Page 905 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 ... LastLast
Results 22,601 to 22,625 of 46232
    Ate to-go sushi with a fork because they forgot the chopsticks. I'm not going to lie, it was kinda nice to not have to act like I know how to use chopsticks in a restaurant. But for $50 per person, I expect chopsticks damnit! Didn't even get a fortune cookie either.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    ...The people who are constantly changing lanes...
    Yeah.
    It's called driving.

I think what you are looking for is a train.

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

car got broken into last night. idk what the fuck they were looking for but they passed up 2 pairs of expensive sunglasses, a camera tripod, and a bunch of tools for the $2 Walmart knife that was clipped to my sun visor... shit strewn everywhere and one of my boots was 20' away in the grass

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Ate to-go sushi with a fork because they forgot the chopsticks. I'm not going to lie, it was kinda nice to not have to act like I know how to use chopsticks in a restaurant. But for $50 per person, I expect chopsticks damnit! Didn't even get a fortune cookie either.
    Pretty sure I've never gotten a fortune cookie with sushi.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Pretty sure I've never gotten a fortune cookie with sushi.
    Yeah, that was the joke. Confusing the Chinese with Japanese, eating sushi w/ a fork etc. Culturally insensitive maybe, but also acknowledging stereotypes in a sarcastic manner.

ah. well, then.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    4ply sucked but not nearly the waste of bandwidth that’s dsm
    So you're not going to post in that exciting thread about noodles?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ah. well, then.
    Ironic that it coincided with your story of overindulging in edibles in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    car got broken into last night. idk what the fuck they were looking for but they passed up 2 pairs of expensive sunglasses, a camera tripod, and a bunch of tools for the $2 Walmart knife that was clipped to my sun visor... shit strewn everywhere and one of my boots was 20' away in the grass
    Weapons, cash, and drugs. In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Growing up my Aunt and Uncle had matching Jags. I remember my Mom asking my Dad why they got 2, he replied so they have one to drive while the other is in the shop.

I’m sure he didn’t make up that expression but I think about that whenever I see a Jag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like on Madmen when that one guy was embezzlong company money and he used to to buy a jag but got fired so he couldn't pay for it and so he tried to kill himself in the jag but it won't start?

4ply sucked but not nearly the waste of bandwidth that’s dsm
    truth
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    The word selfie...and any adult who uses it.
    wrong thread, should be in the shit that annoys you but shouldn't.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The proliferation of "Early Retirement" gurus who blog, write books, and manage investment properties. You aren't "retired", you've just got a different job.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    The proliferation of "Early Retirement" gurus who blog, write books, and manage investment properties. You aren't "retired", you've just got a different job.
    If you've got a 'job' that can be done while sitting on a beach in Hawaii that seems close enough to retirement to me!

chinese sushi
    We have a Mexican sushi joint in town. Big billboard on my commute. Annoying AF.

people posting in DSM threads. people stop, ok?

bobby, I could use an assist here! LOL

for fuck sake stop posting in that asshole's, inane drivel, attention whore threads. we can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    this

^thanx man

agree 100%, but don't hold your breath for people here to suddenly develop the self-control to not feed obvious trolls.

bobby, I could use an assist here! LOL

for fuck sake stop posting in that asshole's, inane drivel, attention whore threads. we can do better!
    i couldn't help myself
    at least i told him to fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    There's good info, but only so much is really useful. And by now it's just repeated everywhere.

The most hypocritical aspect I see are the "FIRE" conventions that include seminars on things like how to cut unnecessary expenses... and charge you $$$ to attend. Just another variation on "get rich quick" scheme seminars, like "how to make millions flipping real estate using other people's money."
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i couldn't help myself
    at least i told him to fuck off
    it's a phase you go through. i went through the tell him to fuck off stage also. it makes no difference. let's all learn from my mistake!

this calls for shunning. the ultimate in community disdain

just for the benefit of those who didn't grow up trolling/being trolled, posting on loads of not-just-skiing-related forums, etc... how to deal with trolls, both the dsm variety as well as the ever-present polyass alias variety

BAD: pedantically correcting / arguing with the troll. as the person has created an account purely for this trolling purpose, they attach no personal significance to being correct, and so are and will always be wholly unfazed by refutation or rebuke. additionally, as the troll account has no reputation to uphold (being an alias), they can and will cherry-pick replies to respond to, only when they feel they can make a point. you can't "call them out" on being wrong as they aren't anyone, they have nothing to lose by being proven wrong. by refusing to de-anonymize to the extent that the average TGR poster does, they are outside of the primary method of holding-accountable that a forum like this has (reputation).

BAD: responding by chiding them in the way you would chide another member of the forum. again, this is an account solely for this purpose, and so the normal sort of TGR joshing you'd do with another member who you might one day buy/sell gear from/to, or ski with, do not apply. by treating them like another member of the forum you just signal to other, ahem "less observant" posters, that this is just another community member instead of some stupid gimmick account.

BAD: bumping these dumbfuck threads when they start to get low on the page. when one of these threads gets close to the second page, let it keep sinking.

ACCEPTABLE IF YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT HELP IT: extremely harsh rebukes; things you would definitely NOT say to non-anonymous posters; cruel and hurtful comments that would provoke confrontation in person. if the alias actually gets mad, they've lost; if this leads to their de-anonymization, even more so. furthermore, since they are not a valid member of the community in any other sense (don't ski with mags, don't buy gear from mags, etc) there's no reason to extend any civility their way whatsoever. DON'T do this if you can't do it without getting mad yourself, btw (eg don't make threats, etc) as this means that YOU have lost. it's still worse than ignoring them, but it's much better than the normal credulous responses that these guys manage to generate regularly.

GOOD: ignoring their posts and threads, never responding to them, referencing them only in the most oblique ways (not quoting their posts, not bumping their threads)

GOOD: repeatedly call out (ideally NOT in their threads) for other posters that this is a gimmick account, and not a real person.

BEST: ignore list.

the combination of this place being free/quick/easy to register for + and the community generally being opposed to all forms of moderation means that there's no mechanism for stopping people from doing this sort of trolling. add in the fact that at least a quarter of you guys just seem physiologically incapable of NOT responding to them, and you get dsm starting a dozen moronic threads.

tl;dr what DBdude said, stop responding ffs

edit: also, if you find yourself falling into some weird argument, click the persons profile and read their post history. are they a normal TGR poster you just don't know yet? or are 99.99% of their posts this kind of shit, etc...

Slug guts smashed up in my shoe sole.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Just another variation on "get rich quick" scheme seminars, like "how to make millions flipping real estate using other people's money."
    the one that amused me was the syndicated "debt free" radio guy, don't know his name, but he's on shitty radio stations in the west and interviews people who've gone "debt free". the number of them who became "debt free" by leading "debt free" seminars was highly amusing.

I fully expect a burgeoning business in 20 years for "I FIREd ran out of money and now I'm fucked" seminars.