Page 1359 of 1396 FirstFirst ... 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 ... LastLast
Results 33,951 to 33,975 of 34881
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It's always amazing to see how pissed off people get by being delayed by five seconds while driving. I can't think of any other context, outside of actual competition, where people are so intent on shaving off seconds to get somewhere.
    It's not the delay that annoys me--as my kid likes to remind me when I get impatient I have a lot of time. It's the fact that a fellow human or near-human thinks that their needs outweigh mine.

As far as kids' sports, I do have to say I got a thrill watching my kid get a rare goal in water polo. He was in a scrum in the hole against the goalie and the hole defender. All you could see was a lot of splashing out of which a ball came out and into the goal. He was easily the slowest kid on the team but he never let the rules get in his way when he was within an arm's or leg's reach of someone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1621737847.814056.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	375350

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

And also amuses

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

ski areas should have lots for trucks and vans over a certain length. Pay lots. And they're not allowed in the free lots.

Name:	A8FE8707-4FDB-4534-AED4-3CEAC1C46598.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	187.7 KB 
ID:	375368
    Forum Cross Pollinator

That's special.

Dayum .....
    Over sized vehicles/trucks do have more challenging time when parking, but UP ON THE SIDEWALK?!?!?
    That's where I get dangerously/stupidly close to violence ...... being a nazi geezer pedestrian 'n all.
    Probably best if I just leave screed note on the windshield.

Maybe he’s allowing room for motorcycles
    amirite stealyurface ?

Blocking the sidewalk and taking 2 spots. Special person with the Hat trick. I watched him park, he didn’t need to block the sidewalk, plenty of room to pull forward. He was parking to go into Starbucks too.

I so would have parked within a few inches of his driver side door if I was looking for some drama.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I so would have parked within a few inches of his driver side door if I was looking for some drama.
    Hahaha, yup! Classic move. Especially when there's only one spot left and your car can actually squeeze in there. One of my favorite moments ever was doing just that. Guy was parked like that truck. So I folded in my mirror, backed up and squeaked in there with millimeters to spare, folded down my back seat and climbed out the trunk. Was at a movie theater. When my movie was done, I came out and saw a very pissed off guy trying to figure out how to get out, as somebody else with my same sense of humor did the same to him on the OTHER side. Guy looked dumbfounded when I climbed in through my trunk and started the car. I waved a friendly goodbye and smiled as he was yelling and cussing at me, telling me how he was gonna kick my ass and stuff. "lol ok, guy. buh bye!" ...good times.

FWIW, beater cars rule for pulling just this maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Hahaha, yup! Classic move. Especially when there's only one spot left and your car can actually squeeze in there. One of my favorite moments ever was doing just that. Guy was parked like that truck. So I folded in my mirror, backed up and squeaked in there with millimeters to spare, folded down my back seat and climbed out the trunk. Was at a movie theater. When my movie was done, I came out and saw a very pissed off guy trying to figure out how to get out, as somebody else with my same sense of humor did the same to him on the OTHER side. Guy looked dumbfounded when I climbed in through my trunk and started the car. I waved a friendly goodbye and smiled as he was yelling and cussing at me, telling me how he was gonna kick my ass and stuff. "lol ok, guy. buh bye!" ...good times.

FWIW, beater cars rule for pulling just this maneuver.
    Heh, I've done that a few times. In one of the San Francisco garages by the piers, I found the last space had been encroached on both sides. So I folded the rental mini van mirrors AND the mirrors of the scofflaws. I let my passengers out, parked, and I crawled out through the trunk. My cousin was impressed with my next level passive aggressiveness. I parked exactly in the middle of my spot. I am sure the other parties had planned to block the spot. And the guy on the right was definitely going to have to crawl through his vehicle since I was millimeters off his door. This is the reverse situation of the above as I slid in between two poorly parked vehicles of the large domestic SUV persuasion.

I’ll tell my favorite schrader tool story. One time at Targhee Fest we were in the camper/trailer lot. A few spots away from us was a bunch of bikers (not Hell’s Angels, but trashy Idaho Falls types). Maybe 15 of them. They stayed up raging until 2:00, which was kinda expected. But at 6:00 AM they started up all of their harley’s, and drove around the camp four or five times while revving/etc. I think they were annoyed at being told to keep it down at 2:00 AM.
    It pissed EVERYONE off.
    So, the next night, during the Drive By Truckers, I stealthily removed every fucking schrader core, from their bikes, and their trailers and campers.
    It was SO fun.
    And they were SO pissed the next morning, it was Sunday, with nowhere to go but back to I F for enough Schrader cores. One of my crowning passive aggressive manuevers of all time.
    WINNING
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Right on rideit. Many people dream of that, myself included but few people do. Nice work!

It was really a pinnacle of revenge achievement. I didn’t tell a goddamn soul until three weeks later or so, even to my wife who was there.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

It was really a pinnacle of revenge achievement. I didn’t tell a goddamn soul until three weeks later or so, even to my wife who was there.
    Ballsy. But I guess if they weren't real bikers it wouldn't get you killed if you got caught.

I’ll tell my favorite schrader tool story. One time at Targhee Fest we were in the camper/trailer lot. A few spots away from us was a bunch of bikers (not Hell’s Angels, but trashy Idaho Falls types). Maybe 15 of them. They stayed up raging until 2:00, which was kinda expected. But at 6:00 AM they started up all of their harley’s, and drove around the camp four or five times while revving/etc. I think they were annoyed at being told to keep it down at 2:00 AM.
    It pissed EVERYONE off.
    So, the next night, during the Drive By Truckers, I stealthily removed every fucking schrader core, from their bikes, and their trailers and campers.
    It was SO fun.
    And they were SO pissed the next morning, it was Sunday, with nowhere to go but back to I F for enough Schrader cores. One of my crowning passive aggressive manuevers of all time.
    WINNING
    That is all time!! They were douchebags and they deserved it.

HA! That story's classic. You have way more self-control than I ever would have. I have THE worst poker face when it comes to this stuff.

I would've been like...

Troubleshooting a faulty irrigation valve annoys the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Troubleshooting a faulty irrigation valve annoys the hell out of me.
    Just look at this shitshow of an install:

Name:	IMG_2988.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	375517

^ Yeah, that would be annoying. I trust that wasn’t your install.

Not my install, but it is my house. Fuck. I’m gonna dig it all up and reinstall fresh valves, manifold, and wiring the right way. There goes a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Just look at this shitshow of an install:

Name:	IMG_2988.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	375517
    Man I'd have a steady stream of choice words and be pissed at traffic back and forth between Lowes... That would piss me off right there.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Popped my trailer off the ball yesterday going over a cattle guard a little too fast. Ripped the wiring out of the plug connector so I got to work on rewiring that in a parking lot while everyone else went on a nice mountain bike ride.

Punt your blessings, that could have been way worse...
    Forum Cross Pollinator