Page 1708 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 ... LastLast
Results 42,676 to 42,700 of 46279
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Just donate the stuff to charity and take the tax write off.
    Itemized deductions went out the window for me with the trump tax changes. What’s your trick?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Just donate the stuff to charity and take the tax write off.
    Even charitable places are picky now and don't take certain things...that was during covid, so maybe its better now?The last thing I want to do is dump it. It has value to someone, but finding that someone takes effort.
    We did unload almost 2k worth of shit yesterday, but we still have a ways to go.

At garage sale prices, that's a lot of shit.

My experience is Habitat for Humanity will take most stuff that isn't junk. Goodwill will take (almost) everything else. Placed on the street corner with a free sign works amazingly well in my hood too.

For whatever reason, garage/yard sales are a completely different story. The "customers" are in it for sport. My brother had one with some really good stuff like tools, small kitchen appliances, Ikea furniture that hadn't fallen apart yet, and the people were just assholes about it. He also had a POS Jeep Cherokee in the driveway with a for sale sign. Got lots of insanely low ball offers on it as well. Toward the end of the day, he accepted one of the offers on the condition that the buyer had to take all of the remaining items - and the guy did. Two problems solved.

Shit that annoys you

FB groups like Buy Nothing have been great for getting rid of stuff if it has at least some marginal value or use. Sometimes even really junky stuff goes. Worth trying for sure to find homes for stuff you don’t want anymore but don’t want to junk. Stuff getting tossed in the trash that still has life annoys me
    Last edited by mcski; 05-28-2023 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    My experience is Habitat for Humanity will take most stuff that isn't junk. Goodwill will take (almost) everything else. Placed on the street corner with a free sign works amazingly well in my hood too.
    Scored a nice six foot teak table with leaves that way last weekend. It's weathered and grey so will need to be refinished, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it. Free shit is the best shit.

I'm wondering when my wife will put me out by the street with a free sign. "Mostly house trained."

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I'm wondering when my wife will put me out by the street with a free sign. "Mostly house trained."
    Do you qualify as an antique?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    “Comes with free plunger”

Went out to dine in DT W2 with some friends last night - 8 of us total. We had reservations for outdoor seating right on Main St. where we would be able to take in the pleasant evening, people watch and enjoy the lighted trees.

People who had the table before us refused to leave so rather than strong arm them out of there the restuarant scambled to make space for us inside where it was packed, dark and very, very loud with a view of a wall.

WTF?
    The problems is restaurants that overbook--don't allow enough time between reservations. We used to go to the same place for our anniversary until the year they told us to leave after we'd been there an hour because someone was waiting for the table. Didn't let us order dessert. This is a fancy-shmancy place--the kind with the name of the chef on the menu. Not the kind of place we go to anymore--the places we go to have cooks, not chefs. I should have told them we didn't have time to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Scored a nice six foot teak table with leaves that way last weekend. It's weathered and grey so will need to be refinished, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it. Free shit is the best shit.
    There is always tons of pretty good used items on FB marketplace in my area. Lots of times people are moving and just have so much stuff to clean out in their attics and garages and giving it away feels good and is cheaper than paying the junk guys to take it away. Then there are the idiots that have stuff that is 10 years old and they will post Originally $300 and want $250 for it, usually stuff you wouldn't want to buy from someone unless dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    “Comes with free plunger”

"and poop knife."
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problems is restaurants that overbook--don't allow enough time between reservations. We used to go to the same place for our anniversary until the year they told us to leave after we'd been there an hour because someone was waiting for the table. Didn't let us order dessert. This is a fancy-shmancy place--the kind with the name of the chef on the menu. Not the kind of place we go to anymore--the places we go to have cooks, not chefs. I should have told them we didn't have time to pay.
    Yeah... don't think that was the case that night. People had finished their meal and just wanted to enjoy their digestion at the table. Table was totally cleared - they were just sitting there and wouldn't leave.

Edit/sdd: besides, that's no way to behave during peak dining hours in a small tourist town. Those restaurants only have a couple months to make 90% of their yearly income.

Don't be an ass. Move your ass.

We have a nice new plaza with tables/umbrellas, planters and fountains they could have moved to that was 30 seconds from where they were sitting. Oh well.
    Last edited by KQ; 05-28-2023 at 06:27 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Always nice to see there are fucking morans outside the U.S., too:
    https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-is-suspended/

Imagine what crimes are in that phone to make that worth it

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Imagine the hookers that are in that phone to make that worth it
    Fifh

I've seen this commercial on TV a couple times in the last few weeks and have to admit it annoys the shit out of me.

No issue that it's for a nasty buffet, it's the question that just seems asinine to me.

Clearly I'm not meant to take it literally, but I just can't help it.

Which came first, processed breaded chicken "fingers" or people eating the meat from animal ribs?

WTF. Why do I care? I don't know. But it fkn bothers me.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Smith optics. I broke the temple piece on a pair of scrip. Smiths, the shitty plastic part where the screw holds it to the frame.

Called Smith, not warrantied, it was my fault so I get that. Cannot buy a replacement temple? Looking at their products, they have gotten a lot cheaper made.

Fuck!
    I’d try again. I’ve warrantied two pairs that had that issue. Credit for new sunglasses both times since they don’t keep old stock of that part.

two factor authentication on sites where I pay bills. I'm not talking about banks etc. If someone pretending to be me wants to pay my car insurance I'm fine with it.

People who talk on their phones in public spaces without regard for the people around them. I'm on an airport parking shuttle and a woman got on in the middle of a conversation and subjected the other 10 of us on the shuttle to her conversation for the entire 15 minutes she was on the shuttle.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Broken ribs annoy me. Like, really annoy me.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

No issue that it's for a nasty buffet, it's the question that just seems asinine to me.

Clearly I'm not meant to take it literally, but I just can't help it.

Which came first, processed breaded chicken "fingers" or people eating the meat from animal ribs?

WTF. Why do I care? I don't know. But it fkn bothers me.
    The one that unreasonably annoys me is the McDonalds ad where the guy's ordering at the drive-thru and he can't decide what he wants. He's there for maybe five seconds and someone behind him honks. WTF? How about a little patience, asshole.

The no-license-needed crowd.

WTF is with people?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    People who talk on their phones in public spaces without regard for the people around them. I'm on an airport parking shuttle and a woman got on in the middle of a conversation and subjected the other 10 of us on the shuttle to her conversation for the entire 15 minutes she was on the shuttle.
    Can you explain that to my wife. And that the living room is a public space when I'm in it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The one that unreasonably annoys me is the McDonalds ad where the guy's ordering at the drive-thru and he can't decide what he wants. He's there for maybe five seconds and someone behind him honks. WTF? How about a little patience, asshole.
    I get annoyed at drive thrus where there is no menu visible until you get right up to the order window.

Even more annoying is inside McDs where they have menus on screens now that change the display every few seconds. You're looking to see what they have on the dollar menu there and just as you spot where it is, the screen changes to beverages or something else. Then you get to stand there and wait until it flashes back.