Page 1429 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 ... LastLast
Results 35,701 to 35,725 of 45938
    We just bought a Prius. There was a dealer $2000 special and a manufacturer $2000 discount so we got it $4000 under MSRP.
    Go to cars.com and look for cars you want anywhere, then call the dealer and figure something out.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Spam texts:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1635217593.433798.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	329.3 KB 
ID:	390372

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Spam texts:

Name:	Image1635217593.433798.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	329.3 KB 
ID:	390372
    Dude, they are LOOKING FOR YOU!

https://nypost.com/2021/10/25/hiker-...nknown-number/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Things that amuse me.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Hmm, are you female? I’ve been using the same charging cord for over two years.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Weird thing to flex about. Yup, no insecurities here folks.

With the low availability of cars, why are you looking local? Here’s one in Salem the only manual I found anywhere.
    At some point, I'll definitely ramp up the search to nationwide. However, once production starts to catch up a bit, it should be a pretty common vehicle. Theoretically at least. I'm juuuuuust starting to look as the vehicle just got released, so I'm in no rush. Told the waifu no way am I paying close to 30K for a freaking Civic. The new model's certainly a respectable vehicle but not 30K good. Not that I can spend any more, but IF I were to spend that much, there's a plethora of used cars I'd rather go with. We need to save more anyway, so whatevs. Dealers can go suck it with their markups. Acting like a Civic is a freaking rare model Vette with these markups. NOPE! Homey don't play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I just got really lucky on a new 2021 Corolla commuter for the wife; a mid-level trim package for under msrp of the base model. I was shocked at the discount. Maybe because it’s black?
    We just bought a Prius. There was a dealer $2000 special and a manufacturer $2000 discount so we got it $4000 under MSRP.
    Go to cars.com and look for cars you want anywhere, then call the dealer and figure something out.
    Interesting! I guess Toyota's doing fine with inventory compared to some of the others. Good tip on cars.com. I'll travel to pick my car up if it means I'm not getting blatantly dicked over.

Dave Chappelle's stand up acts becoming "news" the next day is a a telling sign that mainstream media wants to "cancel" him. You'll see them drag this out into past jokes and target him. The blur of news and entertainment really shakes me up. He quit the industry once before but this time it looks like he is making a stand. Comedy isn't dead.

I had several friends that got to go to Chappelle's intimate gatherings on his farm in Yellow Springs, OH last year and to a man and woman, of all stripes and persuasions, they said he is an absolute treasure.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Dave Chappelle's stand up acts becoming "news" the next day is a a telling sign that mainstream media wants to "cancel" him. You'll see them drag this out into past jokes and target him. The blur of news and entertainment really shakes me up. He quit the industry once before but this time it looks like he is making a stand. Comedy isn't dead.
    I won't attempt to give any opinion on Chappelle's schtick on transgender issues, because I've not listened to any of the material etc. (So, I'm not making ANY judgement, for or against.)

But what I can say is this;
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

If my parents named me "Greg" - but now I want to be called "Bob" - but you decide that's just too "weird" and unnatural - and still insist on calling me "Greg" - that would, IMO, make you an asshole. It costs you nothing to call me Bob. It's respectful, even if you don't agree with how I came to the conclusion I want to be "Bob."

I also think people that ignore people's wishes around gender are also assholes.

Yeah, there's nothing saying you have to respect anyone's wishes about how they'd like you to interact with them. But you're still an asshole if you refuse to be kind.

If I decide I want to be "Sally" next week - then the kind, and socially adept way to respond is to simply call me "Sally." It might squick you out, it might be against your "religion" (though I have to say a ton of those people haven't actually read or comprehend the book they claim to follow), it might be awkward, or whatever - but it's not being "honest" or "courageous" or "edgy" to refuse to call me Sally. It's just you being an asshole, IMO.

I just really wish that people would simply think about how they'd (at least most people) treat their mom - and do likewise for their fellow humans. Yeah, she might not be making the most sense on whatever topic - but you can still be kind and gentle, even if you don't get their deal.

Edited to add:
    Perhaps I should change that wording a bit. Rather than saying they are an asshole - I'll just say that I'm not sure if they're assholes or not - just that they're acting like assholes. And if you don't want to be seen as acting like an asshole or perhaps actually being one, how about acting differently.

Did you ask if they identify as assholes?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Comedy isn't dead.
    Comedy isn't dead but Chappelle's newest bit isn't innovative commedy either. It comes off as material that he worked out on a home crowd. The whole schtick is saying something he knows to be offensive.

I loved the other specials but turned this one off about half way through. He neither covers new ground nor had anything memorable from a comedic perspective. Pretty clear he took the money and ran.
    Last edited by ghosthop; 10-26-2021 at 11:38 AM.

he's not infallible & it should be noted that, as a very good performer, he likely has some ability to take audiences somewhere they maybe didn't necessarily want to end up

comedians tend to push boundaries
    sometimes good, sometimes not
    one can only hope they keep learning as they go along

does "canceling" exist? yes
    is criticism always canceling? no

societies "boundaries" are always changing

not sure where to land on this one, but it seems some legitimate criticism is buried in there with the always over-the-top media attention

In American culture as soon as a winner loses they are washed up. Watching European football they kinda act the same way so maybe it is just another awful human behavior.

We shouldn't expect perfection from performers but people aren't rational thinkers

news sites continue to erode news

The Hill has generally been reliable for political news. The opinion pages are full of conservative leaning stuff, but it is usually pretty well ID'ed as opinion.

This advertising in the style of the news copy & is clearly a new low for The Hill.

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1,020.7 KB 
ID:	390411

The #2 story on that sidebar illustrates my contention that talking about “cancel culture” has become a bigger industry than “cancel culture”. It’s news because people will engage with it, not because it has any merit or value other than getting clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The #2 story on that sidebar illustrates my contention that talking about “cancel culture” has become a bigger industry than “cancel culture”. It’s news because people will engage with it, not because it has any merit or value other than getting clicks.
    You can tell cancel culture is pretty much fake because the people who are constantly bitching about cancel culture are constantly yapping all over multiple media platforms. What they really mean is “I said some toxic shit and they took away my sweet sweet ad/endorsement money! It isn’t fair! Why aren’t I allowed to be an asshole without consequences?”

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Why aren’t I allowed to be an asshole without consequences?
    It's why we have the PR. Just don't cross The Line or you'll have to start over with a new alias.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

That fucking blue plastic film that certain companies shrink wrap everything in….Bought one of those patio space heaters….Literally every fucking inch of it was covered in that shit…..The directions had a 30 minute assembly time estimate. Took me nearly twice that just to get all that shit off, because it consistently came off in 2-3 inch strips….I may or may not have been in full Tourette’s mode towards the end. Fucking annoying.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

There is a special place in hell for people that design and implement packaging.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    That fucking blue plastic film that certain companies shrink wrap everything in….Bought one of those patio space heaters….Literally every fucking inch of it was covered in that shit…..The directions had a 30 minute assembly time estimate. Took me nearly twice that just to get all that shit off, because it consistently came off in 2-3 inch strips….I may or may not have been in full Tourette’s mode towards the end. Fucking annoying.
    Hahaha. Dealt with the EXACT same thing on my patio heaters too. Seriously frustrating having to dick with that stuff after an otherwise straight forward assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    There is a special place in hell for people that design and implement packaging.
    Seriously. What ever happened to good ole bubble wrap???

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Hahaha. Dealt with the EXACT same thing on my patio heaters too. Seriously frustrating having to dick with that stuff after an otherwise straight forward assembly.
    Exactly this.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    LOL. That shit is evil too.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Marshalls is apparently still in the 70s. I had a few articles of clothing that were given to me that i never wore and figured I'd get some store credit for it since i had no receipts. They have 6 cashiers working and it seemed every time one of them finished with a customer they would putz around and move hangars around and take 5 minutes before they'd call up another.
    I finally get to a cashier and tell her I'm returning my 4 articles and have no receipts. She needs my drivers license for some reason. Then she starts typing my info into the system and she has 3" fingernails so she makes me look like a speed typist. Then she scans the items and the last one has only the mfr tags and no Marshalls tag with their sku. She calls down to another cashier who says she'll take care of it and my cashier brings it down to her.
    Now at a new register and all the info has to be reentered and garments scanned again, Gets to the last item and without hesitating she says she doesn't have a sku, so can't give credit which is understandable, but why TF didn't you let the other cashier just finish up. Then she takes a store gift card and hand writes my name on the card, I ask her why they need my license and she says that is so nobody else can use the gift card, I ask why and she says only you can use it, not even your wife, How TF is this place still in business with such a ridiculous exchange policy and inefficient service? I turned around to leave and the line was literally 20 people deep. I can't imagine that place around Christmas time.