. I go to FB, see someone has posted the same comment about 12 characters being insane, I respond to the post, and someone from smugmug responds, again with the paternalistic "we take your security seriously and know better than you", and again without so much as a sorry.

I don't even need smugmug, I just keep it out of convenience. But I'm freaking annoyed right now.

*old man yells at cloud.jpg*
    Interestingly, 12characters has...12 characters. That’s what I’d do.

My work went to 12 chararcters recently. And I spend all day moving around a lab logging into different workstations including tablets without keyboards. It sucks.

Just implant me with a chip and be done with these blasted passwords!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The part that really annoyed me was that he had about four feet on the other side of his car
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I would like to point out that there's a reasonable chance that an old man who yells at clouds will be our next President (like our current one).