Page 1279 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 ... LastLast
Results 31,951 to 31,975 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I don’t see the point of video calls. What’s wrong with a phone? I don’t need to see people’s faces to get the info I need.

And since I have a face for radio, nobody wants to see me either. ;-)
    Ha, prior to covid most in my company never turned on cameras during web conferences. Then we got some new C-level folks who insisted on using them all the time, and have been doing some major projects with consultants who all use zoom. We've hired a ton of people since covid began and with closed offices no one has met them in person. Also have a lot of co-workers in other offices I've never been to so it has actually been cool to see what people look like. Same with some bankers and others I deal with overseas. But yeah, not needed most of the time and I don't turn the camera on now unless I'm presenting or most on a call have theirs on.

Shit that annoys you

This morning there is a very long list of things that annoy me. And that annoys me too. But it might rise to a higher level. Maybe I should be looking for the “shit that totally pisses you off” thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Wow I thought you were like 22.
    You ski with any maggots yet?
    nope. i almost ended up on a chair with buttah at killington, but i was saved by the gods of technology when the rfid gate kicked me out rather randomly.

i did get a sticker from vtf though.... does that count for anything?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF2A47C9-5DB5-4557-8B72-34B393F8E108.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	694.7 KB 
ID:	345121

Eh, I like the video conferencing thing, but then I like my coworkers. It's easier to have a conversation when you can see facial expressions. And there are no dress expectations, I have been in a t-shirt and hoodie for every single one.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

VW vanagon AFC. Been trouble shooting this shit for +2 weeks now

broken ribs.
    "Can't you see..."

vibes, man. that sucks.... gonna annoy you for quite while to come yet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Eh, I like the video conferencing thing, but then I like my coworkers. It's easier to have a conversation when you can see facial expressions. And there are no dress expectations, I have been in a t-shirt and hoodie for every single one.
    We had a Zoom retirement party for a work/social friend. It was very nice to see the faces of folks I haven't seen in a while. It was very disappointing that it was BYOB.

After shutting down the West Seattle bridge and turning our neighborhood into a virtual island, now 8 months in with no solid plan but estimations of 3-6 years of repair, the only ingress/egress is dropped to one lane in part and the speed limit lowered, they now decide to do construction on that one lane during morning rush hour and then 1/2 mile later on the last remaining bridge to get into the city, they pull the drawbridge for 45 minutes. I could commute to Portland quicker than getting into the city I see from my kitchen.

Name:	IMG_5690.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	345143

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm sorry, didn't you mean to post that in the "Shit that enrages you" thread?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Another one for the "Shit that enrages you" thread. Could be cross-posted in the "POS human being" thread or the yet-to-be created "People who need to die" thread:

Name:	e172f777-2fde-4f9b-951f-8f25349f50aa.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	345144

Spotted on a hike about 30 minutes up Neff's canyon above fancy-pants SLC neighborhood.
    Ms Boissal went all cavewoman on the branch with a sharp rock and chipped it into oblivion. She was shaking with rage, high likelihood that the rock would have been used to crack a skull if given the chance.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The CEL in my 4Runner. It keeps popping on and throwing a code for fuel system pressure (or some such), which is basically attributed to a loose fuel cap. I've since replaced the original cap with another, OEM cap. Issue popped up again. Annoying. Probably a clogged or loose fuel system vent line or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The CEL in my 4Runner. It keeps popping on and throwing a code for fuel system pressure (or some such), which is basically attributed to a loose fuel cap. I've since replaced the original cap with another, OEM cap. Issue popped up again. Annoying. Probably a clogged or loose fuel system vent line or something.
    Last time it happened to me I had to have the code reset, just replacing the cap didn't get rid of the CEL. Is that still the case?

Check the charcoal canister purge valve. It might be sticking. It was a long time ago but i think I just cleaned mine out n lubed it.15min, $0.00 fix. It's called a vsv... Code might be a p0456 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Last time it happened to me I had to have the code reset, just replacing the cap didn't get rid of the CEL. Is that still the case?
    Last time it happened, I disconnected the battery terminals and cleaned them. Good to go until this past weekend.

When I owned my Land Cruiser with the same V8 drive train, the fuel cap was always the culprit. Driving the vehicle through the proper number of cycles resets the code. Not so with the 4Runner, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Check the charcoal canister purge valve. It might be sticking. It was a long time ago but i think I just cleaned mine out n lubed it.15min, $0.00 fix. It's called a vsv... Code might be a p0456 or something like that.
    Oooh, rad! I'll give that a look. Thank you!

You know what else is annoying? Candy corn. That shit is disgusting. it's the devil's earwax. Gross.

You know what else is annoying? Candy corn. That shit is disgusting. it's the devil's earwax. Gross.
    It annoys me when people talk about candy corn that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Name:  IMG_6140.png
Views: 1863
Size:  198.9 KB

Shit that annoys you

Name:  IMG_6508.JPG
Views: 1023
Size:  30.7 KBcouldn’t resist
    Eta haha great minds have similar echo chambers apparently

Love me some candy corn

The devil's earwax. Excellent. Tell the truth. Did you make that up?

1:1 candy corn/salted peanut = poor man’s payday or salted nut roll

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    1:1 candy corn/salted peanut = poor man’s payday or salted nut roll
    That shit is more addictive than crack.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What the fuck is going on with car headlights? Is it a nuclear arms race to make the brightest ones? Where does it end? Probably with me blinded in a ditch somehwere.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    What the fuck is going on with car headlights? Is it a nuclear arms race to make the brightest ones? Where does it end? Probably with me blinded in a ditch somehwere.
    Only solution when an oncoming car has those super obnoxious headlights is to turn your brights on and leave them on till you pass. At least then you can kind of see. (They will flash their brights at you but fuck them.)