Page 1153 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 ... LastLast
Results 28,801 to 28,825 of 46047
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    <snip>
    Not around here--they sell summer mix and winter mix and the winter mix goes down to 0. Used to be able to buy concentrate and mix your own but that's gone.
    Is the "summer mix" just a bottle of water with some food coloring?

winter = water, methanol, dye.
    summer = water, different color dye.

fuck, beat me by a minute

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    BTW your user name was the answer to a clue in the New Yorker crossword this morning. I would never have finished it if it weren't for your name, so thank you for that.
    Seems like we need a thread that is possible crossword clues that El Chupacabra was the answer to. Smartass possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    There is no trader joes there....I think?
    Are there trader Joe's in Utah?
    Pretty much all of them elsewhere sell beer/wine/liquor as a main revenue source.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Are there trader Joe's in Utah?
    Pretty much all of them elsewhere sell beer/wine/liquor as a main revenue source.
    There's one in downtown SLC, one in Cottonwood Heights, and another in Orem. No booze was a sticking point for a long time, but they seem to have figured something out. I'm surprised there isn't one at Kimball Jct yet.

A couple days ago I updated (well, accepted the update) to Catalina os from Mojave on my mac, it seemed fine until a minute ago, but I just found out that "dashboard" is gone. I used that all the time, wtf. No more dashboard, I just read and confirmed it. annoying.

Kanye West
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Getting to Trader Joe's in Trolley Square (SLC). I just want to turn into the fucking place not make seven left turns in an ever decreasing radius. JFC.
    I’m driving 2 hours to stock up at Trader Joe’s. Have made 3 trips so far since moving here in Feb. bought a chest freezer for the frozen pasta and frozen veggies.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

That can't be worth it. Are you an anti-cookite or something? Most stores do have pasta and vegetables.

I know I've said this before and I'll say it again. Shit that annoys me as a medical professional is patients leaving against medical advice or refusing scans. Why the fuck do you even bother coming into the hospital, wasting everyones time and your own if you don't want to participate in your medical care.
    Better yet, why the fuck don't attending physicians actually talk to the patient prior to ordering scans that the patient might refuse anyways.

Because the fucking US system is such that we don't know how much scans are going to cost.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Because the fucking US system is such that we don't know how much scans are going to cost.
    This. It's ridiculous.

Just got back from my surgeon's ten minutes ago. i need an MRI. JH hospital best price was $1650, Star valley (45 minutes away) was $800.
    Ridiculous.
    Needless to say, I'm taking a road trip.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

And on top of that, some providers just order ALL of the tests. Because. It's a broken system

then add in the insurance rodeo ...
    I'm currently annoyed with insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    And on top of that, some providers just order ALL of the tests. Because. It's a broken system
    While I sympathize with mtnjam, there is a lot of this. I had a bad bike wreck recently and (among other things) slammed really hard on my lower back. I was pretty confident that I had just bruised the hell out of everything, but went in a few days later to get some just-in-case xrays. Xrays showed no fractures, but the doctor noted some minor L5 spondylosis and recommended a CT scan. I thought that was ridiculous considering that it wasn't related to the accident and asymptomatic, it would be an unnecessary dose of radiation (one CT scan is equivalent to hundreds of x-rays), and my out-of-pocket cost would be north of $1,000. I saw my PCP a few days later and he agreed 100% with my decision to decline the CT.

The NP that works with my wife's doctor lives to order thousands of dollars of tests. The doc, not so much. I always tell my wife to hold out for an appointment with the doc.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    I know I've said this before and I'll say it again. Shit that annoys me as a medical professional is patients leaving against medical advice or refusing scans. Why the fuck do you even bother coming into the hospital, wasting everyones time and your own if you don't want to participate in your medical care.
    Better yet, why the fuck don't attending physicians actually talk to the patient prior to ordering scans that the patient might refuse anyways.
    I don't think you get the big picture, might be time to find a new line of work.

Fucking people at work that IM me, then try to call. For piddly shit. Just type that shit in the IM window. We can all get on with our lives.

Also - I'm not going to answer the fucking phone.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Fucking people at work that IM me, then try to call. For piddly shit. Just type that shit in the IM window. We can all get on with our lives.

Also - I'm not going to answer the fucking phone.

"Hey, got a second?"
    "Yeah, what's up?"
    [two hours of silence]

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    "Hey, got a second?"
    "Yeah, what's up?"
    [two hours of silence]
    You must work at my company...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    "Hey, got a second?"
    "Yeah, what's up?"
    [two hours of silence]
    I like when as soon as you IM someone a question their status changes to busy.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I like when as soon as you IM someone a question their status changes to busy.
    I usually switch mine to "Out of Office" as soon as people start bothering me.

And, you generally know you're going to get screwed.

I went to urgent care a few years ago with a bad cough. Had gone through the normal cycle of symptoms for a cold. After a week I was getting better but then the cough came back. After a few days was still getting worse, not better. Doc wanted xrays to check for pneumonia. I balked at the xray questioning if the provider doing them would be in my network. Doc shrugged and said well if it isn't pneumonia I'd be giving you antibiotics for the other alternatives it could be anyways, so here's your prescription. Cough was gone in a day or two. Saved a few hundred that day...